PDA

View Full Version : has anyone ever bent a spindle?

honda450rpower
04-05-2010, 11:57 PM
i had a wreck last year at one of my races and i trashed the front right rim and bent the a-arm on that side along with the handle bars and stem replaced all that but i think that my spindle and stuff may be bent but i have no way of telling the new rim sits straight up with the old a-arm where the other rim and tire on the other side has a slight camber i am getting ready to rebuild my bike but dont want to put all my new stuff on if its bent any ideas?

fearlessfred
04-06-2010, 12:17 AM
yeap , did the same thing crashed in front of everybody off the start line in a desert race .had to race 140 miles with every thing all bent up and the spindle was definitly bent

fastredrider44
04-06-2010, 10:33 AM
I've never bent one, but I've sure broke more than one.:rolleyes:

honda450rpower
04-06-2010, 11:39 AM
what about the nuckle that the tie rods and spindle and brakes are connected to?

Scro
04-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by honda450rpower
what about the nuckle that the tie rods and spindle and brakes are connected to?

I've never bent one, but I've broke one right in front of where the tierod connects. I guess that's what you get when the tierods are too strong :rolleyes:

slainwarrior
04-06-2010, 12:53 PM
i had a bad spill on the road last year and bent both spindles and hubs.. i thought it was just the rims at first cause they were trashed.. i bought new rims and then realized i still needed to replace the rest of my front end.. the bent spindles and hubs were making my rotors and brakes rub really bad if i did a wheelie my front tires would just lock up

honda450rpower
04-06-2010, 01:15 PM
does anyone make aftermarket nuckles or am i goin to have to just get oem and i know that i can get spindles from lsr but have no idea about the nuckles or whatever they are called

Scro
04-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by honda450rpower
does anyone make aftermarket nuckles or am i goin to have to just get oem and i know that i can get spindles from lsr but have no idea about the nuckles or whatever they are called

What LSR sales is the spindle shafts. The part that the a-arms mount to is called the spindle. I don't think there are any companies making aftermarket spindles.