PDA

View Full Version : What size is the stock carb? outlaw 90

seabeebuggy
04-03-2010, 12:35 PM
I was looking at carbs i see 20mm and 24mm not sure what is the best, 24mm ? What size is the stock one? Is there any draw back using a 24 on a mainly stock unit?

jetta75
04-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Stock is 18mm. Either one will work. The 20 may be better. I went with the PE24. The stock cable worked for me. It may depend on your intake though. I used the stock intake. Cut the flange off and openend up the inside to 25mm. It was some work, but needed it done and wouldn't have got one in time. You can find the intake kit seen at some places for $120 for $75 somewhere else online. I'll pm the link tomorrow.

seabeebuggy
04-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Thank you. is there a reason the 20 would work best? Too much fuel for a stock quad? I have the pipe and the cdi but still need more power. How about a cam?

seabeebuggy
06-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Any more info on this? Is the power gain measurable?
I have 1000$ to get this quad going with more power but if it is not in the cards I will just sell and get a 2 stroke polaris.

jetta75
06-02-2010, 12:51 AM
I know a honda trx90 big valve (25mm/22mm) head will work. You have to use a spacer if you use the stock cylinder so the valves don't hit the piston. You can buy spacers.
We have one more XC race this weekend then have a 2 month break. I'm going to put on a complete big valve head with cam. I'll have to get a honda cam gear since the outlaw is a 3 bolt and honda cam is 2 bolt. Both 28 teeth. I am going to order a 114 cylinder/piston also. I think I will have to have the few inches of the sleeve that sticks out of the fins into the cases of the Honda machined off. The stock Outlaw sleeve doesn't fit into the cases. That won't happen if the Honda wrist pin OD isn't the same as the Outlaw. It looks like they are both 13mm. With gaskets parts should be shipped for about $350.

airmobile101
06-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by jetta75
I know a honda trx90 big valve (25mm/22mm) head will work. You have to use a spacer if you use the stock cylinder so the valves don't hit the piston. You can buy spacers.
We have one more XC race this weekend then have a 2 month break. I'm going to put on a complete big valve head with cam. I'll have to get a honda cam gear since the outlaw is a 3 bolt and honda cam is 2 bolt. Both 28 teeth. I am going to order a 114 cylinder/piston also. I think I will have to have the few inches of the sleeve that sticks out of the fins into the cases of the Honda machined off. The stock Outlaw sleeve doesn't fit into the cases. That won't happen if the Honda wrist pin OD isn't the same as the Outlaw. It looks like they are both 13mm. With gaskets parts should be shipped for about $350.
Dude, Do I have to do all of that? You better gusset my frame with professional TIG!:devil:

seabeebuggy
06-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Please keep me informed on this. I am willing to do this if the power will go up to or at least close to 50%. Have you done this before? or know of a person? If so i would love a parts list. Or i can work out a deal with you for help. $$

jetta75
06-02-2010, 11:04 PM
"Dude, Do I have to do all of that? You better gusset my frame with professional TIG!" I was going to jb weld them on there so it looks good. ;)
I plan on trying it myself. It doesn't look that bad in my manual. I'll deff use your help to tune the clutch.

Seabeebuggy I know the head/cam will work, but the stock outlaw cylinder isn't tall enough without spacers. Don't know if the seat dyno will tell me how much more power, but I'll let airmobile101 ride it some more before and after I get it done.

I've got a maxrpm pipe/silencer, adj. CDI and a 24mm keihin PE carb. I cut the tabs off the stock intake and matched one end to carb ID. and other to head ID. I used the stock cable and it adjusted to open the carb all the way. I have a K&N clamped on about 5 inches off carb. I already have it mocked up to run the stock air box with the K&N inside and a dozen 1" Uni press in vents in the box and lid. He'll run through water any chance he gets so I have to try to make it work.

I will post if it works or not and were I got everything from.

airmobile101
06-03-2010, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by jetta75
"Dude, Do I have to do all of that? You better gusset my frame with professional TIG!" I was going to jb weld them on there so it looks good. ;)
I plan on trying it myself. It doesn't look that bad in my manual. I'll deff use your help to tune the clutch.

Seabeebuggy I know the head/cam will work, but the stock outlaw cylinder isn't tall enough without spacers. Don't know if the seat dyno will tell me how much more power, but I'll let airmobile101 ride it some more before and after I get it done.

I've got a maxrpm pipe/silencer, adj. CDI and a 24mm keihin PE carb. I cut the tabs off the stock intake and matched one end to carb ID. and other to head ID. I used the stock cable and it adjusted to open the carb all the way. I have a K&N clamped on about 5 inches off carb. I already have it mocked up to run the stock air box with the K&N inside and a dozen 1" Uni press in vents in the box and lid. He'll run through water any chance he gets so I have to try to make it work.

I will post if it works or not and were I got everything from.
This should be entertaining........
:D