PDA

View Full Version : Battle Creek4/25 Whos going?

quadscrib
04-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Well whos going? Got lotsa youth racers comin!!!

wileeviper
04-10-2010, 07:08 PM
The Millers will be there. Sunday and possibly Saturday, at least for Blair and I. I may need some coaching, as I have not ridden there before. :eek2:

quadscrib
04-10-2010, 07:59 PM
it's very sandy. It's been sonce 08' that I've been there. Just to prepare ya, the track conditions deteriorate pretty quick. Portland will be a breeze afterwords. Gotta love the new forum BTW.

kimv
04-11-2010, 06:18 PM
We will be there! Planning on both days! Wyatt will be running 70 production, and this will be Brody's first race, 50 limited. We cant wait!!!!

#404's Dad
04-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Deep Sand or Just Sandy Dirt?

DAVYS DAD
04-11-2010, 08:24 PM
minis (70 and 90) didnt have any problems last year on the big track,Its pretty mellow I think ,sandy but not to bad I ran the smaller 18 snow hogs with no rutting problems.

Scrib,Ollie comming??

Kimv is the BOMB please post some pictures;)

Later
Dave

quadscrib
04-12-2010, 06:41 AM
Yah we will be there. Actually myself, Ollie, and Violet will be there!

kimv
04-12-2010, 06:49 AM
thx Dave(: I will have to post some pics from last years D14 races.

Scrib- What class will Violet be running this year?

quadscrib
04-12-2010, 06:57 AM
Probly 50 Limited. If not 50 Production.

wileeviper
04-12-2010, 12:29 PM
11 days until Battle Creek! "Gladiators Ready?"

aimo007
04-12-2010, 08:23 PM
my boys will be their austin #5 on 90 and alec #4 70 both boys are excited since we quit after only 2 or 3 races last year lookin forward to seeing everyone (that is if rnb is done with 70 ha ha ) or should i say if i get all my parts in time cant wait kids are ready hopefully they havent forgot how to ride them things lol

curryd
04-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Whats the website for District 14 racing?

kimv
04-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Here's the website- www.ama-d14.org

PM me your address if you want a flyer with the schedule on it(:

DAVYS DAD
04-15-2010, 06:27 PM
:D I hope there are a ton of minis there!!!!

#404's Dad
04-15-2010, 07:19 PM
We might pop in, only have one quad done though so I dunno, whats the weather supposed to be like?

quadscrib
04-15-2010, 08:33 PM
As of right now the forecast that I looked at says 56F and cloudy....weather I personally like for racing.
But, how many multiples of 5 minutes away is next sunday lol.
I hope its a good day and the more the merrier!

kimv
04-15-2010, 08:43 PM
Yeah who knows with Michigan weather!! Today it was 80, saturday its suppose to be 50! Crossing my fingers for nice weather for the race!

What class will Trevor be running if you guys come?

Dave I hope you are working hard on those quads!!!

#404's Dad
04-15-2010, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by kimv

What class will Trevor be running if you guys come?

70 Production but just learning this year so we'll try and stay out of the way lol.

quadscrib
04-16-2010, 05:58 AM
Well Cory big track action is new for alot of the 70 riders.... This should be a great time! I sure cant wait to race the ol' KTM too!!!
Season openers are always nervous times.

kimv
04-16-2010, 06:26 AM
There are going to be alot of new riders on 70s this year. I know Wyatt has alot of learning to do, he was on a stock 70 last year, only lil tracks, now he is on a totally different 70 and going to the big track. I think they will all learn as they go! Hope you guys can make it Cory!

#404's Dad
04-16-2010, 09:26 AM
We will try and make it just feel a bit behind the eight ball, 5th wheel is still in the shop, only one bike is built the other is still a bare frame and Trevor has only ridden twice this year which were both his first times riding MX, we'll see what happens I guess.

magna-007
04-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Hay Scrib,

Chad here. Got Jeremy on a DRR 90 this year.
Unfortunately we probably cant make it to the Battle Creek race this weekend. Really bummed too.

What would be the "beginner 90" class to start him in? Would that be the production class?
Hes been ridin some, but its still gonna be a new class for him.
Big difference between the old Eton 70 and this DRR. WOW!!

