PDA

View Full Version : letter to Toyota

witech
04-06-2010, 08:25 PM
My letter to tech service

Customer (john *****) 03/11/2010 09:07 AM
To avoid runaway cars from an accelerator sticking problem or whatever may be causing the issues with the toyotas running away at full power I have a simple solution which I would hope some of your engineers have should have figured out already.
A simple reprogram of the computer in the vehicle that if detecting a brake pedal application while the accelerator is anything above 10 percent will automatcally derate the powertrain to a very low power setting or none at all. Even if you have not figured out the issue this will put an end to the bad publicity and continuted bad media.
Im sure if taken seriously this solution could be programmed within a week and implemented as a service update to all vehicles in a month or two.
Please pass this on to your engineeers and get on with building great vehicles.

Thier response

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.

We are sorry for the long delay in responding to your email. We address them in the order they are received, and we are experiencing rather high volumes at this time. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Your feedback is appreciated. It is through communications such as yours that we become aware of the reactions and expectations of our customers. Due to the possibility of conflict between developments from within the Toyota organizations and ideas submitted by interested persons, it is our policy not to accept unsolicited suggestions for new products, inventions, patents, testimonials, proposals, marketing or advertising ideas.

Toyota’s engineers have developed and rigorously tested a solution that involves reinforcing the pedal assembly in a manner that eliminates the excess friction that has caused the pedals to stick in rare instances. In addition, Toyota has developed an effective solution for vehicles in production.

Toyota has pinpointed the issue that could, on rare occasions, cause accelerator pedals in recalled vehicles to stick in a partially open position. The issue involves a friction device in the pedal designed to provide the proper “feel” by adding resistance and making the pedal steady and stable. The device includes a shoe that rubs against an adjoining surface during normal pedal operation. Due to the materials used, wear and environmental conditions, these surfaces may, over time, begin to stick and release instead of operating smoothly. In some cases, friction could increase to a point that the pedal is slow to return to the idle position or, in rare cases, the pedal sticks, leaving the throttle partially open.

Toyota’s solution for current owners is both effective and simple. A precision-cut steel reinforcement bar will be installed into the assembly that will reduce the surface tension between the friction shoe and the adjoining surface. With this reinforcement in place, the excess friction that can cause the pedal to stick is eliminated. The company has confirmed the effectiveness of the newly reinforced pedals through rigorous testing on pedal assemblies that had previously shown a tendency to stick.

The safety of our owners and the public is our utmost concern and Toyota has and will continue to take appropriate measures to address any defect trends that are identified. We are confident the measures we have taken will resolve the concerns listed in the recall. Toyota is 100% confident that the remedies that have been developed will address the concerns described in the recalls.

For ongoing updates, please visit the Toyota USA Newsroom: http://www.toyota.com/recall/

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters and is available for management review.

Sincerely,

Michelle Christensen
Toyota Customer Experience

I guess this means my advise could be heeded to save lives if I charged Toyota for it and not given it away for free. LOL

coryatver
04-06-2010, 08:38 PM
The US goverment found documents proving toyota knew about the problems way before the recall. There in big trouble.

CJM
04-06-2010, 09:21 PM
I still keep telling people:

The cars dont run away on thier own! You can shut the car off or shift into neutral and bingo NO POWER to the wheels, the pedal doesnt even work!

Panic is what caused problems, and very few actually died, less than 5 people-but the media wants you to think 100s and 1000s did.

Maybe they knew about, maybe they didnt. But you cant fault them for trying to fix it, many worse problems were never even brought to the light of day with other makers. Did you ever heard about chryslers catching on fire, didnt think so..

Once the media latches onto something they need to blast it to death. Im sure we all remember slick willy and that monica. I honestly didnt give a flying canary's arse if did it or not, it wasnt out biz at all-but the media felt otherwise.

SRH
04-06-2010, 09:53 PM
i think they should put less into driver etiquette and traffic laws no one abides by on road tests , and training courses , and more into vehicle operation and mechanics and common sense to avoide a situation like this from being an issue...its ridiculous that people can be behind the wheel and not know how to shut it off or stop it

trx310R#24
04-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by CJM

The cars dont run away on thier own! You can shut the car off or shift into neutral and bingo NO POWER to the wheels, the pedal doesnt even work!

Panic is what caused problems, and very few actually died, less than 5 people-but the media wants you to think 100s and 1000s did.

