PDA

View Full Version : Need Jetting Help, Guru's help me!

frocashmoney24
04-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Allright guys, got a buddies 250r at my house. Did a top end rebuild and now its time to jet it and im having a hard time. List of mods is short but limited to

Fmf SST Pipe and silencer
K&N filter, with no airbox lid
Boysen Reeds in Stock cage
36mm Keihn Carb
Spacer Plate with short rod piston, long rod motor.

I'm trying to jet it, right now its at a 165 main, and 52 pilot and it seems to be way to rich still. before it was a 168 and 55 pilot and ran great, just rebuilt it with a topend with a lower bore. Really sluggish in 1-3, then starts to pickup 4-6. sluggish in 1-3 to the point that it only will go 1/4-1/2 throttle. No powerband.This makes me think the pilots too big, but from my jetting experience it seems like the main may still be to big as well. Weather here is about 70-75 and elevation is around 800-1000. Need some help with a start off point for jetting with this setup. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

86 Quad R
04-08-2010, 12:03 PM
first and formost make sure that the float is set correctly and that the needle is shutting the fuel off.

start with a 48 pilot and the needle in the center position and with the engine at operating temp, do a WOT plug chop and adjust the main accordingly. once the main is set, start on the needle and pilot to get fine tuned. hope this helps. :cool:

frocashmoney24
04-09-2010, 08:08 AM
yea, thanks. i know how to do jetting. just looking for a starting off point with the main...

speedfreek
04-09-2010, 08:48 PM
When I had my stock cylinder on, I remember going from a 175 thru to a 185 with mods being done all of the time. I stopped at 185 and my cylinder had been ported, rad valve, shaved head and 38mm carb. I think you are too lean.

What plug are u runnin? Do you have a fat spark?

LONG-ROD
04-10-2010, 12:10 AM
check your electrical.. pull the spark plug boot off the coil wire and make sure you can see good wire coming out of the rubber ..