PDA

View Full Version : houser or walsh?

bomberman
04-08-2010, 11:08 AM
If you had the choice, which would you buy? Houser a arms, or walsh?
:D

levonskinator
04-08-2010, 11:23 AM
not that houser is bad in any way, but Walsh are supposed to be the absolute best

aDviSol2y
04-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Lonestar :devil:

motofreak2772
04-08-2010, 12:20 PM
deffinatley walsh.

hontrx265r
04-08-2010, 10:39 PM
I'm not bad mouthing walsh in anyway... but there are alot of good arm companies out there walsh builds a nice product. But I don't care what your a arm popularity is 1500 plus for arms and tierods is f'n ridiculous. I have a friend who built his own arms, he is a metal fabricator and works for a big name truck team that races desert. They are built from specs of a big popular company with all the best components. I don't think they cost him 500.00...thats all I'm saying.

godzilla
04-09-2010, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by hontrx265r
I'm not bad mouthing walsh in anyway... but there are alot of good arm companies out there walsh builds a nice product. But I don't care what your a arm popularity is 1500 plus for arms and tierods is f'n ridiculous. I have a friend who built his own arms, he is a metal fabricator and works for a big name truck team that races desert. They are built from specs of a big popular company with all the best components. I don't think they cost him 500.00...thats all I'm saying.

Thats just material costs...and then you have to pay sales staff, engineers, machinery, marketing, testing...you fail to see the whole other side of the business.

hontrx265r
04-09-2010, 09:17 AM
I am the otherside of the business. I work in the industry. I'm not saying that arms should sell for 500.00. I'm saying there are alot of good manufactures that make a more reasonable priced quality arm. Come on your going to tell me that you really want to pay Full Retail for a set of arms at 1700.00. Think of the average guy who is unsponsered, Works hard for what he has, has no connections with anyone to get a deal. Thats the guy who won't be at the races this year because a set of long travel for the front of his quad, so he can be competitive. Will break his bank. Being in the industry I can tell you first hand that since the "fall of this economy" I have seen zero items go down in price, but many go up. Then I have multiple guys dropping out of their local series, including ITP because the can't afford it. (They even raised the prices to race) Then the promoters complain of bad turn out and don't want to host another even.. Its a vicious cycle. People are going to kill their own sport because of greed. (Don't even get me started on 400 dollar nerf bars)
P.S. Sorry for jacking this thread.

levonskinator
04-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by hontrx265r
I am the otherside of the business. I work in the industry. I'm not saying that arms should sell for 500.00. I'm saying there are alot of good manufactures that make a more reasonable priced quality arm. Come on your going to tell me that you really want to pay Full Retail for a set of arms at 1700.00. Think of the average guy who is unsponsered, Works hard for what he has, has no connections with anyone to get a deal. Thats the guy who won't be at the races this year because a set of long travel for the front of his quad, so he can be competitive. Will break his bank. Being in the industry I can tell you first hand that since the "fall of this economy" I have seen zero items go down in price, but many go up. Then I have multiple guys dropping out of their local series, including ITP because the can't afford it. (They even raised the prices to race) Then the promoters complain of bad turn out and don't want to host another even.. Its a vicious cycle. People are going to kill their own sport because of greed. (Don't even get me started on 400 dollar nerf bars)
P.S. Sorry for jacking this thread.

your absolutely right. the cost is going to be high because you have to pay employees, for r&d, taxes, and such, but $1700 is ridiculous for MAYBE $500 worth of material. Someones gotta pay for the free **** that the pro teams and sponsored riders get, and that's us. And you are so right about the nerf bars...

madskrillz2
04-09-2010, 09:45 PM
If you have the money go with Walsh. Only reason I have Walsh is because I found a killer deal on a set of used ones. Got shocks and arms for 1500. I suggest looking for a used set. There's always a good deal floatin around somewhere

lwrider20
04-13-2010, 04:20 PM
a good set of nerf bars actually cost more to build then a set of a-arms

protraxrptr17
04-13-2010, 04:36 PM
There is some truth to that. (about the nerf bars costing more)

I wouldn't build a set of a-arms for $1500. I have done it and it's pretty tough. However, I would build 1000 sets of a-arms for $1500 each. I have no idea how many Walsh sells in a year. I'm sure it can't be a really big number. That is what sets the price.