PDA

View Full Version : am i crazy

dan5
04-05-2010, 04:17 PM
So I just got my new 400ex and Ive rode 4 times than just for the hell of it I took all the plastics and the tank off of it just so i could see the what she looked like MY wife said I was crazy doubted if i could put it all back together (which i did no prob) any body else do this or am i just crazy:rolleyes:

aDviSol2y
04-05-2010, 04:47 PM
I've taken my bike apart many times. Not sure if I've ever done it just to see if I could. i think I have always had a reason.

We are all crazy in our own way.....

dan5
04-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Well i kinda had a reason I want to do the first tune up my self so i wanted to see how difficult it was going to be to get the plastics off to get to the valves .I think im going to get a service manual first. I used to adjust the valves on my 250xr all the time Im hoping this is some what the same:ermm:

CJM
04-05-2010, 05:04 PM
I have only ever done cars and was worried about doing it with a friend the other day-it was SUPER easy.

All we needed was some allen keys to remove the crank and timing mark covers, a 24mm socket for the bolts on top of the head, 10mm wrench, flathead and feeler gauges. Took longer to get the dang 450R shocks on there.

MidnightBlade
04-05-2010, 05:07 PM
umm i tear mine apart for the fun of it. when i get bored the plastic comes off and the motor and all gets a good thorough cleaning, sometimes it takes me a few days to get done cleaning and back together

JOHNDOE83
04-05-2010, 05:08 PM
If you can work on your xr250, you can easily work on your 400ex.

I to have taken mine off to see what it looked like...lol.

Alot of ATV drag racers ride NO or almost no plastic.

honda400ex2003
04-05-2010, 05:15 PM
back in the day i used to take all of my aftermarket stuff off and put all of my stock stuff back on right down to the heel guards lol. I used to take the bumper off and put the stocker on, the stock exhaust on everything. lol. it gave me something to do anyway. I dont anymore since i have much more done to it now than i used to. lol. steve

dan5
04-05-2010, 05:24 PM
well ive got a slow week at work this week so I think im going to the honda shop buy oil and filter for my bike and oil for my daughters bike pick up a manual and the correct feeler gauges for both bikes and do the first service on both of them should save some money even after buying the manuals

nastyrider17
04-05-2010, 05:48 PM
I usually take the skid plates off to clean it but that's it.

I don't see much of a point to take the motor out to clean it but that sounds like it could be fun. :devil:

erik420
04-05-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm always messin with mine...gives me something to do...first night I had it I had the rear body/seat, airbox, and exhaust of just because...lol... I must be crazy 2

JOHNDOE83
04-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Im putting a turbo on mine, I must be completly insane...lol.