PDA

View Full Version : Pell City # 2

thequadfather+2
04-03-2010, 07:37 PM
Sorry guys, last one I swear. This is the rest of what I had from Pell City. A pro am rider in the pond, a pile-up in a trench in practice, some 90 mod hole shot and whoop stuff, just odd stuff nothing special.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid118.photobucket.com/albums/o120/rotorwashphotos/pellcity2.flv">

Logan #34's Dad
04-04-2010, 04:32 AM
Another nice video. By the way, the "not dad" guy was Justin Hall from MaximumRPM. Something must have caught his eye or something was wrong and he was trying to help ya out.

Logan #34's Dad
04-04-2010, 04:42 AM
OH Yeah, Since this is about Pell City, If I offended ANYONE while we were in pre-staging, just before the start of the 90CVT, I'd like to apoligize. When they announced that they were gonna cut the track for the 90's I kinda got a little hot under the collar. I've been know to drop a couple swear words here and there :ermm: So, If your little guy heard me, I apoligize. If you (adult) heard me - piss off! LOL :blah:
I bring this up because Logan pointed it out to me and wanted to know if I was gonna fight the track worker. LOL. Me and that fella go back a ways so no harm no foul. We laughed it off later.

zach R 7x
04-04-2010, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
OH Yeah, Since this is about Pell City, If I offended ANYONE while we were in pre-staging, just before the start of the 90CVT, I'd like to apoligize. When they announced that they were gonna cut the track for the 90's I kinda got a little hot under the collar. I've been know to drop a couple swear words here and there :ermm: So, If your little guy heard me, I apoligize. If you (adult) heard me - piss off! LOL :blah:
I bring this up because Logan pointed it out to me and wanted to know if I was gonna fight the track worker. LOL. Me and that fella go back a ways so no harm no foul. We laughed it off later.

I think were all used to you by now Rocky,would not expect anything less! LOL!!

GREAT video by the way, keep up the great work!

thequadfather+2
04-04-2010, 07:29 AM
I was just kidding about the hole "not dad" thing. I just thought it was funny. I thought he was just looking at the cylinder or something, even if that was the case no big deal. I didnt know who it was....Just wanted to make it clear that I was just playing around with the editing, thought it would be funny.

BTW Rocky, I was standing close by when you guys were talking about the bypass of the up-hill jump. I agreed with what you were saying but being new I kept my mouth shut. I'm doing what I am told, thats what I was thinking.:devil:

From the looks of the video they didnt need to worry about the up-hill jump. They should have been more concerned about the massive trench on the back side that constantly had mini's stuck in it all day.

MAXRPM
04-06-2010, 10:28 AM
thequadfather+2
The motor was grinding like crazy when I walked up to it so I felt the kick starter cover. The kick starter did not return, so the kick starter cog was rubbing against the CVT cog. All I did was pull up on his kicker and it went away, I looked around and did not see anyone with him so I did it myself. I know you already said you didn’t care, just letting you know what was wrong. Your kid looked at me like was crazy he had no idea what I was doing so he took off. I didn’t know who he was I just heard the noise.

Justin

Coley'sdad#8
04-06-2010, 01:01 PM
That's funny Justin,:D that boy thought you were about to steal his ride so he bolted:D

thequadfather+2
04-06-2010, 01:03 PM
No problem at all Justin. I actually thought someone would say "thats me". Now I gotta say thanks.

You have a pretty good ear, I had just checked to make sure the choke was off and he was ready but didnt hear anything odd. He made it up the hill and back around to the first jump and he said it started making a funny noise so he pulled the kill switch. When I got over there I felt the grinding in the kick starter when I tried to start it so I pushed it from the back side of the track back to our camp and after about 30 minutes when I finally recovered I pulled the cover to find the kicker assembly had moved against the front variator. The culprit was the keeper on the outside of the cover on the kicker. It had come out and let the entire assembly slide in.

I guess he hit it with his boot after I walked away and shoved it in a little.

Thank you for trying to check on it.

edwardsp&b
04-06-2010, 04:54 PM
That's what racing is supposed to be about! I don't care who's kid it is, or what team they ride for i will help if they need it. Most of the dads I've met would do the same. See yall next week. Bryan

STOCKRACING917
04-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Bruce, Loved this video..