I also need to fix his this week. Thinkin he may have cooked the coil. Plug wire was danglin from plug and rode for a bit. Shut it off and couldnt get it started again. I fixed plug wire end and starts fine now. But spits, pops and bangs when you try to go. Didnt do that before this happened.

On these dual race days, what day of the two is the best day to make, if you can only make one of them? Or doesnt it matter?

Chad

magna-007
04-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Also, will the minis be running at ALL the ATV MX races?
Or just the scheduled Michigan State ATV Championship Series?

4-25 Battle Creek
5-2 Portland Trail Riders
6-20 Portland Trail Riders
7-17 Polka Dots
8-8 Battle Creek
8-28 Bay Racing
8-29 Bay Racing
9-12 Portland Trail Riders

Even though they may not get points for some of the other D-14 mx races, can they still run or will they be running that is?

I also told Luke if you guys need a hand with anything, let me know.

Thinkin i might run more MX this year myself.

Thanks

quadscrib
04-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Mini's should be running at all MX races but attendance will make a big difference.
I do have a coil you can tray but I am (pretty darn) sure that coils usually work..or not at all. Im concerned you mabey fried something else. I also have a cdi for test purposes.
Give me a holla 819-5126

#404's Dad
04-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Trevor will not be there Racing, Broke his right arm Saturday during practice, landed a rather large jump a little too hard and that was all it took, didn't crash he actually kept going I had to flag him off the track to be sure everything was ok. Clean break just above his wrist.

We may come up there just to check the place out though.

Corey

kimv
04-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Oh no!!! I hope it heals fast!! Poor Trevor!!

We might just be there Sunday now, and they are calling for rain too.. ughhh!! We are having issues with our 70, so hopefully my husband can get that all figured out.

magna-007
04-20-2010, 06:12 AM
Sorry to hear about your sons arm there.
I hate to see these kids get hurt.

Think i got my sons machine goin. Unbelievable what you find when you really start lookin. Just happened to be lookin at wires coming out of the CDI. Noticed one of the connections didnt look right. Just touched it and it fell apart. Plugged back in TIGHT and runs like a champ again. Odd this happened along with plug wire deal too.

Wish we could make Battle Creek race. Have a Scout banquet saturday and sons first communion is sunday. Dang the other things that happen in life...:)

Will you be runnin 90s on small tracks or just big track?
What time does race get started saturday at Battlecreek?

Thanks

magna-007
04-20-2010, 06:12 AM
Sorry to hear about your sons arm there.
I hate to see these kids get hurt.

Think i got my sons machine goin. Unbelievable what you find when you really start lookin. Just happened to be lookin at wires coming out of the CDI. Noticed one of the connections didnt look right. Just touched it and it fell apart. Plugged back in TIGHT and runs like a champ again. Odd this happened along with plug wire deal too.

Wish we could make Battle Creek race. Have a Scout banquet saturday and sons first communion is sunday. Dang the other things that happen in life...:)

Will you be runnin 90s on small tracks or just big track?
What time does race get started saturday at Battlecreek?

Thanks

kimv
04-20-2010, 06:46 AM
90 stock will be running small tracks, 90 production, 90 mod will be on big tracks. Im not sure what time the race will start at BC, probably by 11 I would think. Sign up should be 7-9. You might want to check there website.

wileeviper
04-20-2010, 07:45 AM
I will be keeping an eye on the weather. The website for bc is www.battlecreekmotorcycleclub.com if you want to stay informed.

We plan to be there Saturday and Sunday, that is if the machines decide to BEHAVE.

magna-007
04-20-2010, 02:03 PM
90 stock will be running small tracks, 90 production, 90 mod will be on big tracks. Im not sure what time the race will start at BC, probably by 11 I would think. Sign up should be 7-9. You might want to check there website.

My sons is a pretty stock DRR, other than a pipe, shocks and tires. Well it does have a higher rpm clutch spring too. All the electrical is stock. Some add ons like bumpers and nerfs.
Would that still class as 90 stock?