Maybe they knew about, maybe they didnt. But you cant fault them for trying to fix it, many worse problems were never even brought to the light of day with other makers. Did you ever heard about chryslers catching on fire, didnt think so..

Once the media latches onto something they need to blast it to death. Im sure we all remember slick willy and that monica. I honestly didnt give a flying canary's arse if did it or not, it wasnt out biz at all-but the media felt otherwise.

you can NOT shut off the car... people have had the time to call 911 ask what to do and so on and have still died =p they will not shift into neutral when the gas is stuck and the brake dont work. =p

SRH
04-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by trx310R#24
you can NOT shut off the car... people have had the time to call 911 ask what to do and so on and have still died =p they will not shift into neutral when the gas is stuck and the brake dont work. =p

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lZ4PtafRB9c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lZ4PtafRB9c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

TGW_400ex
04-06-2010, 10:04 PM

Let me go videotape me putting my Tacoma in neutral.:rolleyes:

SRH
04-06-2010, 10:08 PM
heres part 2

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gqcCGv0aolM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gqcCGv0aolM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

trx310R#24
04-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
Let me go videotape me putting my Tacoma in neutral.:rolleyes:

your tacoma did not hit a tree did it? :rolleyes: its a computer problem...

TGW_400ex
04-06-2010, 10:22 PM
your tacoma did not hit a tree did it? :rolleyes: its a computer problem...

My Tacoma is on the gas pedal recall list and of course it hasn't hit a tree because I understand the concept of neutral. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

coryatver
04-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by CJM

shutting off the car is the worst thing you could do. Car has to be on for steering and brakes to work! You can pass judgement unless you have actually been in the same life threating situation you have no idea how you would react.

TGW_400ex
04-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
shutting off the car is the worst thing you could do. Car has to be on for steering and brakes to work moron!

Technically brakes still do work, but it would be a better idea to put it in neutral.

SRH
04-06-2010, 10:29 PM
did anyone who just posted about breaks or steering watch the videos i posted???:confused:

coryatver
04-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by SRH
did anyone who just posted about breaks or steering watch the videos i posted???:confused:

thats a prius they are not even in the recall:huh

The prius is designed to run off a battery and with the engine off so of course it would be fine if you shut it off. Normal cars the engine runs the power steering and brake booster. yes the brakes will work but not very good and you will want all the brakes you can get if you are speeding out of control

TGW_400ex
04-06-2010, 10:39 PM
thats a prius they are not in the recall:huh Try shutting it off while driving with a camery

You sir are a moron. The Prius is in the recall along with a few other Toyota models. Maybe you should research. You can shut off any car then kick the key back forward and you wheel won't be lock and you will have breaks.

coryatver
04-06-2010, 10:41 PM
You sir are a moron. The Prius is in the recall along with a few other Toyota models. Maybe you should research. You can shut off any car then kick the key back forward and you wheel won't be lock and you will have breaks.

who is the moron???
http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/customer-faqs-regarding-the-sticking-153495.aspx

STICKING ACCLERATOR PEDAL RECALL

Which models are involved in the sticking accelerator pedal recall/stop sale?
Toyota’s accelerator pedal recall and suspension of sales is confined to the following Toyota Division vehicles:

• Certain 2009-2010 RAV4*,
• Certain 2009-2010 Corolla*,
• 2009-2010 Matrix,
• 2005-2010 Avalon,
• Certain 2007-2010 Camry*,
• Certain 2010 Highlander*,
• 2007-2010 Tundra,
• 2008-2010 Sequoia

the prius is being voluntarily recalled for the abs system sensitivity but it has nothing to do with the sticking gas pedal recall

TGW_400ex
04-06-2010, 10:45 PM
who is the moron???
http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/customer-faqs-regarding-the-sticking-153495.aspx

STICKING ACCLERATOR PEDAL RECALL

Which models are involved in the sticking accelerator pedal recall/stop sale?
Toyota’s accelerator pedal recall and suspension of sales is confined to the following Toyota Division vehicles:

• Certain 2009-2010 RAV4*,
• Certain 2009-2010 Corolla*,
• 2009-2010 Matrix,
• 2005-2010 Avalon,
• Certain 2007-2010 Camry*,
• Certain 2010 Highlander*,
• 2007-2010 Tundra,
• 2008-2010 Sequoia

