PDA

View Full Version : 250R HSD Strongarm stock width standard travel a-arms and works shocks

1989trx250r
04-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Hello everyone! Up for sale is my set of HSD Strongarm a-arms and a set of standard travel works shocks with remote rezzys.

First lets talk about the a-arms. They are standard travel and stock width. BRAND NEW powdercoat (silver), BRAND NEW ball joints (just paid $140 for these), and BRAND NEW bushings and crush collars. I had the bushings and crush collars made at a machine shop for a precision fit. These are by far the strongest a-arms that you can buy for a 250R. I was going to set mine up for trail riding, but decided to go MX instead, so I ended up getting a set of wider a-arms. These are in PERFECT condition.

Now as for the shocks... They are in bad shape overall. They came on the quad when I got it, but I never rode it with them because one has a leaking seal and broken little top spring (you can see it in the picture). It also looks like the previous owner tried to repaint the white springs. They are all there, but in need of a complete rebuild.

Okay now for the price... $300 plus shipping takes everything. I need to get rid of this stuff. I am also willing to trade if somebody has something 250R-ish that I need! CR250 ignition? LOL... I also wouldnt mind having an aftermarket radiator...

Thanks!
Jason

1989trx250r
04-08-2010, 08:11 PM
pic 2

1989trx250r
04-08-2010, 08:13 PM
pic3

1989trx250r
04-08-2010, 08:14 PM
pic4

1989trx250r
04-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Last one!

pdxbigfoot
04-08-2010, 08:29 PM
1st off sorry to hijack your for sale thread with a random question.
Im having a tough time finding the correct ball joints for a set of arms identical to these.
Where did you get them from??
Good luck on your sale.

1989trx250r
04-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by pdxbigfoot
1st off sorry to hijack your for sale thread with a random question.
Im having a tough time finding the correct ball joints for a set of arms identical to these.
Where did you get them from??
Good luck on your sale.

Haha no problem... I got them from the manufacturer of the a-arms. High Speed Dirt racing (HSD).

http://www.hsdracing.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=15

However I will tell you this... These guys are from Canada and it was absolutely the worst buying experience I have ever had buying anything EVER. These guys are total *********s and would not do anything to rectify their mistake. They charged me for a few strong-arm decals that were available on their site, but they said that they havent stocked them for years when I called. When I asked for my money back or credit, they said that since they shipped from Canada, it cost them more so they used MY extra money to ship the ball joints. Garbage, they should know how much to charge me to ship. I threatened them and they said "Good luck we are from Canada." I would almost give you my ball joints just so those guys dont make any money from you!!! LOL... But anyway, I heard that you can take the measurements and get them from an auto parts store. Measurements are on their site...

Thanks,
Jason