PDA

View Full Version : beadlocks/tire size

mr4play72
04-04-2010, 06:53 AM
We rolled our first bead off during the OXC race this weekend(we are new to the race seen and running an 07 Honda 450ER), I guess it might be time for some rear beadlocks. What is everyones opinion on brands for beadlock rims? Also what size is everyone running in the front and rear for rims? I see they make several different widths and offsets as well. I would plan on running 10" in the front and 9" in the rear but how wide and what offset is common. Thanks for the input.

Scro
04-04-2010, 07:03 AM
I prefer hipers, but alot of people will say they like the aluminum wheels better. Their argument is that the hiper wheel will break, where the aluminum wheel will just bend. However, over the course of about 3 years that I was running Hipers, I didn't have not one single issue with them breaking. I've been running aluminum wheels for a little under a year, and have already warped a front. Plus the aluminum begins to look bad after a while. For XC, a 9 inch rear and a 10 inch front is fairly standard.

gotwarrior
04-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by mr4play72
We rolled our first bead off during the OXC race this weekend(we are new to the race seen and running an 07 Honda 450ER), I guess it might be time for some rear beadlocks. What is everyones opinion on brands for beadlock rims? Also what size is everyone running in the front and rear for rims? I see they make several different widths and offsets as well. I would plan on running 10" in the front and 9" in the rear but how wide and what offset is common. Thanks for the input.

I have a full set of hipers to fit that honda of yours.. If your interested I live in Columbia Mo...

hondaracer_34
04-04-2010, 12:57 PM
10 inch front, 9 inch rear like the other guys said. Since your doing XC raicng, id imagine you want to stay slim with the width, so your stock offset will be good. 3+5 for the rears, 4+1 for the front.