PDA

View Full Version : 426 stroker?

bobizzle
04-06-2010, 09:42 AM
i recently bought me a 400ex, with a cracked sleeve, and scared piston. it was a 440 with a tapered sleve. i was looking into getting the 426 kit with the +4mm crank. i dont know what cc this will bring me to, but i think it will be back to 440.

is there anyone running this setup, or has ran it in the past? i would like to know a lil more about it before i run it.

also, do you need to cut cases with the striker crank? i have a person who knows how to build and rebuild engines. he does all his bikes, but i dont think he has taken on to many 400's.

please help me and give me as much info as you can.

it is the 11 to 1 comp piston, +4mm crank, new cylinder, stage 3 cam, and i cank think of anything else.

is there a place to get this kit for a good price also, i kinda dont know about buyin from ebay. would like to get all the parts and everything at one place.

thanks

PaRedneckRiders
04-06-2010, 10:17 AM
couldnt u just resleeve the 440 and run a stroker in it?
I know that that the 440 with a 4mm stroker is a 460
i though that a 416 with the 4mm stroker was around a 440
if that is right then a stroked 426 would b around 450cc or so

honda400ex2003
04-06-2010, 10:26 AM
look up wheelie I believe he is running a 426 stroker. he would def be able to help you out. steve

bobizzle
04-06-2010, 09:03 PM
thanks, i will try and talk to him, took a real good look at it, and gunna need more stuff than i thought, and i needa sell my 300ex, to help cost. ahhh, w/o a bike again...

Wheelie
04-06-2010, 10:33 PM
I'm running a 440 stroker: 416 or 87mm piston with a +4 crank.

Very reliable and strong setup, got my crank work done at Powroll (www.powroll.com).

FWIW: I built the engine in my EX in April of 06', no issues to date. Even more impressive considering all the tuning changes/experiments I've conducted over the years--the engine has been run out of tune/with too much timing several times.

No extra machine work needed to install a +4mm crank, it clears the cases and counter balancer without any problems.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

Jeremiah

bobizzle
04-06-2010, 11:35 PM
im really thinking about the 426 stroked, but i talked to a friend, and i am liiking into about 1500 in parts, and he said he would rebuild it for 500. thats 2 grand out the hole right there.

also, i am thinking about making a hybrid with a yz426 motor if i can come across one for a good price.

i would like to have a good reliable honda, but i just am in a lil bit of a money crunch till i sel my 300ex.

i just wonder how the yzmotor is on the 400 frame, and how the power is compared to the 440 or 460 kit.

i guess i dont know exactly where i wanna go.

bobizzle
04-06-2010, 11:42 PM
a list of the parts i need is:
cylinder
head
hard faced rockers
valve springs and titanium retainers
stroker kit - piston, sleeve, crank, bearings
gasket kit
and maybe a couple other things i might need

i have:
stage 3 cam
new dirt gigger clutches
eddlebroc carb
and some extra parts tht wont help.

the person i bought the bike from port and polished everything themselves. lemme say that i didnt know you could port a valve seat like they did :(

imma try and get my friends cam and take pics of what i got and let you see what im working with.

hope you like heli coils because there is multiple ones in the holes....

got the bike for a steal, and if i have to i will part out the stuff i dont need to make some money off of it to rebild it to something that works....