Sorry missing a few

MY 2005–2010 Toyota Avalon
MY 2007–2010 Toyota Camry
MY 2009–2010 Toyota Corolla
MY 2008–2010 Toyota Highlander
MY 2009–2010 Toyota Matrix
MY 2004–2009 Toyota Prius
MY 2005–2010 Toyota Tacoma
MY 2007–2010 Toyota Tundra
MY 2009–2010 Toyota Venza
MY 2007–2010 Lexus ES 350
MY 2006–2010 Lexus IS 250/350
MY 2009–2010 Pontiac Vibe

P.s. I actually talked to a Toyota dealer so don't try to tell me I'm wrong.

coryatver
04-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Sorry missing a few

MY 2005–2010 Toyota Avalon
MY 2007–2010 Toyota Camry
MY 2009–2010 Toyota Corolla
MY 2008–2010 Toyota Highlander
MY 2009–2010 Toyota Matrix
MY 2004–2009 Toyota Prius
MY 2005–2010 Toyota Tacoma
MY 2007–2010 Toyota Tundra
MY 2009–2010 Toyota Venza
MY 2007–2010 Lexus ES 350
MY 2006–2010 Lexus IS 250/350
MY 2009–2010 Pontiac Vibe

P.s. I actually talked to a Toyota dealer so don't try to tell me I'm wrong.

that list for the floor mat recall not the stuck accelerator recall!

TGW_400ex
04-06-2010, 10:53 PM
that list for the floor mat recall not the stuck accelerator recall!

So what the floor mats recalled because there the wrong color? Come on.

extremeblastr
04-06-2010, 10:55 PM
who gives a **** which ones they are recalling? if you can't find a way to stop the car you were never safe to begin with. gotta love people now a days, if the machinery doesn't do it itself then they are just plain lost.

SRH
04-06-2010, 10:55 PM
http://www.toyota.com/recall/

i figured the prius was involved since the news had runaway prius all over it..

CJM
04-06-2010, 11:03 PM

Have you actually tried it? The video is a perfect example. I tried it in a customers prius at the shop, dunno but the car wouldnt accelerate in neutral and it shut off when I pushed the button. You still have brakes and steering anyways when you shut it off-but not power brakes or steering-makes it hard to drive but it works.

Im a mechanic and honestly its PANIC that is causing people to die. The car itself NO MATTER what it does or how its setup does not have an electronic brake pedal. it isnt computer controlled, its controlled by hydraulic fluid in lines and pressure it builds up when you push the pedal which creates pressure in the lines.

No regular car in history will continue to go when you push brakes at speed or stopped unless there is a leak in the lines or the system has a problem like its not bled properly (not likely in either case). Your taking the giant thing thats connected to the wheel hub (also know for those of you who dont have a clue THE ROTOR) and applying fluid force to it using a set of pads, a caliper with either 1 very large piston the size of a half dollar or better, multiple pistons the size of half dollars or such and alot of pressure-thusly your causing friction which will make the rotor want to bind and STOP.

Go ahead, go outside and take your car (any car btw) from 0-60 then JAM on the brakes and watch as your vehicle skids to a stop. ABS or not-the car will stop.

Accelerators used to get stuck before, remedy-shut the car off or put it into neutral and hit the brakes! Car would stop, pedal could be rigged to get you somewhere safe or fixed on the side of the road in some cases. But wait, you didnt ever hear about it did you?

Do any of you who say Im wrong actually have a working knowledge of vehicles? Are you mechanics? Have you ever done anything besides change your oil? I have 20 years working on everything from a lawnmower to diesel trucks, boats, quads, you name it and the likes-I think I have a clue..

Edit: I just noticed im arguing with a bunch of kids..

TRXman86
04-07-2010, 12:36 AM
I don't give a crap whats being recalled. There all out of my price range anyway. BUT... them videos were FUNNY AS HELL!!!!

witech
04-07-2010, 04:38 AM
There again my little reprogram update eliminates all these arguments . You hit the brakes the car derates ,slows down and remains in control . Plenty of time afterwards to think about what to do next.

trick450r
04-07-2010, 09:04 AM
My gas pedal used to stick behind my nitrous switch all the time. Its called shutting the car off lol.

extremeblastr
04-07-2010, 11:25 AM
there is no need to derate the car under depression of the brake pedal while still under acceleration because the brakes are already capable of overriding the acceleration and stoping the car. people need to be taught how to drive with confidence rather then being tested on whether or not they know driving rules because knowing the rules does not make you a safe driver.

