PDA

View Full Version : its the fuel customs intake really worth the $200

florentino
04-04-2010, 10:17 PM
whats your input on intakes for the 2006 yfz i have a race motor and all the goods i have the knn filter and the adapter. all i do is mx . what do you know on the other intakes

04-04-2010, 10:37 PM
After rebuilding my top end 2 months ago due to an ESR..... Fuel Customs all the way. I haven't had one problem with it yet, filters amazingly. Gotta admit, I'm also a sucker for the whistle it makes. I had to cut my box to get the filter to fit but it was well worth it. If you order one order it through Motodirect off Ebay. Send them a best offer of $190. I got mine from them for $195 and got the Foam wrap with it as well. I haven't used the foam wrap yet and frankly I don't think I'm going to have to. I ride mostly sand dunes and the sand around here is really really fine.

Short sum-up: Yes it's worth every penny.

florentino
04-04-2010, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by YFZ-DunerUtah
After rebuilding my top end 2 months ago due to an ESR..... Fuel Customs all the way. I haven't had one problem with it yet, filters amazingly. Gotta admit, I'm also a sucker for the whistle it makes. I had to cut my box to get the filter to fit but it was well worth it. If you order one order it through Motodirect off Ebay. Send them a best offer of $190. I got mine from them for $195 and got the Foam wrap with it as well. I haven't used the foam wrap yet and frankly I don't think I'm going to have to. I ride mostly sand dunes and the sand around here is really really fine.

Short sum-up: Yes it's worth every penny. [/QUOTE

is the ESR any good ?? and how was the power. i want this for the track so the power has to be smooth. but thanks

mxpimp2000
04-05-2010, 12:12 PM
FCI all the way and i use foam filters instead of the paper K&N types. 06+ TRX450r filters fit perfect.

you can run a box or u can run striaght filter. i like the box setup to keep heat off my filter and cooler air. i just cut the rear out and i have all kick start on my bike now so now battery box allows more flow to the filter. i love the power increase it gave me .

hendershot106
04-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
FCI all the way and i use foam filters instead of the paper K&N types. 06+ TRX450r filters fit perfect.

Is that with the billet gytr/ pro design style flange?????

What Inside diameter are those filters???

mxpimp2000
04-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by hendershot106
Is that with the billet gytr/ pro design style flange?????

What Inside diameter are those filters???

06+ TRX filters fit the pro design GYTR and mod quad billet adapter rings.

also alot cheaper than paying $60 for a pro design filter. you can also use the curtis sparks foam filters. i bought a no toil foam filter for a 06 trx so i have a UNI and a NO TOIL i'll be buying some more for spares and backups considering the filter gets dirty in 1 moto

hendershot106
04-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
06+ TRX filters fit the pro design GYTR and mod quad billet adapter rings.

also alot cheaper than paying $60 for a pro design filter. you can also use the curtis sparks foam filters. i bought a no toil foam filter for a 06 trx so i have a UNI and a NO TOIL i'll be buying some more for spares and backups considering the filter gets dirty in 1 moto

THAT IS AWESOME!!! lol... i already have a curtis sparks 06 trx filter laying around at the house lol.... imma order some uni filters now!!!!!

mxpimp2000
04-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by hendershot106
THAT IS AWESOME!!! lol... i already have a curtis sparks 06 trx filter laying around at the house lol.... imma order some uni filters now!!!!!

any of the sparks filters will fit. they all use the same size billet adapter

florentino
04-05-2010, 10:17 PM
thanks for the pic that will help a lot of people

04-06-2010, 03:24 AM
is the ESR any good ?? and how was the power. i want this for the track so the power has to be smooth. but thanks [/B][/QUOTE]

The ESR is terrible and I will not recommend it to anybody. It was the reason I had to rebuild my top end. They use a garbage filter that filters worse than the outerwears itself. Do not buy one, your bike will hate you.

I've finally learned after buying a few mid-grade parts, save yourself the money in the long run and buy the best of the best first. In this situation, the best of the best would be the FCI.

Ride1Rob
04-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by YFZ-DunerUtah
The ESR is terrible and I will not recommend it to anybody. It was the reason I had to rebuild my top end. They use a garbage filter that filters worse than the outerwears itself. Do not buy one, your bike will hate you.

I've finally learned after buying a few mid-grade parts, save yourself the money in the long run and buy the best of the best first. In this situation, the best of the best would be the FCI. [/QUOTE]

ESR is terrible lol. Funny you would say that. I've had my ESR for 4years now. That's 4 years with no problems with trash getting in my motor. Mine came with a K&N filter which if you don't secure properly or keep clean will eventually let trash in. The ESR is a good intake and is well worth the money. If you think you want to do the FCI it's a good intake as well. PICK YOUR POISON AND GO WITH IT ;) .

04-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
[B]

ESR is terrible lol. Funny you would say that. I've had my ESR for 4years now. That's 4 years with no problems with trash getting in my motor. Mine came with a K&N filter which if you don't secure properly or keep clean will eventually let trash in. The ESR is a good intake and is well worth the money. If you think you want to do the FCI it's a good intake as well. PICK YOUR POISON AND GO WITH IT ;) .

It's not a K&N filter bud. It looks like one but it's not a K&N. K&N filters are 4 ply, the ESR is 3 ply. I cleaned and oiled my filter every 2 rides. After the first couple I even tried washing and oiling every ride, still let dust in the intake. ****ty cheap Chinese made filter FTL.

Ride1Rob
04-06-2010, 09:51 PM
I got mine a few years ago so I'm not sure what they sale now. I reordered another filter last year and got another K&N as the original one was toast. If their using cheap filters they should be ashamed of themselves for cutting corners.

mxpimp2000
04-06-2010, 10:01 PM
fuel customs filters are 6ply. but regardless what ply they are u can look thru the paper type filters inside looking out and see pin holes. on a foam filter there is no direct path for dirt particles.