PDA

View Full Version : Bent my shock at Glamis

Toadz400
04-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Had the best weekend of my life at Glamis this weekend. Rode some sweet machines including a turbo Rzr and sick sand rails. It was pretty quiet for Easter weekend which made it all that much better having more of the dunes to yourself. I did manage to bend one shock and blow the other however. I guess that's what happens when the bushings are seized from sitting for two years and you jump a little too far. Even with the quad being down for awhile it was still the best weekend ever.

http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af254/ntody/2010-04-03150311.jpg?t=1270590464

aDviSol2y
04-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Damn dude! Hit a little hard did we?

04-06-2010, 04:23 PM
:eek2:

nastyrider17
04-06-2010, 05:41 PM
OH MY...

Is that all that broke?

dns1764
04-06-2010, 05:42 PM
chit! break your a** too?

J.Brown121
04-06-2010, 06:14 PM
How far were you trying to go:eek2:

And this just gives you a reason to upgrade;)

631kfx400
04-06-2010, 06:32 PM
:huh

3400ben
04-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Looks like a banana with that yellow spring.

ZBlaster
04-06-2010, 11:17 PM
I'm curious why in your sig it says you wouldn't recommend the DeRisi revalve job to anyone? Also why it's single rate, usually his MX setups are triple rate revalves. None the less, nice carnage.

tri5ron
04-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Uhmmmm,...
I'm guessin' your preload was too soft, and your compression adjustment was a little too stiff ?!?!?!
LOL!
OUCH! hope you came off of it OK,
no broken thumbs ???

Toadz400
04-07-2010, 01:07 AM
Amazingly I came away from that jump unharmed. My hands were a little sore but other than that I'm just fine! Blew the other shock in the process. I'm not sure how far I jumped as it didn't seem far at the time. Probably no more than 50 feet and probably 10-15 feet high? I'd hate to think what would have happened if the shock broke.

I don't recommend DeRisi because I had several issues with him that he was unable to correct. I basically felt like I wasted a lot of time and money with him. I went the cheap route and just got his Pro Millenium revalve and didn't bother with the respring because I hadn't gotten extended arms yet.

trx310R#24
04-07-2010, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Amazingly I came away from that jump unharmed. My hands were a little sore but other than that I'm just fine! Blew the other shock in the process. I'm not sure how far I jumped as it didn't seem far at the time. Probably no more than 50 feet and probably 10-15 feet high? I'd hate to think what would have happened if the shock broke.

I don't recommend DeRisi because I had several issues with him that he was unable to correct. I basically felt like I wasted a lot of time and money with him. I went the cheap route and just got his Pro Millenium revalve and didn't bother with the respring because I hadn't gotten extended arms yet.

only 50 feet? that guy messed your shocks up big time then... iv jumped more then 50feet with stock 250r shocks lol never had a prob.. =p

Sjorge450R
04-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Derisi is a great guy. EVERYONE makes mistakes every once in a while. I personally would go to GT because I have heard too many horror stories about times when he had peoples shocks for like a month plus. 2 weeks from the day i shipped my shocks to derisi to the time that he shipped them back. Great shocks. I had him do the whole shebang on my 450r stock shocks.

ZBlaster
04-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge450R
Derisi is a great guy. EVERYONE makes mistakes every once in a while. I personally would go to GT because I have heard too many horror stories about times when he had peoples shocks for like a month plus. 2 weeks from the day i shipped my shocks to derisi to the time that he shipped them back. Great shocks. I had him do the whole shebang on my 450r stock shocks.

My turnaround through Santo has always been less than a week. When GTT did my LT-R they kept them for almost 2 months the first time, then again for nearly a month because they weren't right.

Santo does great work, it may take him slightly longer because he works mainly by himself. He does this so he can assure that quality is absolutely top notch. He can be hard to get ahold of at times but he's extremely busy, between racing, owning his own company, his family, and working for other companies he's usually all over the place. Best bet is to leave a voicemail and you will hear from him in a few days.

gcart2
04-07-2010, 12:09 PM
I have seen the same thing with a PEP LT shock. This was in mx. it was my mechanic. actually when it happend he couldnt pin point what it was while riding. he pulled over and was checking his rear end. somebody had to point out that his front shock was done. and it did look exactly the same, if not worse. **** happens.

Toadz400
04-08-2010, 05:21 PM
I don't want to turn this into anything about DeRisi. The shock bending was not his fault. Like I said, I'm pretty sure it was because the bushings on the shock mounts were seized which didn't let the shock pivot. My experience with DeRisi was awful and I can tell you there was no quality or quickness involved. I even sent them back to him and the problem was still not fixed. That was my own experience though and I haven't heard of anyone else having the same issues.

250x_kyle
04-08-2010, 07:37 PM
gtilley had that happen with one of his axis shocks

Toadz400
04-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
gtilley had that happen with one of his axis shocks

Did he know what caused it?