PDA

View Full Version : Free Online ATV Safety Course

Trxman300
04-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Hey guys, i got a question....

does anyone know of a website that does online atv safety courses for free? i dont need this course, beleive me. i just want something to throw at the cops if i ever get stoped any time soonn thanks guys!

levonskinator
04-07-2010, 11:35 AM
If you are getting stopped by the cops for riding, I highly doubt saying you took a safety course is gonna stop them from harassing you.

aDviSol2y
04-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Why are you getting stopped by cops in the first place? Are you riding where you shouldn't?

Trxman300
04-07-2010, 12:51 PM
no im not getting stopped by the police, and i am riding on private property owned by a friend WITH WRITTEN PERMISSION....

out by my camp their is state land that you can ride on and they were doing random stops and cheaking is you have foresty approved spark arrestors, registered, and all that crap. they sometimes ask if you have taken a saftey course. i just wanted to have the paper and prove that i did so that he understands that im a responsible rider. thats all..... because some douch bags like to do stupid **** like go drunk and thow trash around and ride like morons and get them selves hert.. thats all, its no big deal

ROBS08YFZ450
04-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Oregon state requires anyone that ride in Oregon to complete a free online course:

www.rideatvoregon.org

aDviSol2y
04-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by ROBS08YFZ450
Oregon state requires anyone that ride in Oregon to complete a free online course:

www.rideatvoregon.org

Ya, this is the first year I have to have my card. Took me almost 2 hours to get through the tests. I also had to do it with my wife and 3 year old son. Every year until I think 2014, another age group of riders has to be certified. If a parent gets stopped with their child, and they don't have their card, you could get a child endangerment ticket. :ermm:

Trxman300
04-07-2010, 07:31 PM
o alright, is that card good in any state or only oregon?

levonskinator
04-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Trxman300
no im not getting stopped by the police, and i am riding on private property owned by a friend WITH WRITTEN PERMISSION....

out by my camp their is state land that you can ride on and they were doing random stops and cheaking is you have foresty approved spark arrestors, registered, and all that crap. they sometimes ask if you have taken a saftey course. i just wanted to have the paper and prove that i did so that he understands that im a responsible rider. thats all..... because some douch bags like to do stupid **** like go drunk and thow trash around and ride like morons and get them selves hert.. thats all, its no big deal

yea i understand dude, I wasn't trying to insult you or anything... yea stupid people tend to ruin **** for everyone.

Trxman300
04-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by levonskinator
yea i understand dude, I wasn't trying to insult you or anything... yea stupid people tend to ruin **** for everyone. yea and i think i spoke too soon about never getting caught be the cops. yesterday my friend went out and got stuck on private property and i had to fly out their on my 300 and get him and on my way back the cops were right in the middle of the trail.... so i talked to them and i told them what happened.. (i was playing dumb)

he was like so why are you riding out here and i was like its the only place we can ride. and he was like no this is private property.. so i said ooh, i thought we were aloud out here aslong as we were registered (which i am) and he said no not here........ so the convo went on and he asked me how long i had the quad, if i have TAKEN A SAFTEY COURSE! and i said it was my 4th year with the quad and i was looking into the course right now acctually..... but overall he was a cool guy so i got out with no problems...... but he got my info

aDviSol2y
04-08-2010, 11:00 AM
o alright, is that card good in any state or only oregon?

Only in Oregon.

Trxman300
04-08-2010, 07:15 PM
o alright, well that doesnt do me anygood considering its on the complete other side od the u.s :(

matts27
04-12-2010, 03:24 PM
"Trxman300" where did you find that you gotta take a safety course in MA too ride. Me and my friends ride up in the state forests and are registered and such so I want to make sure we don't get kicked out or fined. I checked the MA DEP site but couldn't find anything. Just wondering if they changed the law and I'm not aware of it. Thanks, Matt

631kfx400
04-12-2010, 05:58 PM
the key is not to stop for the cops. then you don't have to worry about anything

tayyo789
04-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by 631kfx400
the key is not to stop for the cops. then you don't have to worry about anything

:rolleyes:

bustedknuckle
04-13-2010, 08:50 AM
call the atv saftey institute m-f 800-887-2887 they will hook you up with a instructor.

Trxman300
04-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by matts27
"Trxman300" where did you find that you gotta take a safety course in MA too ride. Me and my friends ride up in the state forests and are registered and such so I want to make sure we don't get kicked out or fined. I checked the MA DEP site but couldn't find anything. Just wondering if they changed the law and I'm not aware of it. Thanks, Matt

well you dont need the saftey course to ride in mass its my dad who really wants me to take it... how are the state forests? their is a georgetown-boxford one but it got shut down because the fourwheelers scared the stupid horses! what state forest do you ride in?

slightlybent47
04-14-2010, 11:37 AM
I have taken dozens of safety courses of all types, it can’t hurt to take one and you just might learn something. Then you will have the card you need and you will be covered.
You should have been able to take a free course when you bought the quad from the dealer. Call a dealer and see if they can hook you up with an instructor.
I don’t think an on line course would be very effective as there would be no hands on training.

matts27
04-14-2010, 05:54 PM
well you dont need the saftey course to ride in mass its my dad who really wants me to take it... how are the state forests? their is a georgetown-boxford one but it got shut down because the fourwheelers scared the stupid horses! what state forest do you ride in?

We go to Beartown mainly. Went to October Mountain once. We started out in the South entrance and it was pretty brutal. Beartown is pretty good. Mainly go because it's now worries, can ride all day and the rangers are pretty nice, just make sure you got skids. Some pretty rough areas but the trails are nice and wide.