PDA

View Full Version : trail tech vapor

odog
04-04-2010, 09:02 PM
i wonder how accurate my trail tech vapor is my mechanic who put it on for me when he build my engine tested it beside a truck up to 55mph and said it was dead on but i never tested it i just mod my bike and get on the same stretch of road and see how much faster i can go after every mod. and today i was on a about a 2mile stretch yall would believe how fast my vapor said i was going and my rev limitor read 11,000rpms

JOHNDOE83
04-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Mine was weird it worked dead on at certain speeds then was off at others.

if I was any where from 0 to 35 it was dead on, 35 to 55 off by 2 or 3 even 4mph, 55 and up dead on again...weird.

make sure your wire is attatched really well with no play down low, I caught mine on a tree stump and broke my wire.
only had it for a month...lol.

odog
04-04-2010, 09:17 PM
what was the fastest yours went up to

JOHNDOE83
04-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Back when I had the trail tech, I toped at 73.

That was like 3 years ago, I still have the magnet, its still in my brake rotor as a bolt...lol.

Whats the 460 top at?

odog
04-04-2010, 09:27 PM
like i said i dont no how accurate it is but i did get to race 4 different bikes on this same stretch today and yesterday and its about 2 miles long in about between and 1/8 and 1/4 ive done 83.4mph on my vapor.

odog
04-04-2010, 09:30 PM
but this is what i did today on about a 2mile stretch heres a pic.

odog
04-04-2010, 09:45 PM
i will be able to update and be a little more accurate soon my buddy has a 3mod raptor 700 (kn,barkers dual,and power commander V)and he also went up 1tooth on his front sproket so i now his bike is running in the low 80-85mph range if i can go by him on that stretch than i know my bike is aleast mid to upper 80s i beat a 13.1 compression 440kit honda with a cam and a slip on pipe airbox elementor,with different gearing he said his bike was clocked a 77mph. i beat a kfx400 with all full exhaust,dual hotcams,kn,1tooth up on the front sprocket and wb rev limit and i beat a 11.1comp 412ex full fmf ti exhaust,stage 2 hotcams kn and big gun rev limit with 21inch tires and 15tooth front sprocket 37teeth rear sprocket and ttr 230 dirt bike i past all those bikes in 4th gear and everyone of them were already topped out when i went bye them and since my bike was bigger we were already in 2nd and 3rd gear rolling before we raced and they all were about 4-5 lengths ahead of me we really just wanted to see how fast my bike is with me on it since i out weigh all of them.

JOHNDOE83
04-04-2010, 09:53 PM
I can honestly say that if it is off on mph, it will only be by a few mph, if you follow the instructions in the kit, even if your off a little bit on your measurements, at most there will be a 4mph difference.

A 460 is deffinetly capable of that speed, ive had my 440 at 70mph in fourth gear at wide open throttle, time slip verified.

I believe your vapor is pretty much spot on, you should drag race...lol.

Theres threads on here somewhere of guys running 95mph in the 1/4 mile on 460 strokers.

odog
04-04-2010, 10:06 PM
well i dont really doubt the speed but i know every one else besides the people i ride with will but i will do my best to give the best comparsions that why i said i will update when my buddy raptor comes home because i know his bike is capable of atleast 80-85 and if i can pull away from him like i did those other bikes then i know just what its capable of. thats also why i let the other bikes take the lead and pretty much run them down because if we would have started even and i would have pulled away from them it would have just seem like i accelarted much harder than them but for them to be completly topped out when i went by them they have a hold new respect for my bike. and the bad thing is i used the converter and with there gearing and tire size every last one of those bikes has more top end then me except the ttr-230 he was clocked at 60mph.