PDA

View Full Version : West Virginia coal mining accident

Quad18star
04-06-2010, 09:06 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families of the West Virginia coal mining accident that happened yesturday. I read one story about a father who was comming out of the mine at shift change and passed his son, brother and nephew who were all entering for their shift ..... the 3 didn't make it after the explosion.

Comming from a mining town, we know all too well the dangers of working in the mines and the risks that go along with it. Your brothers and sisters all around the world are thinking of you guys. RIP

ATV Chic
04-06-2010, 09:43 AM
RIP to those lost. It's such a dangerous life being a miner. I lost my uncle years ago in an explosion when we lived in Virginia, and my dad is disabled from working in the mines. Prayers go out to those families.

/infamous/
04-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Yes it is terrible, the story of the father passing his son,cousin,and nephew on the way out of the mine...well they were very very close friends of my family and i. My mom used to babysit two of the boys when they were younger. My dad is an underground miner also and it scares me everyday he leaves for work. Just pray for the families, thats all we can do.

Quad18star
04-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by /infamous/
Yes it is terrible, the story of the father passing his son,cousin,and nephew on the way out of the mine...well they were very very close friends of my family and i. My mom used to babysit two of the boys when they were younger. My dad is an underground miner also and it scares me everyday he leaves for work. Just pray for the families, thats all we can do.

Sorry to hear that.:(

I come from a family of miners ... generations worth. We all know the dangers that are faced everytime we step foot into the mine .. but it's a job we've all loved. No better brotherhood than the guys you work with underground.

tri5ron
04-06-2010, 10:40 PM
may their souls find peace.

/infamous/
04-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Sorry to hear that.:(

I come from a family of miners ... generations worth. We all know the dangers that are faced everytime we step foot into the mine .. but it's a job we've all loved. No better brotherhood than the guys you work with underground.

Yes that is right, my dad is an underground miner and it worries me everyday he's gone. You would have thought this would have scared him but he just says "You can get killed just as easy driving down the road". Which is true but i still worry about him.