Hes still fairly new to racin. We got a couple races in last year with the 70.

quadscrib
04-20-2010, 02:26 PM
i would personally be there as early as possible. Lotsa times races start as early as 8 am. Please DO NOT quote me though.
Cory I hope you guys come and at least watch and meet some folks....wanna keep ya motivated. Sorry to hear bout the arm BTW...ouch!

kimv
04-20-2010, 02:52 PM
magna-007- did we send you a d14 flyer? If not PM me your home address and I will get one to you.

Here is the rules for 90 stock-
90 Limited Stock (age 8-15) 51-90cc 2-stroke or 51-125cc 4-stroke stock quads. This class follows the ATVA rules for limited stock. Riders may be advanced to the 90 Production Class it is deemed that he/she is outclassing the field. This is a beginner class for riders with limited race experience and beginner riders.

DAVYS DAD
04-22-2010, 07:43 PM
As much as woodburyz love rain it sucks for racing:grr: Im thinking we will have to pass dont want to destroy the boyz quads in a mud pit.Good luck to all who make it this weekend.

AND A BIG SHOT OUT TO ALL MINI ATV RACERS HOPE THEY KICK BUTT!!!!

Later
D.W.

wileeviper
04-23-2010, 07:15 AM
WHATEVER! See you there, Traveling Woodburys :blah:

Sutfin
04-23-2010, 07:18 AM
You guys have to be there. what would a D-14 race be without the Woddbury crew. Besides, I want to meet the newest member of the family.

magna-007
04-23-2010, 07:51 AM
magna-007- did we send you a d14 flyer? If not PM me your home address and I will get one to you.

Here is the rules for 90 stock-
90 Limited Stock (age 8-15) 51-90cc 2-stroke or 51-125cc 4-stroke stock quads. This class follows the ATVA rules for limited stock. Riders may be advanced to the 90 Production Class it is deemed that he/she is outclassing the field. This is a beginner class for riders with limited race experience and beginner riders.

Was it kinda like a pictured post card deal? If so, i think we have it and is probably buried on the counter some where. I will look for it.

My son turned 8 in December. I might have kept him on a 70, but I think he was ready for a 90. He has maybe 5 races under his belt on his old 70. Scribner has seen him ride. Id still call him a "limited race experience" rider. Not sure hes ready for the big track yet.
As long as no one has any objections, id like to keep him on the small track this year?

Thanks

quadscrib
04-23-2010, 08:00 AM
I'm sure the won't be any objetcions, he just might be a litlle lonely on the little track. With that quad and Elka's I'm sure he would be all good on the big track...but there's all season to adjust. Just as long as you guys arw there is what matters most.

magna-007
04-23-2010, 08:05 AM
We will try a few on the little track. If hes feeling comfortable, we can give it a shot on the big track. I think he would enjoy it. I just want to make sure hes ready for it.
Dont want any broken bones like this old guy. :)

magna-007
04-23-2010, 08:10 AM
I also found the problem with the quad. It ended up being another loose wire from the CDI box. Awfully coincidental that the spark plug wire did what it did and this wire too. Runs good now.
Hes excited. We will definitely see you guys at Portland.
Im sure weve met most of you. I just need to put a face with the names.

One other question. Numbers? Not sure where my son came up with the number 52, but thats what he would like to be. Would there be any problem with that?

Think it has something to do with me changin my number this year to 25. So he had to be a little different. LOL

Sutfin
04-23-2010, 01:19 PM
Shouldn't be a big deal on the number. If we end up with two racers in the same class with the same number - one adds either an X or a slash to their number with black tape.

I think you are right on with starting on the small track. What worked for our son a couple years ago was to put him on the big track on a non-points day to give him the experience without having as many machines on the track. It also helped that he couldn't mess up anyone else's points if he made a mistake.

baysag51
04-23-2010, 06:07 PM
We are planning on coming...weather permitting that is. I am in the garage changing the steering stem, his new flex bars and some new decals. Then we should be all set. We plan on racing the 90cc production and/or the modified depending on the amount of riders in the modified class. Chances are the classes will get combined so will probably only do the production class. It is our first year in the district races but we are looking to have some fun. Dumped some cash lately so if its muddy we may pass though. We are racing #632 and hope to see everyone there.

