PDA

View Full Version : Get well soon Bill Ballance

Pappy
04-05-2010, 10:42 PM
http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/yamaha-2010-gncc-04-bill-ballance-accident.html

ATV Chic
04-05-2010, 10:44 PM
:eek2: He will be in my prayers tonight for sure. Wishing him a speedy recovery!

ZBlaster
04-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Just saw this on Facebook... Really hate to hear it. I'll be praying for him.

04-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Damn! Get well soon

JRP
04-05-2010, 10:51 PM
Thats horrible! =[ Definitely prayers are sent to him and his family!

toby400ex
04-06-2010, 12:22 AM
Sad to hear, seems like he's really pushing the limits. Every pro rider has to do the same, its a case of weighing the costs.

sunco
04-06-2010, 05:23 AM
Bummer , He'll be on our prayer list. He's a great person. Always enjoy talking w/ him when we go to races.

Scro
04-06-2010, 06:47 AM
I hate to hear that. I was really hoping he would turn it up the rest of the season, and be back on top. He's in my prayers.

hondariderdylan
04-06-2010, 10:51 AM
ouch. he seems to be getting hurt alot recently. The rib injury last year and now this.

get well soon bill :)

mxpimp2000
04-06-2010, 01:57 PM
this hits close to home. him and jeremiah both live within 10mins from me. sucks to hear these things esp being pro riders

diangelo#67
04-06-2010, 02:56 PM
wow prayers to him, for a speedy recovery

SRH
04-06-2010, 09:11 PM
i hate to say it but it wouldnt be a bad thought to retire, what else does he have to accomplish, hopefully he has a full recovery

Pappy
04-06-2010, 09:15 PM
I dont have much to update. i was told that he did break both wrists. Not much news on my end past that. I just hope he recovers quickly.

Retire? Could be, your right he needs to prove nothing thats for sure.

Poor Bill....two broken wrists. This is when you find out who your friends are because ive been there and wiping your rear end isnt easy!!! Gods speed Bill!

Tommy Warren
04-06-2010, 09:16 PM
he's getting paid good money to do what he loves....why retire? when the sponsorships start running out and the losses start building up, thats when you retire. Not when Yamaha just had YOU design a bike to have your name on it and be sold in stores......

gncc025
04-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Get well soon Bill!

Quad18star
04-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Wishing him a speedy recovery.

And as you said Pappy , now you find out who your true friends are. I wonder what's worse , the friend that wipes your rear or the friend that pull your pecker out so you can whiz?!?!:ermm:

Pappy
04-06-2010, 09:22 PM
I just want an update on his back. Hell i'd wipe his *** if it meant no back issues. That man has been through alot the last 2 years health wise, I would hate to see an injury take him out of the ranks.

mxpimp2000
04-06-2010, 09:27 PM
my cousin broke both arms once at ballance's track and he had casts from his fingers to his shoulders bent at a 60 degree at elbows and couldnt even feed himself.

i heard bill was 4th gear pinned and hit some loose dirt losing control and the bike caught traction and threw him off the bike and at that rate of speed you know it would do damage

SRH
04-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I just want an update on his back. Hell i'd wipe his *** if it meant no back issues. That man has been through alot the last 2 years health wise, I would hate to see an injury take him out of the ranks.

agreed, it would be pretty bad *** for him tho knock down another championship after this, im sure hell pull through this and be back 100%, you dont win the championships hes won without being a mental ironman

the back thing could be serious but if reports are right and everything is moving no reason he wont be back 100%

christophe pourcel spent a yr in the wheelchair paralyzed and hes back and on top

Quad18star
04-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by SRH
agreed, it would be pretty bad *** for him tho knock down another championship after this, im sure hell pull through this and be back 100%, you dont win the championships hes won without being a mental ironman

the back thing could be serious but if reports are right and everything is moving no reason he wont be back 100%

christophe pourcel spent a yr in the wheelchair paralyzed and hes back and on top

It's all about determination.

