View Full Version : Ballance Roll Call

mxpimp2000
04-08-2010, 11:52 PM
whos going and what class you ridin?

Me: Production B / 450B (if i can afford 2 classes lol)

this will be my first national and im hoping it turns out good or atleast better than im thinkin it will be :D

how is the production B class? qualifiers tough? full gate?

TNT
04-09-2010, 09:10 AM
We're running A...whats the place like never been, the track, dirt, atmospere?

mxpimp2000
04-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by TNT
We're running A...whats the place like never been, the track, dirt, atmospere?

they've changed the track this year its a ok track comprared to the old layout i liked it better. the dirt is usually perfect they keep it in good shape theres a LL dirtbike qualifier this weekend and ATVA next weekend so it should be in pretty nice shape, so far theres no rain in the 7 days but that can change considering ever year it rains on ballance nats:D

TNT
04-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
they've changed the track this year its a ok track comprared to the old layout i liked it better. the dirt is usually perfect they keep it in good shape theres a LL dirtbike qualifier this weekend and ATVA next weekend so it should be in pretty nice shape, so far theres no rain in the 7 days but that can change considering ever year it rains on ballance nats:D

I looked the site over, looks nice! So this is somewhat of a vacation for me what is interesting to see in Bowling or worth checking out in the area? If I’m lucky my son will let me ride his R6 I paid for is there some cool scenic roads/hills you can recommend a motorcycle ride if it don’t rain? Last how about some hill Billy cowboy place where I can get a beer and see crazy band? And toothless women….lol! Or just a place where the cooler older(30-50) crowd hangs out? Let me know bud, thanks!

YOURADHERE
04-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Ive only been to Bowling Green once but the Corvette museum is pretty cool to check out if you've got some time to kill.

mxpimp2000
04-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by TNT
I looked the site over, looks nice! So this is somewhat of a vacation for me what is interesting to see in Bowling or worth checking out in the area? If I’m lucky my son will let me ride his R6 I paid for is there some cool scenic roads/hills you can recommend a motorcycle ride if it don’t rain? Last how about some hill Billy cowboy place where I can get a beer and see crazy band? And toothless women….lol! Or just a place where the cooler older(30-50) crowd hangs out? Let me know bud, thanks!

pm'd ya

859davidt
04-09-2010, 07:33 PM
We'll be there. 30+A and Womens both run #99. Easy way to the track is off exit 26 where the corvette museum is. All the good restaraunts and good stuff is on down off exit 22. See you all there.

Dave Trimble & Holly Trimble
Trimble Motorsports #99

blholtz
04-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Anybody know why they changed the 30+b/c to just the 30+c class? There is now no where for a middle aged B rider to have any fun.

mxpimp2000
04-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by blholtz
Anybody know why they changed the 30+b/c to just the 30+c class? There is now no where for a middle aged B rider to have any fun.

they have vet 30+ c and vet 30+ my buddy is a A rider and he rides 30+ he said there is alot of A and B riders in there mainly

Derrick Adams
04-10-2010, 03:58 AM
I'll be there. 30+C class. Just look for the only 250R in the place still racing.

TNT
04-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by 859davidt
We'll be there. 30+A and Womens both run #99. Easy way to the track is off exit 26 where the corvette museum is. All the good restaraunts and good stuff is on down off exit 22. See you all there.

Dave Trimble & Holly Trimble
Trimble Motorsports #99

I got a 70 foot rig is that the best way in for me EX 22 if it rains and floods can I turn around? Any tight turns? steep hills that will bottom me out? :eek2:

mxpimp2000
04-10-2010, 11:30 AM
corvette museum would be the easy way to the track to avoid going thru town with a big rig. once u get to the track u can drive the car to town lol

TNT
04-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Ok but the website says the museum is off exit 28 not 26? See below.

Take I-65 North to BG Exit 28 "Corvette Museum exit". Take a right off the exit ramp on to 31W North" go approximately 9 miles and track entrance be on your left (right before Ballance MX Sign).

mxpimp2000
04-10-2010, 07:02 PM
i dont know the exit numbers which i should since im a local and i go to bowling green almost daily but i dont know wat exit number is what all i know is corvette exit is the one to take lol

859davidt
04-11-2010, 08:30 PM
You got it, should be 28. Can't miss it signs all over for corvette museum. Exit only goes 1 way unless you want to get back on I-65. Follow road 1/2 mile to 31 north. I think its 9 miles maybe, track is on left. Can't miss the sign. you should be fine with your rig.

TNT
04-13-2010, 10:44 AM
From what I can tell weather looks real nice for the weekend....

I'm thinking Wimmer again how about ya all?

hendershot106
04-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by TNT
From what I can tell weather looks real nice for the weekend....

I'm thinking Wimmer again how about ya all?

Wienen is very fast at ballances......I think he passed wimmer there last year.....

extremeblastr
04-13-2010, 04:06 PM
creamer;)

Derrick Adams
04-13-2010, 04:24 PM
From the 5 second lead I saw at Alabama, no one is catching Wimmer. They make it out like it was a close race for Creamer, but thats far from the truth. Wimmer could have pulled a half a lap on the field if he wanted to.

I think Wienen has what it takes to win a championship, too bad his bike doesnt. Same with Natalie.

BRP dumps so much money into their race program, which is great, but they still cant sell bikes because they just aren't (fast enough, dependable enough, strong enough, etc). Meanwhile KTM doesnt spend ANY money on a race program and there are tons of them at the track. I saw at least 20 KTMs running in the amature classes and maybe 2 Can Ams. Whats wrong with that picture?

TNT
04-13-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Derrick Adams
BRP dumps so much money into their race program, which is great, but they still cant sell bikes because they just aren't (fast enough, dependable enough, strong enough, etc). Meanwhile KTM doesnt spend ANY money on a race program and there are tons of them at the track. I saw at least 20 KTMs running in the amature classes and maybe 2 Can Ams. Whats wrong with that picture?

RD 1 results - I wouldn't say Can had a bad weekend below or that thier quads are not "fast enough, dependable enough, strong enough" Can't aruge with results. Where is KTM?..whats wrong with that picture? :)

1 1 SUZ Dustin Wimmer Center Valley, PA 1 1
2 44 CAN Chad M. Wienen Galena, IL 4 3
3 9 SUZ Josh Creamer North Stoningto, CT 6 2
4 13 CAN John Natalie Jr Houtzdale, PA 3 5
5 20 HON Josh G. Upperman Louisville, OH 2 6

On top of great contingency all competing ams got thier name on AMA's website.....Lets hope more support them they really are on top of thier quads now and committed to the sport unlike others.

mxpimp2000
04-13-2010, 08:32 PM
if anyone is coming to ballance that can bring me a timing chain guide for yfz450 id appreciate it. there isnt a shop or local racer that has one within 200 miles. ive called every shop around and even bill ballance dont have any

walker054
04-14-2010, 12:15 PM
call Hetrick Racing, they may have one for you.

mxpimp2000
04-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by walker054
call Hetrick Racing, they may have one for you.

they said they sold all their yfz stuff while back and havent ran a yfz or really anything for a yfz in 6-7 years