PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone provide Sleepy Hollow Racing info?

desmo888
04-09-2010, 05:41 AM
I have called and emailed the track a couple times and still no info. I am new to racing and my 9 year old son wants to try it with his DRX90.
I have no idea on the classes and requirements. Can anyone help?
We would just run at Sleepy for now. Or is there another track for mini's near south central PA?

TIA,
Dave

coffing918
04-09-2010, 06:26 AM
d6 motocross use this website

www.d6mx.com

90 cvt class (8-15)
there is a race at evansville this weekend.
www.evansvillemxpark.com

468 Evansville Rd
Berwick PA 18603

YOUTH CLASSES
50cc Stock Limited (4-6)
50cc Prod CVT (6-8)
70cc Prod CVT (6-11)
90cc Prod CVT (8-15)
Quad Jr. Mini - All 70cc (6-11)
Quad Sr. Mini - All 90cc 2 Str / 125 4 Str (8-15)
91-200 2 Str / 91-300 4 Str (13-15)
Girls (8-15)
HOPE THIS HELPS OUT

desmo888
04-09-2010, 06:38 AM
Perfect! that is the kind of info I was looking for. Thanks JJ's Mom!

coffing918
04-09-2010, 06:42 AM
ur very welcome , I just added the youth classes to my earlier post,

desmo888
04-09-2010, 10:04 AM
I am going to try and make it for practice on Saturday (Evansville) - let him get a feel for a real track!

coffing918
04-09-2010, 10:49 AM
the evansville track is a bit intimidating for a first timer, it has a lot of steep hills, theydo have a great supercross track up top is good for the 50cc riders and 1st timers and I beleive they have supercross race on friday night. on the top track,

desmo888
04-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Good info - thanks. We will try to start on the Supercross track then maybe hit the other one. He has been riding for 5 years and can tackle some pretty big coal hills. I am just not sure how he will do riding/racing next to others.
Thanks again for the valuable info for us newbies!

desmo888
04-12-2010, 06:34 AM
Well that was interesting...

First - thanks to John H. for introducing to a few folks and giving me and Jensen some pointers.

Jensen and I drove to a shop to buy the required nerf bars and have the mounts welded in place. Then we headed for Evansville for his first try at a real track. Things did not go well.

My fearless son got scared! It seems the drop offs on the back face of the jumps were too much. The first drop off snapped his head back pretty good so he was very cautious about the next one. He moved to the inside of the track to slow down and take a look when he got rear -ended by another quad. Apologies to that rider (unhurt but he did go on his side).

In hindsight I should have put him out dead last so the other quads would not have to deal with passing him and he could have looked over track easier. I also should have walked around the track with him so he knew a little what to expect. The "big downhill" John told us about was bigger than Jensen expected.

He wants to give it another try. Can anyone tell me if there is a less ominous track coming up on the D6 schedule? I think if he can do practice at a track or two he will be able to handle the tough tracks. Or are they all that "big"?

Dave Kase
Elizabethtown, PA

coffing918
04-12-2010, 06:53 AM
evansville is the only track in d6 like that , all the rest of them are great, use this link
http://d6mx.com/d6-districtclubs.htm
9 boxes should come up dont even bother to look at pagoda or happy ramblers as the d6 quads do not race there, if u click on each individual box there website comes up and try to find there track pics, you can also go on you tube.com and search the name of the MX park and there are usually videos of people racing on the tracks. trust me the rest of the tracks are not like evansville. If u need any other d6 info just pm me.next one is may 1-2 Dutchman Mx, Pine Grove, PA, we did this series last year. but are doing ATVA Nationals this year.

desmo888
04-12-2010, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by coffing918
evansville is the only track in d6 like that , all the rest of them are great, use this link

Thanks JJM. So it looks I started him out on the wrong track! Pine Grove is only an hour for me - we will likely be there for Saturday practice.

Good idea about youtube, I never thought of that. Good luck with Nationals!