PDA

View Full Version : White Bros. R4 exhaust tip

11-26-2001, 10:19 PM
Still finding no solution to my exhaust problem and it being a bit to long (grab bar provides little protection for exhaust because it is to short) and with the lack of aftermarket grab bars that will fit the 400EX sub frame grab bar, I noticed that I could take the 3 allen screws out of the tip and take the tip off. The only reason I think WB makes the tip removable, is for the in\out spark arrestor option on this silencer. Well, if I take the tip off will I lose anything. I know some pipes have a number of baffle plates, does this tip act as a baffle plate in some sense? Does this tip keep exhaust packing in the pipe? IF I take the tip off I will lose about 3.5 over all inches in length and this will help me be less afraid of damaging my silencer when I do wheelies. Any help would be great. Thanks

11-27-2001, 10:27 AM
The endcap of the silencer does not hold the packing in the pipe.
I don't know if you will lose any power from removing the endcap but the pro circuit silencer(which is basically the same silencer) has different diameter endcaps available that are supposed to change your power. Take it off and ride it and see if their is difference