PDA

View Full Version : Boot Questions!

qballd50
04-08-2010, 06:46 AM
I Have Some Alpine star Tech 3, Don't Like Them And Wanting to get some new ones!

Wanting to sell these(TECH 3) and Buy some Fly Maverik shorty atv boots.

What do you guys think?

Fly Maverik "Shorty" ATV Boots

ryan243
04-08-2010, 06:50 AM
What's your question?

ryan243
04-08-2010, 06:52 AM
Oops sorry my phone didn't load the whole thing haha. I never really liked the shorty boot but I hear a lot of people love them

qballd50
04-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by ryan243
Oops sorry my phone didn't load the whole thing haha. I never really liked the shorty boot but I hear a lot of people love them

Thanks man!
I Might Have To Try them Out And See How they Do!!

ROLLIN
04-08-2010, 09:30 AM
i love shorty boots for atvs even mx, but you have to wear knee/shin gaurds so oncomings rocks don't nail you in the shin, trust me. stick with the full size boots for bikes, though.

aDviSol2y
04-08-2010, 09:34 AM
I wear shorties. i can't shift right with full boots. :ermm:

qballd50
04-08-2010, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by ROLLIN
i love shorty boots for atvs even mx, but you have to wear knee/shin gaurds so oncomings rocks don't nail you in the shin, trust me. stick with the full size boots for bikes, though.

Thanks For the Reply!!

qballd50
04-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by aDviSol2y
I wear shorties. i can't shift right with full boots. :ermm:

Thanks For the Reply!!
I Can't Feel the Shifter In My Boots!!
Going TO Buy Some Shorties Soon!

trx310R#24
04-09-2010, 03:38 AM
them are really cool i may try them out =p

i can shift with full mx boots i couldnt for a long time thougth i bet these are the same (hard to shift at first) just ride with boots all the time u will get used to shifting.

ryan243
04-09-2010, 05:55 AM
Have you guys tried adjusting your shifters up a little? Makes it way easier to shift

qballd50
04-09-2010, 06:32 AM
Have you guys tried adjusting your shifters up a little? Makes it way easier to shift

Yep Tried it and still Its Really hard to shift with my Tech 3 Boots, I'm Really thinking about getting the Shortys!

ZBlaster
04-09-2010, 10:34 AM
I wore shorties a few races last year, just really missed the protection of a full boot. Wearing Sidi Crossfire SRS's now, just as good movement as the shorties, just as comfortable, but the protection of a full boot.

qballd50
04-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by ZBlaster
I wore shorties a few races last year, just really missed the protection of a full boot. Wearing Sidi Crossfire SRS's now, just as good movement as the shorties, just as comfortable, but the protection of a full boot.

Thanks Man For Your Reply!

Do you Have a Picture of your boot your talking about?

I'm Just Looking For something To Wear that is comfortably and Cheap, Because I'm just racing for the fun of it! Just three or four races a year.

Let Me Know!

Aarons 01 400EX
05-16-2010, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by qballd50
Thanks Man For Your Reply!

Do you Have a Picture of your boot your talking about?

I'm Just Looking For something To Wear that is comfortably and Cheap, Because I'm just racing for the fun of it! Just three or four races a year.

Let Me Know!

The Sidi aren't cheap. They run about $500 a pair.

Scro
05-16-2010, 09:16 AM
Did you break the Tech3's in? I would never trade a full boot for a shorty boot. There's just not enough protection.

Any boot is going to be extremely stiff when first put them on. This is the way I break mine in. I fill the tub up with hot water, put the boots on, and stand in the tub. This will help conform the leather and inside padding to the shape of your foot. Then, you want to walk around in them for a good thirty minutes outside, concentrating on bending at the ankle. After that, sit them out in the sun to dry. They will be a completely different boot when you put them back on.

CEREBRAL
05-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Did you break the Tech3's in? I would never trade a full boot for a shorty boot. There's just not enough protection.

Any boot is going to be extremely stiff when first put them on. This is the way I break mine in. I fill the tub up with hot water, put the boots on, and stand in the tub. This will help conform the leather and inside padding to the shape of your foot. Then, you want to walk around in them for a good thirty minutes outside, concentrating on bending at the ankle. After that, sit them out in the sun to dry. They will be a completely different boot when you put them back on.

Agreed!

The first time I rode my dirt bike with MX boots I swore I would burn them!!!!!:mad: I absolutely hated them. I liked the feeling of protection, but didn't like the disconnected feeling they had with the bike. I stuck it out and wore them everytime I rode, it took no time to get used to it. I would not ride without them now!

Give them a chance, you're still going to have the same shifter feel with shortys. You're just going to have to get used to them, no matter what boot you buy, no matter if they're a million dollars or a hundred dollars.

05-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Sidi Crossfire's.

buck440
05-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Scro

man that was an awkward moment when my dad seen me in the tub lol i have tech 3's in 12 bought them month and a half ago. all i had to do was adjust the shifter and wala or be a man:chinese: if these are your first boots i see where your coming from, just break them in beside the fly boots are as ugly as me.

Canadian144
05-16-2010, 05:44 PM
How long have you been riding with the Tech 3's? When I got mine, I could barely shift, and I really really hated them. After a few hours of ride time, the material starts to break in, and now I love riding with them.

-TheDude-
05-16-2010, 06:40 PM
i have those fly shorty boots. i like them they just take a lil while to break in

muddy400EX
05-16-2010, 06:55 PM

this sounds dumb but how the hell do you raise it? i tried once and couldnt figure it out:ermm:

Trxracr
05-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
this sounds dumb but how the hell do you raise it? i tried once and couldnt figure it out:ermm:

just take the bolt ALL THE WAY OUT pull it off the shaft, lift it up n put it batck on theres a groove in the shift shaft so if the bolt comes loose your shifter wont fall of thats y u gotta take the bolt all the way out

tayyo789
05-16-2010, 11:51 PM
I have AXO Dart's, and I LOVE them. They felt amazing from the moment I first put them on, and they keep getting better every ride.
I have fat feet and ankles, and these are by far the most comfortable I have worn. Plus they were only 200 bucks, so I'm not complaining

slightlybent47
05-17-2010, 01:35 AM
A lot of people raise the shifter but doing that opens up the possibility of putting to much weight on the shift lever when landing a big jump and binding the shifter forks in the gear box. Get the boots wet and ride with them and they will loosen up.
When shifting with full boots you don’t move you ankle to shift, instead you lift your leg.
If your having a problem getting under the shifter then drop your nerf net a bit so you can get under it easer. There aquard at first but once you get used to them you wont ride without them.

qballd50
05-17-2010, 06:38 AM
Aarons 01 400EX, Scro, CEREBRAL, YFZ-DunerUtah, buck440, Canadian144, -TheDude-, muddy400EX, Trxracr, tayyo789, and slightlybent47, Thanks Guys For all of your Input on these Boots, and yes you have talked me in to saving some money by keeping my boots!!