PDA

View Full Version : parts (front brake issue)

raptap
04-05-2010, 05:33 AM
why cant I find any parts for this thing? I got ahold of one dealer and they said the company went ou of business.

issue; i bought this xtreme 125 for my son and he has one season on it. among other things the front brakes arent up to par. it feels as if they need bleed but that isnt the problem, tried several times with a pump and no change in results. the handle almost bottoms out on the bars and it doesnt have full braking effect. i took apart the master cylinder and found it to be dirty so I replace it with a new one from a diff atv because I couldnt find a rebuild kit, no change. seems to be caliper related because i have messed with everything else. what could cause the piston in the caliper to partially respond?

any ideas or suggestions as to where i can get a complete new front system? thanks a ton, he is eager to ride but we have to get this fixed!

Ride1Rob
04-05-2010, 05:40 AM
If your master cylinder fluid was dirty the fluid in the line is just as dirty. After time the brake fluid gets alil spongy. Also, if the pads are worn this will cause it also. What parts are you having problems finding?

raptap
04-05-2010, 05:46 AM
pads look brand new, only one season and he is a beginner. I almost went through a whole bottle bleeding them, there is no old fluid left. lol

parts specifically searched were, the rebuild kit for the master cylinder, new master cylinder and the m10 tie rod bolts. ended up getting like bolts off the net but no luck with factory replacment parts. like i said the one dealer said xtreme was out of business.... Thanks

Ride1Rob
04-05-2010, 08:11 AM
In August it'll be 3 years since we've had our Xtreme. I've never ordered one part from them. Look at my post in the Xtreme section for the new A Arms setup from www.chassisincfab.com . You can get stronger heims from them as well. If you guys are racing it would be a good idea to upgrade to their arms anyway as the stockers will start to crack on the welds on the bottom of the arms if you continue to jump.

On alot of parts you can contact Russ (Hondo) as his boy races these and he's a dealer for parts and can get you what you need. If it's a motor upgrade contact my parts guy www.firepowerminis.com (Terry Straubel). He's good with these China motors and can put you on a 24hp fire breathing demon if that's what you're looking for. He can machine the cases to get these motor up over 200cc's. Anymore ?'s just ask and there'll be an answer ;) .

raptap
04-05-2010, 08:51 AM
where can I contact Russ? i see hondo121

front master cylinder & lever

front brakelines

front calipers left and right

I would perfer aftermarket parts if the exist. Thanks

Ride1Rob
04-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Yes, it's Hondo121. I have a Honda 300ex Master Cylinder on my boys bike and a lever off of a bike that I borrowed after Jam had a crash (Most any lever will fit). Brake lines from any mini (Drr, Apex, Kasea, TRX, etc..) should work with these. Not sure about the calipers and I don't ever recall anyone changing those. The front calipers have never been an issue for us nor do I ever recall them being an issue for anyone else. If you're wanting to swap those check other mini quads calipers as they may also work.

leager-n-ky
04-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Out of the three Typhoons that we have, I do have one with no brakes, can not get it to bleed or build pressure. pads are perfect, everything is clean. When i walk into the dealer that i bought them from, they act like i have the plague.
Rob is correct, get a set of those new A-arms, and save yourself a bunch of wasted time, and Tylenol eating.

Rob, I am looking for a stock lower A-arm, foot brake side, got another cracked one, this makes number four.

fastrnrik
04-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
Yes, it's Hondo121. I have a Honda 300ex Master Cylinder on my boys bike and a lever off of a bike that I borrowed after Jam had a crash (Most any lever will fit). Brake lines from any mini (Drr, Apex, Kasea, TRX, etc..) should work with these. Not sure about the calipers and I don't ever recall anyone changing those. The front calipers have never been an issue for us nor do I ever recall them being an issue for anyone else. If you're wanting to swap those check other mini quads calipers as they may also work.

"Borrowed" lever my eye!!!! You owe me $185 for that billet aluminum, custom machined, one of a kind, adjustable lever! Wayne got it from me and said you were good for it! Pay up sucker! Or I'll steal those Elka's!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHA Just kiddin.... LMAO

hwf-racing
04-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by fastrnrik
"Borrowed" lever my eye!!!! You owe me $185 for that billet aluminum, custom machined, one of a kind, adjustable lever! Wayne got it from me and said you were good for it! Pay up sucker! Or I'll steal those Elka's!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHA Just kiddin.... LMAO Oh, The Love:p :p :p :p :p

Ride1Rob
04-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by fastrnrik
"Borrowed" lever my eye!!!! You owe me $185 for that billet aluminum, custom machined, one of a kind, adjustable lever! Wayne got it from me and said you were good for it! Pay up sucker! Or I'll steal those Elka's!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHA Just kiddin.... LMAO

:huh I gave Wayne $200 for it. Looks like your beef is now with him :D . Maybe that's why he paid for all those peeps race fees the last Bartow race... Too bad you weren't there :blah: .

Originally posted by leager-n-ky
Out of the three Typhoons that we have, I do have one with no brakes, can not get it to bleed or build pressure. pads are perfect, everything is clean. When i walk into the dealer that i bought them from, they act like i have the plague.
Rob is correct, get a set of those new A-arms, and save yourself a bunch of wasted time, and Tylenol eating.

Rob, I am looking for a stock lower A-arm, foot brake side, got another cracked one, this makes number four.

It's the rear one that I though was giving most of us headaches. I got tired of pumping the damn thing. We cracked our arms on the bottom also Dennis. I took them and had them rewelded and when I sent them to Lew he found another crack on the right side arm. With those stockers if you MX them and they're being jumped decent it's only a matter of time...

fastrnrik
04-05-2010, 08:13 PM
HA! That Wayne is pretty shady! He'll be racing wif a black eye next time if he holds out! HAHAHAHAHA

Hondo121
04-05-2010, 10:57 PM
i have the complete front system still as one. 90.00

raptap
04-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by leager-n-ky
Out of the three Typhoons that we have, I do have one with no brakes, can not get it to bleed or build pressure. pads are perfect, everything is clean.

Why is that? The hydraulic system is pretty simple, I dont get it.:confused:

drxracing
04-06-2010, 12:57 PM
have you guys replaced the brake lines if there is a pin sized hole it will never build enough pressure. funny i went threw 2 bottles of brake fluid before figuring this out

raptap
04-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by drxracing
have you guys replaced the brake lines if there is a pin sized hole it will never build enough pressure. funny i went threw 2 bottles of brake fluid before figuring this out

i replaced everything but the calipers - no change

raptap
04-06-2010, 02:28 PM
$110 shipped. check your paypal..thanks

leager-n-ky
04-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by raptap
Why is that? The hydraulic system is pretty simple, I dont get it.:confused:

Yes, I know how simple the system is, but i am telling you, there are no holes in the hoses, and i cant get them to work....lol i am lost on this one.

raptap
05-07-2010, 01:36 PM
thanks hondo, they appeared to be new as you described.

There's only one problem, this $##W!%& @^*$#*@ chinese $hit! These had the same fade problem. I bolted them on and they were like the old ones.

Anyone interested in a well made chinese turd? Its a red 125 with less than 10 hrs. Only problem is not front brakes. $1,000

turbo j
05-10-2010, 09:47 AM
I just spent some time this weekend working on my sons xtreme 70 front brakes. They stop great but the lever has to be almost back to the grip. The problem is that there is not much movement in the caliper before the pad starts to pinch the rotor. I saw something that looked like an adjustment so I moved it and it made no difference. We are just going to live with it. The brakes are bled just fine and pads are in like new condition.