PDA

View Full Version : my quad, next mod

beags86
04-07-2010, 05:48 PM
looking for my next mod for my 400, i just don't know what i want to do, so i thought i would ask everyone, what do you think, what would look good and/or help my bottom line performance the most, i was thinking about a cam, or maybe a bigger cooler w/ spal fan, but cometics is important as well.

beags86
04-07-2010, 05:59 PM
pic

shok47
04-07-2010, 06:01 PM
definitely suspension because those front shocks are like pogo sticks.

I found a sweet deal on 04 450r shocks with triple rate springs for $270. Take your time and you can find em!

Plus they make a world of difference. I read about how it was night and day but was like, "really?" Turns out they are right.

beags86
04-07-2010, 06:01 PM
pic of scoops, not in other pic

beags86
04-07-2010, 06:03 PM
i have 450r front shocks, but i am thinking about having them resprung

MidnightBlade
04-07-2010, 06:28 PM
ok then if you already have the suspesion then id go with performance. like a stage 1 cam to help the bottom and mid range some. just IMO

bkelley
04-07-2010, 06:42 PM
I'd go tires, suspension then performance. No point in spending money on performance parts if you can't get the power to the ground. By the looks of those pictures, you could definitely use some new rubber. Then go with upgrading the suspension (a-arms, re-valved shocks, steering stem, axle, whatever). In theory, it will give you more power since you'll be able to ride harder and faster than before. After all that, go a head and go for a bigger piston, cam, carb, whatever.

levonskinator
04-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by bkelley
I'd go tires, suspension then performance. No point in spending money on performance parts if you can't get the power to the ground. By the looks of those pictures, you could definitely use some new rubber. Then go with upgrading the suspension (a-arms, re-valved shocks, steering stem, axle, whatever). In theory, it will give you more power since you'll be able to ride harder and faster than before. After all that, go a head and go for a bigger piston, cam, carb, whatever.

yea i agree with bkelley, get some tires then suspension. The 400ex has a decent amount of power and chances are you are not going to ride to the motor's limits with the stock suspension. Even revalved front 450r shocks will make a huge improvement.