PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove front plastic? (dumb question, I know)

big_poppa49
04-04-2010, 06:46 AM
Just wondering what all bolts or screws or clips hold the front plastics on a 01' 400ex? And how hard is it to take off and put back on?

Im wondering because after reading and understanding the purpose of the SPAL fan on the oil cooler, I may want to put one on one day and will need to remove the front plastics

clemsonteg
04-04-2010, 07:27 AM
I think this article shows you everything that has to come off

http://www.atvriders.com/articles/valveadjustment400ex.html

NMills
04-04-2010, 07:29 AM
Well... to start... I'm going to hope i'm thinking correctly on this.. take off the back plastic.. then over the gas tank remove the plastic clips... should be 4.... Then remove the 2 allen head screws on the sides on the black plastic...then after that look in the front wheel wells... there are 2 screws in each on that attach the plastic to the machine.. then carefully slide the plastics forward a few inches and reach behind the plastic and disconnect all the wires... then i believe it should come right off... hope this helps..

rooster300ex
04-04-2010, 07:44 AM
All u gotta do is go out to your 400ex and look and see all that needs to be done to take the plastic off

JOHNDOE83
04-04-2010, 08:41 AM
All I do is diconnect my headlight and key wires and take off 4 bolts and the plastic slides off the front.

I think there is six bolts normally 2 under the front fender, 2 on the tank, 2 on the frame under the seat along with the headlight and key wires.

I never put mine back on the tank because you dont need them and I do lots of work on mine on a regular basis, those bolts kinda suck to get lined up anyway....lol.

v0lcom13sn0w
04-05-2010, 12:30 AM
not to be an a_ _ but its pretty much common sense start by takin off ur seat and gas cap and then go from there... should be pretty easy from there