PDA

View Full Version : Well i've had a really messedup day

gtt416ex
04-03-2010, 10:21 PM
i went riding at windy gap today, and it was going good until i ran off the side of the mountain :ermm: i couldn't see because of the dust, camearound a sharp hairpin and just went over. i bailed when i saw what was hapening and wasn't hurt. But the quad hit a log, flipped end over end once, clipped a tree and barrel rolled into a tree about fifty feet down. but that's just the beginning of it...

it's wedged in between the tree and the ground to the point that i can't move it. So, i ride back to the truck with my buddy to get my truck. We come back to where the quad was and it's gone:eek: I call the police station, and have them start a police report for a stolen quad. i head to the house print out every picture i could find, and get a copy of the title. Right when get ready to head over to the station to finish the police report, one of my friends comes up te driveway with my quad in the bed of his truck. Turns out, while i was on my way back to the truck, he came riding by, saw my quad, got a bunch of people to help him get it up on the road, and broght it home to me. It made my day, i thought i had lost it forever.

to be honest it didn't hurt it all that bad from what i can see(just broke my brake lever, bent my stem, broke platics, and a bent bumper), but i'm gonna tear it down to look it over real well.

but it goes to show that there's still true friends in this world.

tbrackman84
04-03-2010, 11:12 PM
well at least it had a semi- happy ending, lol

gt400ex
04-04-2010, 02:11 AM
Sounds like a good thing you didnt try to ride it out and bailed! Good to see everything ended well too.

nastyrider17
04-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Wow at least the ending was good.

What did you do with the police report after you got your quad back?

guenther
04-04-2010, 08:34 AM
The main thing is that you weren't hurt so I wouldn't be upset at all. You can always rebuild or buy another bike. We ride hard and things get broken or destroyed, that's the nature of the beast. Happy Easter, truly.

CJM
04-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Glad to hear at least it wasnt stolen!

Thats why I always leave someone with the thing and never ride alone if I can help it. Imagine it hadnt been your friend and it was really stolen-woulda sucked bigtime.

If you gotta leave it, I always got a chain in my truck and I chain it to something immovable-they can still steal stuff off of it-but they cant take the whole thing.