PDA

View Full Version : Pj-1 Frame Paint Info...

"BLAHH"300!!
01-28-2003, 10:59 AM
OK i got a lot goin on right now,new plastic, and painting the frame i can go ahead and get out of the way....

the PJ-1 frame paint you guys were talking about. how durable is it? i've used regular krylon spray paint on it once before, i painted it gray like the stock color. it held up for a while, but once it started chipping, it was all over...now it looks like pooh.

if you have used the PJ-1 product, fill me in on it...i'll be needing to do the entire frame, hubs, f-pegs,...the whole bike man...
how much does one can cost? where other than my honda dealer can i buy this product
(i hate my local honda dealer. their stupid man) they know lawn mowers...they don't have a mechanic, they have an "instaler" just a guy to put the bikes together in the back, he doesn't know anything about fixing them..some young kid. (be a tight job though)

powder coating--i have a freind that can do it for me, but i'll have to get my frame up to nashville tn. to do it...said i can get it done, $100.00 for the frame, and $150/200 for all the other parts along with it, in any color i want. how much does it usually cost to get a complete bike p/c'd

POR-15 (pur15) what ever it's called. how do i buy this product?
does it come in a spray can, or 5 gallon bucket, and then i buy my own sprayer?. how much does one can/bucket cost?

Pappy
01-28-2003, 11:02 AM
take it to your buddy and get it pc'd. :cool:

knighttime
01-28-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
take it to your buddy and get it pc'd. :cool:

yep

Hoodeye3
01-28-2003, 11:07 AM
Get it P.C.ed, PJ1 is no better than most cans of average spray paint. The only thing they have going for them is the factory color matching wich in my opinion isnt dead on.

sly400ex
01-28-2003, 11:55 AM
You can buy por15 at many body shops, don't know about a spray though.

CBW
01-28-2003, 12:20 PM
get it pc'ed ive heard it is good stuff

j37
01-28-2003, 02:15 PM
Id get everything pc'd. I painted my a arms with PJ1 paint and after a while the paint rubbed off from weeds and stuff rubbing on them and they started to look like they did before I painted them which was bare metal in the front and paint still on the back of them. I don't think it was worth the time it took for me to paint them. But thats just my opinion though. It looked good at first but after awhile they looked like they did before I painted them. From now on im getting my stuff pc'd.:D

muff
01-29-2003, 11:05 AM
if you have the money definetly get it powdercoated, if not just do the PJ-1, its not that bad