PDA

View Full Version : jetting for a jardine rt5 full exhaust and uni only? help asap

J.J.
04-03-2010, 05:31 PM
i'm transferring over from 400ex's and i know the jetting and stuff on these are quite a bit different.. i have an all stock 06 and am about to install my jardine rt5 full exhaust with just a uni filter.. everything else is completely stock and will be staying that was for a long while..

i live in oklahoma and the average temp i'll be racing in will be around 80-90 for a while.. any help is appreciated on atleast where to start

MR4Engine202
04-04-2010, 12:49 PM
42 pilot
160 main
NCVQ needle 3rd clip down

J.J.
04-04-2010, 08:22 PM
i take it you've had a jardine exhaust on a 450?
thanks for the help

this is something i need to get close the first time.. time isnt really on my side for the next 2 weeks

Scro
04-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by J.J.
i take it you've had a jardine exhaust on a 450?
thanks for the help

this is something i need to get close the first time.. time isnt really on my side for the next 2 weeks

Most all open-core pipes are going to use roughly the same jetting. The differences are minimal enough to adjust it through the fuel screw. The jetting he recommended is pretty close to what it needs to be with the airbox lid still installed. You will probably want to start with the fuel screw about 1.5-2 turns out, then adjust from there. If you plan on running no lid later down the road, you will want to richen it up.

Wayner
04-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by J.J.
i'm transferring over from 400ex's and i know the jetting and stuff on these are quite a bit different.. i have an all stock 06 and am about to install my jardine rt5 full exhaust with just a uni filter.. everything else is completely stock and will be staying that was for a long while..

i live in oklahoma and the average temp i'll be racing in will be around 80-90 for a while.. any help is appreciated on atleast where to start

I did the same mod awhile ago (full LRD Pro-4 exhaust w/ a Dynojet kit) leaving the airbox lid on. Do yourslef a favor and buy a lid with an Outerware cover (basically runs the same without a lid) to get everything out of the exhaust. The only real improvement your going to see with the lid on is a better exhaust tone. I'm using an ESR lid. Filter does get a bit more dirty, but not excessively.

MR4Engine202
04-05-2010, 07:06 PM
oo yeaa forgot about the fuel screw