PDA

View Full Version : FCR or Front shocks

Dune Surfer
01-27-2003, 09:33 PM
It's time for an upgrade, What do you guys think, Shocks or carb?

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-27-2003, 09:38 PM
Shocks....easily....

lilpoppy
01-27-2003, 11:15 PM
It totally depends on what type of riding you do. I was going to go with shocks first but I realised that I mostly liked to drag race in the dunes and the carb helped me out a lot more in that area. If you are going to be doing a lot of trails or track riding you might want to go with the shocks.

CBRSLIDER
01-28-2003, 07:13 AM
Shocks. If you can't ride the wheeler to its existing stock potential, then the shocks are holding you back. I made a deal with myself when I was modding my wheeler. I decided that I would not work on the motor until I was able to ride the EX to it's limits, with the new shocks. There is alot of hidden potential for you that the stock shocks hide. For me it was like night and day. Sounds weird but after putting on the elkas, it felt like I worked on the motor too.

But this is just my opinion and what worked for me. Since the shocks, I have done motor work, fcr, and other handling updates. But the shocks are still the best money I spent on the wheeler.

Hope this helps.
Ray

01-28-2003, 07:15 AM
Shocks...:cool:

Silverfox@C&DRacing
01-28-2003, 07:36 AM
Shocks if you are abusing your stock ones, Shocks even if the stock ones are ok:D. You have got to be able to handle the bike when you go fast :)

y2k400ex
01-28-2003, 08:12 AM
I would get the shocks before I would buy a new carb. You cant go fast if you cant control it:blah My triple rates are the best thing I have bought so far, alot of others here would say that too. they really help the cornering too not just in the woops.

KAWSAM62
01-28-2003, 08:56 AM
im an older rider thats rides with young riders the suspension is what allows me to keep up with the youngsters and still be able to walk the next day its the best money you will ever spend except for the addition of a sterring damper that saves your back and wrists!!:D :D :D :D

Dune Surfer
01-31-2003, 06:41 PM
OK shocks it is. I'll call dusty next week after I file my taxes. C&D Racing.

Sparks425Ex
01-31-2003, 06:43 PM
Shocks....I know ya already made yur decision but i figured I would give ya my 2 cents anyway.

What kinda shocks ya getting?

Hopefully Elkas.:devil

Juggalo
01-31-2003, 11:06 PM
trust me on this one, the shocks will make you go faster than the carb.

lilpoppy
02-01-2003, 09:38 AM
I'm not so sure on that. I was racing my friend that has the exact same mods as me except for the carb and i was beating him by at least 6 lengths in a 200 yard drag. I know the shocks make it easier to ride and keep the tires on the ground more of the time but come on you are telling me you will get 6 lengths with shocks in a drag race?