__________________________________________________ ____

Thanks to all our sponsors as well as R&B Racing.

kimv
04-23-2010, 07:28 PM
The weather for Sunday is looking real crappy! Ughhhh! We might be waiting till Portland for the 1st race, bummmmer):

baysag51
04-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Just attempted to install new Gen 3 ATV 4 Play Steering Stem...found it to be 2 inches shorter than the other one so we can no longer steer...of course Friday night and we will find no one with a correct stem so we are out. Hopefully we will be at Portland now. Gotta love the mix ups on a Friday night. Good luck all and stay dry.

Parents of #632

quadscrib
04-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Sure does look a bit grim.... Im personally gonna be ready to go as ya just nevery know. Plus Ive never been there when it wasnt dusty as heck so wet just sounds good lol. Well see.
Regardless Portland Trail Riders will be rockin!

baysag51
04-23-2010, 08:36 PM
Yeah it does not look good weather wise. Maybe my steering issue is a sign he was not supposed to race. How bummed he will be to learn of this issue. Oh well we will just make up at Portland next weekend.

Parents of #632

kimv
04-24-2010, 10:26 AM
ok, so it sounds like maybe its suppose to rain tonight and in the morning, but getting a break during the day with just scattered showers. We have our stuff ready to go. We will keep a close eye on the weather, but if it doesnt look to bad, we will be leaving in the morning!

DAVYS DAD
04-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Woodburyz are going,sounds like we missed some good racing today.Truck loaded hope you guys make it.Load em up scrib lets do it:chinese: :devil:

LATER
DW

#404's Dad
04-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by baysag51
Just attempted to install new Gen 3 ATV 4 Play Steering Stem...found it to be 2 inches shorter than the other one so we can no longer steer...of course Friday night and we will find no one with a correct stem so we are out. Hopefully we will be at Portland now. Gotta love the mix ups on a Friday night. Good luck all and stay dry.

Parents of #632

Ordered the wrong length huh? Stock length Anti Vibe stems require ya to cut the plastics, some +1 stems do as well, you must have had a +2 before?

kimv
04-25-2010, 05:03 PM
Well BC was more of a mud race! Everyone raced only one moto, they cancelled the 2nd.
Wyatt was in first most of the 70 race then the last lap the chain broke!Ughhh! He ended up with a 3rd place finish.
Brody took 3rd in the 50 stock class.
All the kids did a great job fighting through the mud!

Sutfin
04-25-2010, 06:04 PM
We came, we raced, and we took a lot of BC home with us on the quad, our clothes, and in the trailer. It was fun, but here's to hoping for a dryer time at Portland.:p

wileeviper
04-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Ha ha... well put. I am still getting sand out of my eyes! Glad we all pushed through, and I have to admit... I had a pretty good time, at least until I had to take my goggles off. I particularly enjoyed watching my husband eat some dirt, as well:blah:

baysag51
04-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Well #8 that shows our low learning curve. Didn't pay attention when it was ordered and just asked for what we thought we needed. Fortunately we got a plus 1 but it was still short. Spoke with Tom at ATV 4 Play Saturday am and he told me to get shaving...with a steady hand it looks pretty good. We got it all installed in short time with his new flex bars as well and he is shaking with excitement for next weekend at Portland....weather looks much better. See everyone next weekend in Portland as we are looking forward to making new friends.

Doug and Robin - Parents of #632

kimv
04-25-2010, 07:37 PM
I need to get Wyatt some tear offs, just in case this happens again! He said he basically guessed where he was going towards the end! yikes!!! Oh and both our quads need new brakes, the BC sand ate them!!

#404's Dad
04-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Anyone have Pics or Video of this mud fest?

quadscrib
04-26-2010, 06:10 AM
Should have some here: http://speedpunksimages.com/ though later today. Matt @ Speedpunks gets er done!
It was alot of fun for a crap race day....alot of good spirits! I think we were all just happy to be racing.
CANT WAIT FOR PORTLAND!!!

kimv
04-26-2010, 06:10 AM
I took a few pics, but had the camera set up wrong for the 70 & 90 class, and it was pouring rain so couldnt keep it out. There is a pavillion by the mini track though, so I did get a few keepers from the 50 class. I will post them as soon as I get them done(: