PDA

View Full Version : Who rebuilt ur Motor? In NW Jersey

sunco
04-05-2010, 05:36 PM
My 07 is toast. Metal in the filter. Whos had any local's rebuild there motor. Need to get mine done reasonable & within 2 weeks.

Sucks to have to make the post. the case cracked on the right side.

My 04 blew in 07

My 07 blew in 10

Three years life span on a motor? WTF - I'll have to find another hobby - hope not :macho

Redrider99
04-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Cycle pro racing in glen Gardner is one of my sponsors and does great work.always has my quad ready for race weekend

d3ktrix
04-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Ah on the phone u told me it was the left case. Right case is much faster/easier to get =)

And 3 years on a bottom end is about what I'd expect if it's ridden often.
These things don't last as long as cars.

I replaced my crank and every bottom end bearing after 3 years just for regular maintenance when it was still running perfect.

sunco
04-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Sorry I must have been drinkin :D (not while riding of course - only after a saw what my quad looked like. Zach.....................)

Its the right side. Yes to the shavings of metal in the filter.

John can I borrow ur quad for the weekend? :devil: Please...........

Ok so now what? give it to cycle pro to rebuild or get another motor?

I have a friend that might be able to get me a motor. Waiting to here back from her. I'll let u know so u can keep me on the right path.

Ya know you'll be rewarded in heaven for helpin me out John :blah:

I'll post back when I know more

sunco
04-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
Ah on the phone u told me it was the left case. Right case is much faster/easier to get =)

And 3 years on a bottom end is about what I'd expect if it's ridden often.
These things don't last as long as cars.

I replaced my crank and every bottom end bearing after 3 years just for regular maintenance when it was still running perfect.

This u tell me NOW :scary: What else are you holding back on me ? I should just lease a quad from u so I have no issues with repairs. LOL

d3ktrix
04-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Haha nah fix it for sure. You buy a used engine you have no idea whats going on in there and how close it is to going out also.
After you rebuild u know everything is fresh.

sunco
04-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Ok cycle pro here I come. Ill tell em. To give me the. JR special. Still gone cost 800 or will it be more

d3ktrix
04-06-2010, 07:57 PM
No idea how much they charge, I've never dealt with Cycle Pro before.

Total price depends on how much damage happened. For all we know both cases are destroyed inside. Don't know if any of the top end was damaged.

OEM cranks are about $200
You'll need anywhere from $80-200 worth in bearings and seals.
Each case is $200-250
Gasket kit is $80

If the engine hasn't had any kinda of work done to it in 3 years there will be other things you will want to replace like timing chain and water pump bearings etc.

Tho shops normally get parts cheaper then we can.
And whatever they charge for labor.

They probably won't want to give you much of a price quote until they open it up. If they do it will be one of those "Anywhere from 800 to 2,000" kind of quotes. lol
Tho if you get out for under grand from any kind of big name shop I'll be really surprised.

sunco
04-07-2010, 05:24 AM
Ok. I need to clean the oil off the crack. Seal it w/ caulk. Then I can wash everything so I can take it out.

I guess it would cost twice as much if u bought a used motor & had that rebuilt?

What's the going price on a used - no work done motor? $1200, then 600 or 800 to rebuild it.

No one has gotten back to me yet. Just my ex rider friends :)

lonnie1977
04-07-2010, 05:43 AM
Sorry to hear about the motor. I knock on wood evey time I take mine out. I'm still riding on the stock 04 bottom end. Mine was all stock till May 08 when put on the head and piston. Dynoed at 57hp when I built it. I just keep the oil changed every ride. Been lucky so far.

sunco
04-07-2010, 06:59 AM
U are a lucky one :)

jersey flip
04-10-2010, 10:26 PM
hey man i can i can help u out if you want. i have 10yrs exp, worked at dhy. honda certified tech. rocco arno s mechanic, worked side by side with curtis sparks. give him a call ask him about flip. i can do any thing you need i live 10 mins fron atco race way . let me know if i can help.

jersey flip
04-10-2010, 10:35 PM
hey man i can i can help u out if you want. i have 10yrs exp, worked at dhy. honda certified tech. rocco arno s mechanic, worked side by side with curtis sparks. give him a call ask him about flip. i can do any thing you need i live 10 mins fron atco race way . let me know if i can help.

sunco
04-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Here's my picture, I'm sure some of u can relate to this one.

lonnie1977
04-18-2010, 05:27 PM
That is a big crack. My top end has to come apart. My coolant system is pressurized and blowing all the coolant out the over flow. Nothing in the oil or tranny though. I hope i never see a bottom end like that. That is a lot of $. Hope your up and running soon.

sunco
04-19-2010, 05:19 AM
Well Lonnie by the time we each get our quads together we might be able to get one ride in. One day we'll meet. I might need a loan :( . I'm afraid of what the total cost is gonna be. So i'm gonna go after as many quick cash jobs as I can find ( self employed carpenter - windows r my thing) actually its the most amount of money for the least amount of work :p Thats how I roll. Good luck w/ getting ur's together.

lonnie1977
04-19-2010, 06:36 AM
That sounds good. I have been wanting to get up to MX 573 some tme this year. Not sure what else is more up your way. I know what you mean about the bike. I have no time to fix mine right now and no $ if any thing major is wrong with it.