PDA

View Full Version : Redbud this weekend?

kimv
04-09-2010, 07:44 AM
Anyone going to Redbud this weekend for their first race? We are still debating, but know of other minis that are going. The bad thing with GLMX is that they have to have 10 70's & 90's combined to run the big track.

djdfairchild
04-09-2010, 09:41 AM
we are planning on going and running 70 production and 90 production if they don't combine classes with one kid and 50 limited with the other. i am hoping to keep the 70 on the little track only because its his first race and has never been on the big track. a little intimidating for him.
do you know if the have 10 combined between them will they still keep them seperate classes or do they run them at the same time but seperate classes.

kimv
04-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Im thinking they will have them run at the same time, but not sure, unless they would have 10 of each? I have no idea! We went last year with our son on a 70(first year racing too) and they would not let them on the big track. He is still on a 70 this year and has never been on the big track at any race. The reason why we want to run the big track is for experience for the nationals. I can see why you would be nervous about the big track though(:
Our other son will be running 50 limited, but we wont be taking it to Redbud if we go. He is a turtle on that thing, so he needs practice before the first D14 race! HA!!
Will you be racing both Saturday and Sunday?

djdfairchild
04-09-2010, 10:55 AM
right now i plan on sat only but i am only 15 miles away so if nothing is going on on sun maybe we'll go back. i'm sure the kids will want to. and i'm going to try an run the glmx points so it will be nice to get some lose by.
it is my 5 yr olds first time on the track. we went to red bud last weekend but was way to muddy to ride. we have a track at the house so he's pretty comfortable with jumps and goin fast, but i'm sure against experienced riders he'll look like he's standing still

kimv
04-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Your lucky your only 15 miles away~! We are 2 hrs! Yeah this
rain we have been getting is ridiculous! Our boys have only ridden once! ughh! Will you be running D14 also?

djdfairchild
04-09-2010, 01:46 PM
i'm going to try to run a few d14 but they are just so far away, cadillac is 3 hrs. and close to 2 to grand grapids. we have a place up near newaygo so i want to go to big air.

kimv
04-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Its looking like we may be going, but will be leaving either late tonight or really early tomorrow morning.
We will only be running one series for D14, no Cadillac for us.
Did you plan on going to Big Air next weekend? We are not that far from there, good place!

djdfairchild
04-09-2010, 02:41 PM
i don't think were going to be racing for the next month we have baseball starting this week and i have 2 fishing trips planned for the end of the month. but if we aren't doing anything i just might head up there

kimv
04-14-2010, 08:09 PM
didfairchild-could you PM me your email address, I want to send you the link to the pics I took at Redbud, I have a few of Daniel(:

I hope he enjoyed his first race!! He looked like he was having fun!

Kim

RCR_531
04-15-2010, 06:58 PM
We might look into this race Weekend. We were in Florida last Week on a big track and would slow. When he got on the little track he came a live. He has only been on a track a couple time and the GOPRO shows what he sees and I would be a little slow too.

team37
04-15-2010, 09:05 PM
RCR - 531........You have alot of MX racing all around you there in henri . There are alot of tracks within a 1 or 2 hour ride for you. If he is just learning sunset ridge mx in walnut is 40 min. north of you and they have a small practice track for the little guys to ride on this would be a great small track to learn on. If he is not ready to race yet come on out and watch - next race april 25th at muddy waters motosports park in moline.

RCR_531
04-15-2010, 09:31 PM
I have talked with Sunset Mx about taking him there. It is hard because of his age they won't let him race there besides the National event. It looks like we will be at Byron a lot this year and may hit up Stateline for an event or two. I took him to Summit this winter for one event and for spring break I took him to Clearwater,Fl to play in the sand down there. I will being looking at the weather for this Weekend. Red Bud isn't that bad of a drive since he will miss the first Weekend at Bryron because I will be racing in Topeka Ks that Weekend. We will look into Muddy Waters my wife's parents are from the Quad cities.

Today we tried some Elkas up front and man he picked up the pace. Tomorrow we move the rear brake to his foot and I feel that he will go into the concers alot harder knowing that he can stop.

RCR_531
04-15-2010, 09:46 PM
My bad,I just remember that we were in Florida for this event and he is not ready to go to Bowling Green this Weekend. I was getting ready to load the camper :(