gcart2
04-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by CJM

Under WOT you cannot shift out of drive and into neutral. and about turning off the vehicle, that seems obvious but since no one has done it, id say under WOT it prob wont just die.

aDviSol2y
04-07-2010, 12:17 PM
regardless whether or not you would be able to stop the car. If I bought a new car, and the gas pedal stuck. I would expect the company to do something about it as soon as they knew it was a problem. If I found out they kept it a secret for months, and put me, my childern or any other person on the road in any kind of danger, I would sue the crap out of them and expect someone to do major jail time for neglagence. You can argue all you want about what you could do if it stuck, but the reality is, it should never have neen an issue. It is Toyotas fault they are in this situation. If they would have man'd up to it when it first came to their attention, there would not be this big of an issue.

extremeblastr
04-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
Under WOT you cannot shift out of drive and into neutral. and about turning off the vehicle, that seems obvious but since no one has done it, id say under WOT it prob wont just die.

it does not stick wide open thats what most people do not understand, the car is not under full acceleration in these incidents but the owners panic and can't stop them so they can get going to some fairly high speeds

extremeblastr
04-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by aDviSol2y
regardless whether or not you would be able to stop the car. If I bought a new car, and the gas pedal stuck. I would expect the company to do something about it as soon as they knew it was a problem. If I found out they kept it a secret for months, and put me, my childern or any other person on the road in any kind of danger, I would sue the crap out of them and expect someone to do major jail time for neglagence. You can argue all you want about what you could do if it stuck, but the reality is, it should never have neen an issue. It is Toyotas fault they are in this situation. If they would have man'd up to it when it first came to their attention, there would not be this big of an issue.

and again, what about the other manufacturers who still to this day have not been held responsible for major issues with their vehicles? be grateful they are agreeing to fix it and not telling you to shove it

aDviSol2y
04-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
and again, what about the other manufacturers who still to this day have not been held responsible for major issues with their vehicles? be grateful they are agreeing to fix it and not telling you to shove it

Like who? Like what? What are you refering to?

extremeblastr
04-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Like who? Like what? What are you refering to?

exactly my point, if you are not aware of those then why are you so incredibly aware of this one?

aDviSol2y
04-07-2010, 01:30 PM
exactly my point, if you are not aware of those then why are you so incredibly aware of this one?

More like you have no idea what you are talking about! If you are refering to Ford and its Firestone Tire issue, Ford did not hide its findings for months. They pulled hundreds of thousands of rigs off the road almost immediately. Thus not getting fined millions of dollars. With all the technology that is out there, something is going to malfunction sooner or later. It is how the company that sold that technology reacts to the malfunction, that defines them.

extremeblastr
04-07-2010, 01:32 PM
More like you have no idea what you are talking about! If you are refering to Ford and its Firestone Tire issue, Ford did not hide its findings for months. They pulled hundreds of thousands of rigs off the road almost immediately. Thus not getting fined millions of dollars. With all the technology that is out there, something is going to malfunction sooner or later. It is how the company that sold that technology reacts to the malfunction, that defines them.

there are multiple issues throughtout ford chevy and dodge's history that could be life threatening in the wrong situation that the general public is not aware of and why is it you believe they held back knowing about this issue? because the government says so? did it occur to you that during that time period if they did know about the issue that they were working on a fix for the problem?

aDviSol2y
04-07-2010, 01:46 PM
there are multiple issues throughtout ford chevy and dodge's history that could be life threatening in the wrong situation that the general public is not aware of and why is it you believe they held back knowing about this issue? because the government says so? did it occur to you that during that time period if they did know about the issue that they were working on a fix for the problem?

You still have not explained to me any situations about any other manufacturer who has had an issue as serious as this and that has acted so neglegently as this. Leading me to believe you have no clue what you are talking about. Just making stuff up without facts is a horrible argument.
And it does not matter if they knew about the problems and were working on it. They needed to let the public know about the problems, so they could be aware of the potential dangers. While they were "working on the problems," people were dying.

rundrave
04-07-2010, 02:07 PM
didnt GM just recall 1.5 million cars for problems with the electronic power steering? Finally! There have been 14 known accidents as a result of the failure. Never made more than a blip on the news?

aDviSol2y
04-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by rundrave
didnt GM just recall 1.5 million cars for problems with the electronic power steering? Finally! There have been 14 known accidents as a result of the failure. Never made more than a blip on the news?

