PDA

View Full Version : need advice

shee95rider
04-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Should i paint the plastics or keep them the same color??

fasterblaster09
04-04-2010, 03:04 PM
my banshee had the yellow/purple color scheme, but the person before painted them black. I spilled a little gas on the tank cover and wala there is a big spot where the black paint came off and it's yellow. I would much rather have scratched yellow and purple plastics than this..

Hondamaster5505
04-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Dont do it. Been there done that, looks like crap holds up like crap.

I used the good Krylon Fusion plastic paint too.

shee95rider
04-04-2010, 10:36 PM
thanks ill just keep it the same until i buy new plastics now what kind of plastics do you recommend for trail riding?? i was thinking full bore or maier but i dunno i need to which ones are better.

justout
04-05-2010, 10:53 AM
You can paint your plastics yourself you just have to do it the right way. And when I say the right way I don’t mean spray paint. I bought a kit from my local hardware store that worked grate you will need to sand down the plastics with a fine grit sand paper then you will put on your primer (mine was a gray). You let that dry and then apply your base coat (or color), and also let dry and then a clear coat let that dry and you will be very impressed with the outcome I’m only into the paint job about 150.00 and it looks professional... I got the paint, spray gun, and sand paper and it was much less than buying new plastics and the best part is you can put whatever you want on it. It might sound like a lot of work but is not. I painted mine in one weekend the drying is the longest process. just go to your hardware store and tell them what you want to do and they will show you what you will need.