PDA

View Full Version : started running rich

89250rhonda
04-03-2010, 03:39 PM
the engine was running just wright, the plug was a nice light brown colour, then i noticed it had a leacking gasket between the barrel and crank caseing, so i replaced it when i started it after i had replaced the gasket it was running very very ritch there was smoke pouring out of the exhaust when i reved it and it just wouldnt hit power band, i pulled the plug and it was coved in fuel so i put a clean plug in and changed the float chamber level whitch made it run slightly beter but there is still a lot of smoke comeing out of the exhaust. what do you think is wrong?

fearlessfred
04-03-2010, 09:37 PM
the base gasket leak ,u descibed would have caused a lean condition mabe the bike had been jetted to compensate for the lean condition and now u have fixed that so now u need to lean it out maybe u could post what carb ,jet sizes ,needle position and one of the guys on here could tell u if u are in the ballpark i have been f.i. since 2002 and dont remember jet sizes this is just guess not the gospel [dont burn it up leaning it out]

jcs003
04-06-2010, 02:16 AM
i just blew the same gasket. that was causing me to have no low RPM power. it only ran good when i got in to the powerband.