PDA

View Full Version : exhaust: curtis sparks or ct racing ?

niko400ex
04-06-2010, 06:52 PM
who is the best ?

curtis sparks o ct racing

thanks

Thumpin
04-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Both the exhaust systems make the biggest power gain in my opinion! And are one of the few that uses the reversed magaphone pipe into the muffler, and to me I seems to hit harder in the midrange and keeps hanging on longer thru the topend.

And for engines with higher compression, cams, bigger bores, and other engine mods, they will really shine with these two exhaust systems. With a stock engine or just bolt ons I feel these higher flowing full exhaust systems wouldnt gain much, if anything may hurt the powerband, making the 400 lazy. Instead I'd just use a good slip on pipe.

These systems also use a larger than stock header pipes and thus will move the powerband higher into the rpm range, taking away from the lowend pull to gain more topend. Like I said, stock engines would become lazy.

And after building my 416 I wanted a full system, to replace my slipon, that gained me the most midrange and topend power I could get without being way to loud. The Sparks in my opinion was going to be to loud for me, and didnt come with a spark arrestor.

The CT full exhaust I got, came with jets, a Ti needle (which by the way rocks), and a Super Trapp type end cap that is a spark arrestor and is tuneable for sound. My CT system is still running all 12 disks in it and isnt nothing too loud at all, its just right! To me it was the best bang for my buck! And my 416ex runs awesome with it!

Hope this helps with your choice.

NacsMXer
04-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Thumpin
Both the exhaust systems make the biggest power gain in my opinion! And are one of the few that uses the reversed cone pipe into the muffler, and to me I seems to hit harder in the midrange and keep hanging on longer thru the topend.

And for engines with higher compression, cams, bigger bores, and other engine mods, will really shine with these two exhaust systems. With a stock engine or just bolt ons I feel these high flowing full exhaust systems wouldnt gain much, if anything may hurt the powerband, making the 400 lazy. Instead I'd just use a good slip on pipe.

I agree with everything you said 100%. I am a fan of the reverse megaphone pipe design as well. My CT Hi Output system performs awesome, and looks great too. I have had the CT Midrange system as well, both are sweet. IMO you can't go wrong with Sparks or CT. But the CT is a little more versatile because you can run the open race end cap or bolt on the Supertrapp disc end cap. The discs are nice because you can variably tune how quiet the system is and it is a USFS approved spark arrestor too.

Here's a pic of my CT system with open end cap

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/2015/dsc0365o.jpg (http://img90.imageshack.us/i/dsc0365o.jpg/)

Thumpin
04-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Thats a Sweet quad Nacs!

odog
04-06-2010, 11:41 PM
both make good hp the curtis does make a little more. and from my understanding if your looking for more low to mid power go with ct. if your looking for top end go with curtis i love my sparks pipe. its a close call but both are good choices.