Did they hide it for months? Did people die? Did a police officer and his family get killed?

aDviSol2y
04-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Apples to Oranges people.....

rundrave
04-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Did they hide it for months? Did people die? Did a police officer and his family get killed?
I am not down playing what happened to some of the victims in toyotas recall. I am simply stating that GM has problems as well and we have yet to hear anything about it in the media?

General Motors Co. plans to recall 1.3 million Chevrolet and Pontiac vehicles in North America to fix power-steering systems after U.S. regulators received more than 1,100 consumer complaints about failures.

GM will replace a motor in the power-steering systems of Chevrolet Cobalt small cars and three Pontiac models, the Detroit-based carmaker said in an e-mailed statement late yesterday. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration began an investigation following complaints, which included 14 crashes and one injury, GM said.
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-03-02/gm-to-recall-1-3-million-vehicles-on-power-steering-failures.html

how come the media isnt running with this story? better get all of those GM vehicles off the road right now! They all have recalls and its unfortanate people have died, but dont make Toyota out to be the only one with problems, they all do period.

extremeblastr
04-08-2010, 01:50 AM
Apples to Oranges people.....

no your missing the damn point, it is not toyota's ****ing job to tell you things like this they only do it because if they don't our greedy *** government will fine them ridiculously. you should be grateful they are fixing the problem. there are 100s of problems through 100s of model lines through all the manufacturers over the years that haven't even been addressed and again i will tell you if you do not know about them you do not know enough to comment on toyotas situation and i'm not going to tell you about them to save you the research. basically you need to get the **** over it and move on there is no need for this to be blown up the way it has been and if you believe it should be maybe you should be next in line for a government office i'm sure you could do just as horrible a job as anyone in our current administration.

aDviSol2y
04-08-2010, 11:51 AM
no your missing the damn point, it is not toyota's ****ing job to tell you things like this they only do it because if they don't our greedy *** government will fine them ridiculously. you should be grateful they are fixing the problem. there are 100s of problems through 100s of model lines through all the manufacturers over the years that haven't even been addressed and again i will tell you if you do not know about them you do not know enough to comment on toyotas situation and i'm not going to tell you about them to save you the research. basically you need to get the **** over it and move on there is no need for this to be blown up the way it has been and if you believe it should be maybe you should be next in line for a government office i'm sure you could do just as horrible a job as anyone in our current administration.

And I'm the one blowing it up? Calm down dude! Quit with the language and grow up.

xxx700xxx
04-08-2010, 12:00 PM
as far as the gm recall not being exposed dont u think maybe theve had their fair share of bad publicity in the last year? how about maybe the media is keepin it a little quieter to promote buying american? and yes i know the american motor companys outsource there work so does everyone else including toyota. i live in michigan and there are plants going back to work finally and im personally ok with it being kept quiet as long as they fix it.

extremeblastr
04-08-2010, 12:55 PM
And I'm the one blowing it up? Calm down dude! Quit with the language and grow up.

your a democrat aren't you?

aDviSol2y
04-08-2010, 01:10 PM

Yes sir! And proud of it! But what does that have to do with anything?

ben300
04-08-2010, 01:53 PM

what does this have to do with anything?

im a hardcore conservative and i honestly agree, that if this is a known problem, it is toyota's job to notify all consumers who have purchased said vehicles of the mistake...

and just so you know, and im not sticking up for american made vehicles, or any nationality of car manufacturer, but i see news all the time of the big three, along with honda, subaru, and the german cars notifying the public of recalls...so why did toyota hide it?

ben300
04-08-2010, 02:08 PM

so lets check out this fine example of logic....

ive seen several announcements in the news over the years of recalls on things like baby cribs because they have a malfunction that can cause death or serious injury..

so lets go by your logic..

so lets say that the manufacturer of this crib, knew of this a malfunction that may cause death or serious injury, but they decide not to recall this and not notify the public...

so lets say you buy one of these cribs for your child, and your child by happens to die from this malfunction.

so by your logic, that manufacturer has no fault in the childs death because its not their job to recall it and notify you of that recall, even though that faulty part can cause harm...

you probably use the same logic that its the pencils fault you got a bad grade on a test

witech
04-08-2010, 02:56 PM
there is no need to derate the car under depression of the brake pedal while still under acceleration because the brakes are already capable of overriding the acceleration and stoping the car. people need to be taught how to drive with confidence rather then being tested on whether or not they know driving rules because knowing the rules does not make you a safe driver.