The daughter inlaw of my parents friends was diagnosed almost a year ago with cancer on or in her spine ( can't remember the name) ... the doctors told her chances were she wasn't gunna make it , and on top of that the surgery had her paralized from the waist down.

She's 35 and has 2 young boys .... with her determination , she has fought it and is now out of the hospital and is walking with the aid of a walker and 2 canes. She goes to therapy 3 times a week , and they figure she'll be able to walk on her own without and aids within the next few months.

SRH
04-06-2010, 10:18 PM
thats good to hear, its so hit or miss with spinal cord stuff, ive had 3 buddies in the last yr and a half break there necks...all had some spinal cord issues but recovered 100% , but then i met a person who fell on icy stairs at there house, broke there neck, and became paralyzed from the neck down permanent, i feel fortunate ive had the return ive had vs complete paralysis initially , its a tough thing, i hope bill ballance has dodged that bullet

on a side note, anyone check out racer x injury list for the sx series? its huge with some big injuries, kinda crazy how intense this sport has gotten

Quad18star
04-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by SRH
thats good to hear, its so hit or miss with spinal cord stuff, ive had 3 buddies in the last yr and a half break there necks...all had some spinal cord issues but recovered 100% , but then i met a person who fell on icy stairs at there house, broke there neck, and became paralyzed from the neck down permanent, i feel fortunate ive had the return ive had vs complete paralysis initially , its a tough thing, i hope bill ballance has dodged that bullet

on a side note, anyone check out racer x injury list for the sx series? its huge with some big injuries, kinda crazy how intense this sport has gotten

How has your recovery been going anyways? Haven't heard any updates in a while.

With the machines getting faster , the jumps getting bigger and the riders become more and more fearless ....it's kind of scary to think about it. When i got hit by the dirtbike 6 years ago , I was fortunate that the kid wasn't 5 inches higher , or that I wasn't a foot ahead or behind where I was.... I probably wouldn't be here today , or I'd be paralyzed from the neck down.

SRH
04-06-2010, 10:48 PM
ive got good function in my right knee and hip i can pretty much use that side minus my ankle and foot almost like before, which makes it awesome for getting on the quad or in the car since i can stand and pivot and sit

my left side i didnt have anything for a yr, now all of a sudden my hip side to side, and up and down is working, still not close to full strength but moves my leg easy when the resistance is taken away, also getting some flickers of movement around my knee cap i can get the muscle to give it a good pull every now and then if i can get that knee and my glutes working good i should be hobbling around with a cane or crutches and ankle braces...at this point theres still a chance so im optimistic, its unreal though how long it takes for the muscles to get strong again its not so much your legs as it is your core and hips, when you lose that its awful, i was belly button down initially, and i couldnt roll over in the bed on my own and it was a struggle to sit up, get dressed or anything

what pisses me off is basically my level of injury is right where your lower back bends, so im fused more to sit than standing position, so when i stand up im hunched over, and my glutes arent strong enough to force me to straighten out...i def dont want to undergo surgery again and mess with anything since i have minimal back pain and the rods and everything are holding up to my abuse without shifting....., id like to drop about 40 pounds this summer, and keep working at it, i cant complain though the second i hit the ground and it happened i was prepared to be waist down forever and this is great to me, feels good to roll over at night same as i use to, only thing that gets to me is not doing alot of physical labor, or hitting jumps

markk
04-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Get will soon Bill--- It wont be the same without all the Killer Bs on the track this weekend. You will be in our prayers from all of us Centralia Illinois boys....

wvbball27
04-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Get well soon Bill!

spinal cord stuff isnt something to mess with. as for retirement its up to him. hes doing what he does and hes getting paiid to do it. who could blame him for what he does? the man has his own fourwheeler now, exhaust system, tire, racing team. i hope he gets back strong and quickly. i hope bill makes the right choices. hes still young and his body has to last him the rest of his life and he has his future to think about. keep at it though bill.