PDA

View Full Version : I shold have listend!

john willhoite
04-05-2010, 06:31 PM
"I highly recomend an aluminum one or atleast reenforcing the i stock one
i have broken these many times and when it breaks the battery falls strait down usually ripping the cdi and starter realay with it."

I thought aww...it should be all right.

Broke Saturday during practice.
Had to race 4 motos Sunday with pull starting.

Told him he had better not stall it.Ripped all the wires out.
I was suprised it would still run.

john willhoite
04-05-2010, 06:33 PM
took us along time to find the battery!

john willhoite
04-05-2010, 06:39 PM
to start with.

sno-x139
04-06-2010, 04:58 PM
I hate to say I told you so.
So anyone that doesn't think it will happen, think again.

Now what I did was when I took my frames to a local welder to get gusseted I also brought him a seat and stock boxes and a battery. On mine he just built one big box so a stronger battery and cdi, starter relay ect could all be together and packed in tight with some kind of foam. Still I recommend putting the stock cover on so it is pushing on the foam.

The boxes turned out very nice, I am assembling my bikes this weekend, I race snocross on a national level in the winter and I just picked my motors up at the Alabama nat. Very busy right now...

QuadJunkies
04-06-2010, 05:34 PM
almost 40 horse out of a 250?? :huh Thats massive . Interesting...Dynos are all so different.
Thats what My honda 440 with the Duncan PC4000 is rated at. What bore are we talkin ? Reliability, testing ect??

That sucks John.. :( thats why we keep it the way it is

Adams granddad
04-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Without the battery cover on, the battery is free to bounce up and down and will fracture the box. Also we have retained the rear light box which helps stiffen it all up and holds the CDI (zip tied in), .......... Still, I'll be keeping a closer eye on ours in the future!

See - Airbox/ Battery box mod?

Adams granddad
04-19-2010, 05:56 AM
Okay, I thought it would be alright if I kept a close eye on it, check after every race for signs of cracking...... 5 laps of practice and bye bye battery, even though it was held in securely to prevent it bouncing, it still fell straight through the bottom.......... Yep, should have listened!!!