I will have to disagree. Cars and pretty much everything produced these days need to be built to the least common denominator (poorly skilled drivers) or this stuff will keep on happening and the law suits will keep rolling in.
My idea takes advantage of that first reaction everybody will have when the realize they are not in control. Grab the wheel with both hands and stomp on the brakes. Many times life or death can mean what happens in the first few seconds. If the throttle is stuck at say 50 percent and your on the hyway Ill bet many of these people just rode the brakes until the brakes faded until they were all but useless. Then when they needed to stop they had nothing. If it happened at full throttle I think most would go full brakes ,come to a stop and them figure out that they could just shut the car off , go to neutral or do what it takes to resolve the problem.
I will agree that there are way to many drivers that could use a refresher course on basic driving skills and what to do in an emergency.

aDviSol2y
04-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by ben300
so lets check out this fine example of logic....

ive seen several announcements in the news over the years of recalls on things like baby cribs because they have a malfunction that can cause death or serious injury..

so lets go by your logic..

so lets say that the manufacturer of this crib, knew of this a malfunction that may cause death or serious injury, but they decide not to recall this and not notify the public...

so lets say you buy one of these cribs for your child, and your child by happens to die from this malfunction.

so by your logic, that manufacturer has no fault in the childs death because its not their job to recall it and notify you of that recall, even though that faulty part can cause harm...

you probably use the same logic that its the pencils fault you got a bad grade on a test

Can I get a "LIKE" button?

extremeblastr
04-08-2010, 03:39 PM
there are a lot of very blind people in this thread, you think that the big 3 tell you about issues right away rather then hide it until they have to? your doing nothing but showing the bias the media is helping you builds towards whatever their target is this week.

aDviSol2y
04-08-2010, 03:55 PM
there are a lot of very blind people in this thread, you think that the big 3 tell you about issues right away rather then hide it until they have to? your doing nothing but showing the bias the media is helping you builds towards whatever their target is this week.

We do agree on one thing. The media does blow stuff way out of perportion(I know I can't spell) and they do pick and choose their battles. But my point is not that. When all this stuff first came out about Toyota's recalls, I really could care less. I like Toyotas, always have. I think they have very high quality cars and trucks. My issue is when I found out that they knowingly hid the fact that they knew about the problem for months. Hiding it is against the law and against my morals. This is why they should be fined and in my eyes even worse. And if I found out that GM, Ford or whoever did something similar, I would feel the same about them.

hotrodhonda400
04-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Toyota sucks and they always have... that is the most over rated car company ever.. Recall or not they are a very crooked car company :mad:

witech
04-08-2010, 04:56 PM
http://www.driversense.com/driversense/column/551

tbrackman84
04-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by hotrodhonda400
Toyota sucks and they always have... that is the most over rated car company ever.. Recall or not they are a very crooked car company :mad:

wow buddy you are some kind of retard. Toyota is MAINLY known for its reliability, my dad had a 98 tacoma with 280,000 miles on it. It moved wood constantly and pulled a trailer with a quad in the back and two on the trailer. It was a 2.7L 4 cyl. But yeah, toyota sucks lol, im sure you drive a Government Motors chevy or some **** like that. If you don't drive a ford, then i'm gonna assume you're gay. Toyota did their recall on the trucks, like my dad's for the frame rot, and gave 115% of KBB value. Toyota doesnt play around, and no matter how much you complain and act like a tool, they will stay the top car company.

tbrackman84
04-08-2010, 10:50 PM

Dude, you are seriously the man, LMAO, its so easy to tell some weak democrat on here, because they are always B!TCH!NG !!!

aDviSol2y
04-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by tbrackman84
Dude, you are seriously the man, LMAO, its so easy to tell some weak democrat on here, because they are always B!TCH!NG !!!

Family’s Tragedy Leads to Toyota Recalls and Lawsuits
Article provided by The McAleer Law Firm, P.C.
Visit us at www.mcaleerlaw.com
The numbers are adding up. And they do not appear to favor Toyota. The automaker has recalled over eight million vehicles — more than six million in the U.S. — because of problems with acceleration and braking.

Federal regulators say 52 deaths are linked to Toyota crashes allegedly caused by problems with sudden acceleration. And problems continue to roll in: more than 60 reports of acceleration problems in vehicles that have undergone dealer repairs under the recalls by the Japanese auto giant.

