PDA

View Full Version : 450r carb

12345mrjeff
04-03-2010, 09:36 PM
looking for 450r carb to fit on my 400ex please help i need what ever i need if you got one or know what i need please him me and i was looking if i do get the carb there was a guy on here that had the put too make it fit too the stock air box please get back to me i want one thanks again

Thumpin440ex
04-04-2010, 01:24 PM
JFYI You will need to get a 04-05 carb.. Others will work, but the 04-05 is the easiest to work. Other year carbs will not clear the stock plastic-tank as well... All that is needed to be done is the intake(plastic) that bolts to the head needs to be opened up some with a dremel tool, same goes for the intake boot(long rubber piece that goes to the air box). :)

John

slightlybent47
04-04-2010, 04:40 PM
I did not have to take a dermal tool to the intake tube. Just spray it with some wd 40 and it should slip right on. If you alter it by grinding it out it may make it leak if it is not done evenly. You will have to put a larger hose clamp on it though.
As for the filter side I just used a piece of 2’’ rubber hose like a radiator hose and just slipped it over the end of the filter side and then cut it off where it was about an inch longer then the stock tube and it works fine.

12345mrjeff
04-04-2010, 04:45 PM
thanks for the help guys you people on here are very helpful to me just got into sport atvs not to long ago just looking for some cheap up grades to make me go fast and try to keep up with my buddys 660 he kick my butt all the time so am tring to bet him on a race so i hope this helps me out some lol thanks again guys