PDA

View Full Version : Any body get a lonestar axle replaced

Trxjim
04-04-2010, 08:04 AM
I bought a new "project" over the weekend. after riding it for a bit i see that the axle is bent. Its a lonestar axcalaber axle and there website says full lifetime warranty. Just curious if anyone has delt with them and if i will have any problems because i don't have a recept.

woodsracer144
04-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Trxjim
I bought a new "project" over the weekend. after riding it for a bit i see that the axle is bent. Its a lonestar axcalaber axle and there website says full lifetime warranty. Just curious if anyone has delt with them and if i will have any problems because i don't have a recept.

call them up and say you bought it but lost the recept. theres a date stamped or should be stamped in the axle inside the carrier. they might ask for that...

smokejr
04-04-2010, 08:37 AM
I don't think you can, I just bought a new LS axle and on the little warranty card it says in fine print
"this warranty only applies to the original purchaser and cannot be transferred to another party".
There website says they will charge $60.00 to fix non-warranty bent axles, thats cheaper than a new one.

red88r
04-04-2010, 10:32 AM
I know you didn't have a choice cuz it was already on the quad but we quit running Lonestar axles. We have alot of bent ones over the years. After awhile we just took them to our local machine shop and they straightened them alot cheaper. No shipping charges and no waiting for it to return. For what it's worth we switched to RPM and never had a problem since.

twopump78
04-04-2010, 11:16 AM
all you have to do is call and get a ref. # send it and they will fix it for free. all you have to pay is shipping. which is like 15 bucks.