PDA

View Full Version : It's over, I am quiting riding..........if any of you even care

airheadedduner
01-27-2003, 11:53 PM
It took some time but I made the very hard dissicion to give up riding for at least a year. School and work have become to much for me with the added frustration of my parents trying to help ( :rolleyes: ) point me in the right direction has drained me mentally and phisically to the breaking point. My R has not seen running time in 5 months. I am fixing it and selling it ASAP, maybe someone will give it a good home. Of course I plan on using some of the money to buy an aftermarket frame and yz400f motor and slowly piece together a machine to be ready for me when I feel it is time again, but for now I have to many other worries that need my attention.

Later all :)

BTW I will still be on of course, just not nearly as much.
This place is to addicting to completly leave:p

EricB
01-28-2003, 03:50 AM
damn dude i wish i had more money i'd buy that from ya. i want an R so bad heh. well hopefully stuff pulls through for you and you'll have a pretty teets YZF400 machine built when the time comes. any idea on what frame your gonna stick it in? or should i say what one you want to put it in? the houser one looks pretty sick..

JTRtrx250r
01-28-2003, 04:28 AM
man I really hate to hear that,I respect why tho,I'll be waitin' for ya dude so we can make that trip down....best of luck to you

I almost skipped this tread till I saw it was you posting it,I was totally:huh :huh :huh ,let me know if I can help...ya never know;)

sweet300ex
01-28-2003, 04:56 AM
A WHOLE YEAR?!?!

I didnt ride for a week once and i went crazy!

i respect your desicion tho man, its for a good cause!

XANDADA
01-28-2003, 06:45 AM
That's just crazy talk:huh
Sit down, relax, drink a 6 packer, smoke 'em if you got 'em...:D

01-28-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by XANDADA
That's just crazy talk:huh
Sit down, relax, drink a 6 packer, smoke 'em if you got 'em...:D
LOL...just as long as you ride again !!;)

lil400exman
01-28-2003, 09:28 AM
if i could i would buy a few parts off ur r man..................

HondaRancherES
01-28-2003, 09:33 AM
Sorry you have to give up riding for awhile. I know what ya mean about not having time to ride. Thursday was the first time I rode in 5 months

JOEX
01-28-2003, 10:31 AM
Don't give up yet...spring and summer is just around the corner...
Winter just sucks, dark, dreary, depressing.
I haven't ridden in about 4 months and i'm jones'n. I like to ride to get away from life's hassles.

Good luck, Joe

tants
01-28-2003, 10:39 AM
even if i try i couldnt give up riding. i was thinking about it because of school, work, and playing varsity football. i could play varsity and keep a job or quad at the same time. so i decided not to play... it was a very hard decession because ive been playing popwarner since i was 8..... and ill be racing this spring.

i hope i dont regret this...

Sparks425Ex
01-28-2003, 10:49 AM
I don't think I could ever quit. But you have some good reasons. I used to play every sport out there and in hte past year and this comign year I will not be playing any sports. I gave them all up for racing. That was a pretty tough decision but after one race I knew this was teh best thing I have ever done. It is harder and pushes me more than any sport.(I have played jut about everything)

I have played football since I was 7-8 and it doesn;t even compare to racing.

Good Luck with the YZ

01-28-2003, 11:30 AM
Tnats try saying the same think but he was joking, i think you are too, its too hard to do that, and for school!?!?!?!? I dont think so, if it is true you wont be abel to do it becuase its to hard and u love the sport to much.,.

raptor_02
01-28-2003, 11:38 AM
i give up racing for 4 years because my parents split up and i decided to play football. I regret that decision! Do what u want to do. I'm sure deep down you want to keep riding. You only live once so live it to the fullest;)

bntadams
01-28-2003, 02:11 PM
Through the snow and the sleet,
Through the rain and the heat,
I ride.
Through injury and suffering,
And all the why me’s and bickering,
I ride.
Aching for the mud on my tires,
The muddy sweat in my eyes,
Through the lightening in my arms,
Ignoring all the alarms,
Through ruptured disc,
And pain in my fist,
I ride.
Until I feel and hear nothing,
But that voice in my head chanting,
Faster faster faster.
For I am now the master,
Stopping time as I know it,
In the zone I now own it.
I race through the mud with a vengeance,
Thick like plaster,
Thin like water,
Makes no difference anymore.
For I race not my fellow atver,
But myself,
And yet another trophy,
For my shelf!