Perhaps most troubling for Toyota may be the recent lawsuit brought by the families of California Highway Patrol officer Mark Saylor, his wife and his brother-in-law, all of whom were killed last summer in a runaway Lexus. The officer was driving the car, which was a loaner from a dealership, when it accelerated up to 120 mph on a Southern California freeway, slamming into another vehicle before flipping and bursting into flames.

Family Files Suit

Family members allege product liability against Toyota, maker of the Lexus, and negligence against the dealership.

The lawsuit presents some particularly difficult problems for Toyota: the suburban San Diego dealership lent the Lexus to Saylor and the driver who had previously borrowed the car had complained that the accelerator had become stuck. Also, the Lexus had thick floor mats designed for a different type of vehicle.

Perhaps worst of all is the disturbing recording of the 911 call from Saylor’s vehicle in which his brother-in-law tells the dispatcher, “we’re in trouble; there’s no brakes.” Cries from the distraught passengers can be heard — “pray” and “hold on” — before the call cuts out as the vehicle crashes.

You call me weak because I believe Toyota is responsible for this? What does that say about you?

quadrcr161
04-09-2010, 01:59 PM
its sucks for the loss of life, but your telling me a police officer cant figure out anything to do that would have stopped the car? all he could do was ride the brakes till he boiled them over?

noone is saying there isnt a problem, and toyota is fixing it but IMO if you cant control a vehicle or dont know what to do in a situation that requires you to react then you dont need to be driving.

aDviSol2y
04-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
its sucks for the loss of life, but your telling me a police officer cant figure out anything to do that would have stopped the car? all he could do was ride the brakes till he boiled them over?

noone is saying there isnt a problem, and toyota is fixing it but IMO if you cant control a vehicle or dont know what to do in a situation that requires you to react then you dont need to be driving.

In the article it says the brakes arn't working. But I do agree with you. There are things that could probably have been done to get the car to stop. And yes a police officer should be trained to stay calm in this kind of situation. But the reality is, most people are not going to be prepared for the throttle to be stuck wide open. If you think about it, most drivers are morons. Most of us on this site, most likely can drive a car fairly well. Considering we ride bikes that take much more skill and are much more dangerous than the average car.

<DRS>GPF
04-09-2010, 04:16 PM
In the article it says the brakes arn't working. But I do agree with you. There are things that could probably have been done to get the car to stop.

perhaps..

lets say the very PC youre on right now locks up during a program. the escape doesnt work, ctrl-alt-del wont work..
well its easy enough to just push the power button again and hope, but what if its the actual bios chip which is causing the error? now even holding the power button doesnt work.. last resort pull the power cord out... problem solved... for now.

so.. what if the controller of an almost entirely electronic controlled car fails.. this controller that handles acceleration, possibly reactive braking, and likely the power switch has now locked up..

what can a person do? disconnect power to the engine? not..

IMO, theres more to this than anyone on this board will ever know.. and suprisingly, its not a secret conspiracy by the liberal machine.. (though youll never convince any limbaugh/beck/hannity cultists otherwise.)

one would think there is redundancy built into the safety systems of these vehicles, but who's really watching?

hotrodhonda400
04-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by tbrackman84
wow buddy you are some kind of retard. Toyota is MAINLY known for its reliability, my dad had a 98 tacoma with 280,000 miles on it. It moved wood constantly and pulled a trailer with a quad in the back and two on the trailer. It was a 2.7L 4 cyl. But yeah, toyota sucks lol, im sure you drive a Government Motors chevy or some **** like that. If you don't drive a ford, then i'm gonna assume you're gay. Toyota did their recall on the trucks, like my dad's for the frame rot, and gave 115% of KBB value. Toyota doesnt play around, and no matter how much you complain and act like a tool, they will stay the top car company.

wow struck a nerve huh b!tch, :D Gay , NO Retarded NO and drive a GM **** no ! Yes I drive a Ford in fact two of them so go let your daddy drive you around in his TOYota that has a bazillion miles on it and hope it doesn't come apart on you. I know Toyota is known for supposed quality but it mostly perception and excellent marketing they have troubles just like any car company, open your eyes.. they are killing people man ! as far as the top car company look again they have moved to 6th in quality and second in sales to Ford and GM is also moving in on them..... I can argue all day long but when talking to an Idiot as you clearly are I will get nowhere. opinions are just that opinions we all have them yours and mine are clearly different :rolleyes: