PDA

View Full Version : My Lonestar experience ...

06 Honda 450R
04-03-2010, 05:30 PM
So at tulsa i bent my axle, sent it in to be fixed, waited a 2 weeks and called... they said it was done, i asked them to see if the chrome was on warranty (it chipped off really easy) waited for a call they were supposed to make, then called them back a week later asked if it was on the warranty, no so they sent it back and got it a week later... since i have a 450r, it comes with a hub pressed on, well it wasnt pressed on or in the box so i call them back and say what the heck, they said they would press it back on, i told them just to send it and the clip that holds it on to me and ill press it on, go the hub... no clip... try calling all day yesterday and the day before, couldnt get ahold of them... i just wanted you guys to know my experience, now i have a race next weekend without an axle... i will never buy a lonestar product again:mad:

hondaracer_34
04-03-2010, 08:13 PM
A friend has had problems with lonestar also, when he bought an axle from them they refused to give him his warranty, so he sent it back, got his money, and bought an Dominator 2. But i would also be frustrated too, good luck

eastside 400
04-03-2010, 08:31 PM
ive had problems too, i sent an axle in, i pressed the hub off myself because they said they wanted a bare axle. when i got it back and went to press it on, it just slid on, i called them and they said the hub isnt under warrenty. i also just went to throw in a brand new lsr that i have as a spare for my Team axles and found out that the groove for the locknut clip was too big, the locknut wouldnt go over the clip, i had to grind out the groove to get it to work.

shiftyfofiddy
04-03-2010, 08:48 PM
yup RPM all the way no problems at all

TRX450racer14
04-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Thats lame. I will also never buy from them again. So I took my quad apart to powdercoat everything and I just getting it done today! It took probably an extra 2 weeks because of them. I ordered parts to rebuild my long travel linkage. It took 4 orders to finally get all of the parts I wanted for it. The first order was kinda my fault I did not order everything I needed but they still sent me the wrong stuff. Then they screwed up on the 2nd 3rd 4th order. My linkage takes 2 large bearing 4 large seals and then 1 small bearings and 2 small seals. They kept sending me the opposite of that. I complained and he told me there catalog says I am wrong. When it's them who truely do not even know their own product! It was such a long process but I finally got everything I needed.

Balaz_73*00
04-04-2010, 09:17 AM
Ive actually had awesome expierences with Lonestar! I sent an axle in with no warrenty card planning to just pay to have it strightened, they broke it while strightening, sent me a new one with a warrenty card and didnt charge me for shipping back! Also took lk a week from the time I sent it til I got it back. Sorry for your bad luck man buy in my opinion Lonestar is a great company

Balaz_73*00
04-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Forgot to add,they also swaped my hub from the old axle to the new one no charge

eastside 400
04-04-2010, 11:04 AM
they shouldnt even re-use the hub IMO, my team axles that i send in, i get a complete new axle back, with new hub, new spacers and nuts

TWISTED
04-04-2010, 01:43 PM
When LSR got rid of Angela and Scott Butler, they went to POOP...

coryatver
04-04-2010, 02:25 PM
so they are in business this week? lol

ejmoan1
04-04-2010, 08:08 PM
i ve had no problems with lone star our axle got bent a little and we didn't have the warranty card and they fixed fast and they dealt with the sprocket hub

TRX450racer14
04-04-2010, 09:08 PM
ya I had no problems until that order. I think they are good at sending complete kit packaged parts but when I wanted specific parts they sucked.