250x#93
01-28-2003, 02:13 PM
JUST RIDE!!!:blah Man I hate when I can't ride, it really sucks.

tants
01-28-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Lathers
Tnats try saying the same think but he was joking, i think you are too, its too hard to do that, and for school!?!?!?!? I dont think so, if it is true you wont be abel to do it becuase its to hard and u love the sport to much.,.

proofread my friend! ;)

Quad18star
01-28-2003, 02:21 PM
Hey i know how you feel about giving up ridding . I had to do the same about 2 years ago. I was getting up in the CMRC ranks but had to quit racing due to college and a new job . One way to look at it , was that the money that I got from the bikes went to pay College tuition.I'll be getting back into it soon i hope !!

Brad
01-28-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by sweet300ex
A WHOLE YEAR?!?!

I didnt ride for a week once and i went crazy!

i respect your desicion tho man, its for a good cause!
i second that

Glow Plug
01-28-2003, 03:07 PM
that really sucks i think i could give up riding but i would go through some seriuos depresion i haven been riding for a week i look at the fresh snow drifts and just think about riding lol and that is with a bayou 220 lol

killed300ex
01-28-2003, 03:09 PM
man that sucks but im kinda in the same situation. I stumbled into this guy who wants to sell me his truck for 6 grand. ITs a 96 dodge ram 1500 xcab and short bed with the 5.9 i think that or the 5.2 and a stick shift. And i dont have enough money unless i sell the quad. im like wtf do i do. lol i want that truck cause its almost my dream truck and is alot cheaper than it should be imho. What should i do sell the quad and get the truck or keep the quad and not get the truck lol i already have a truck but its not anyhting that i like. i bought it to fix it up and make money. BUt now im kinda stuck with it lol. I know exactly how you feel man. I hope you make the right desisino and i hope i do to
killed

twisted threads
01-28-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Don't give up yet...spring and summer is just around the corner...
Winter just sucks, dark, dreary, depressing.
I haven't ridden in about 4 months and i'm jones'n. I like to ride to get away from life's hassles.

You said it best!!! If your a duner the season is only a few weeks away!! hold in there my friend and you will be fine;)

mxracer89
01-28-2003, 03:55 PM
well i dont think i will ever give up raceing.....i love like nothin els...i dont whant to hert myself doing it tho, because of my famial. i love them all so much...but i just can't stop and i think i have a good chance of being somthing with racing. im running the pro am production race a casey and im only 16...when im out racing i have no worries and nothing els matters but winning...if i did not have quads in my life i would have nothing....

QuadJunkies
01-28-2003, 03:58 PM
Dont go too far...:( Ineed ya around to ask all those duning questions too;) ... HEY>>>AINT IT GREAT TO SEE TWISTED THREADS BACK AGAIN!!!!!:D :blah WELCOME BACK:D

4punksdad
01-28-2003, 05:27 PM
I just have one thing to say to this............
"quitters never win, and winners never quit"

AtvMxRider
01-28-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
I just have one thing to say to this............
"quitters never win, and winners never quit"

Benficachop
01-28-2003, 06:33 PM
:eek: NO no no why must you leave:( :( :( seya in a year:( :( :(

01-28-2003, 07:27 PM
You will be back.. They all come back.

anywhereEx
01-28-2003, 07:57 PM
Come on now. It's a pain but you can do it. I was away from home for over 8 1/2 months last year to come back to a new daughter, moving to a new state and buying a house, new job, and I go to college in my spare time but I find time to ride and even time to strip it down to the frame this winter for a full rebuild.

Bean
01-28-2003, 08:41 PM
i couldnt quit man, riding, or fixing the ride, are the only things that hold my life togather, the rest is just crap compared to racing and riding, but if it floats your ship, sail 'er

01-29-2003, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by hondafox400
You will be back.. They all come back.
he already said he would be back,:rolleyes:

airheadedduner
01-29-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Hey i know how you feel about giving up ridding . I had to do the same about 2 years ago. I was getting up in the CMRC ranks but had to quit racing due to college and a new job . One way to look at it , was that the money that I got from the bikes went to pay College tuition.I'll be getting back into it soon i hope !!

Exactly, after being injured last year and not working most of it I made less then $3k, way less then half as much as normal. So intead of working part time and using the money I made during the summer to pay the bills, I have to work full time and go to school. I have just got a new job and as of tues. I have already put in over 20 hours this week at work. The R just has to go to pay my tuition this year. I have been stopping by the local paintball indoor fields and going "postal" on people there but it pales in the relief I get from riding. Gotta stay sane somehow:rolleyes: For now I am just gonna buy parts a little at a time and slowly build a bike, by this next winter I will probly have one done and ready to ride.