PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Arms are here for Typhoon

Ride1Rob
04-02-2010, 09:35 PM
They're here! Finally done are the ChassisInc.Fab High Ground Clearance Arms. I made contact with 3 different companies and ChassisInc were the only ones that dove into this project full speed. These arms are +2 each side and will give the Typhoon 45inches of width. These are made of Chromolly steel and have USA made heims and balljoints. Since there are no other companies that currently make an A Arm setup for the Typhoon this is the only setup available and come at a VERY reasonable price. $525 for arms, heims, balljoints, and tierods/tierod ends (Complete set). Or if you want to keep the stock Typhoon heims and tie rod ends the price will be $350. The arms have a LIFETIME warranty. You bend/break they are warrantied. We'll have these in hand and mounted next Friday so more pictures will be added then as well as video footage.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/028ad90886.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/8f8f1a5a93.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/c15813f7e0.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

sand45
04-02-2010, 09:56 PM
WOW!!!! hurry up and mount them ....... they look nice cant wait for the pics.

What size shock will mount on those?

Ride1Rob
04-02-2010, 10:53 PM
The mount points are the same as the stock arms.

greenmachine70
04-03-2010, 02:18 PM
The J.A.M. Edition Arms, gotta love it.
JAM is the man, cant wait to see them in action soon.
Congrats Rob on finding a company that seems to have made this a priority.

fastrnrik
04-03-2010, 03:05 PM
JAM Edition a arms..... I love it! LOL

nordic quad
04-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by fastrnrik

X-2 The A-arms look great,the lil thumper is growing balls.

Stein A

Ride1Rob
04-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Thanx guys... The J.A.M. stands for "Jumping And Motorcross" edition arms. Jams nickname had no factor in why they dubbed them as such :chinese: lol. Seriously, I was blown when they told me this. They were very easy to work with and called and asked my opinion on the setup. Based on what I've seen from the Typhoon with our setup and the way the bike handles this is pretty much what we came up with. From the degree of bend of the arms to the heims. Only thing we didn't discuss were the rods. In the coming weeks will be an aftermarket swinger to go along with the arms as well. They also make arms for the big bikes but were only doing drag bikes as that's what their market is in the Oregon dunes. However, now they will be making J.A.M edition arms for big bikes and minis.

The Thumper is growing balls. You can build a machine but if not developed and given the proper parts to help it to compete you're behind the ball. I've been playing around with another head I have here and I think I can squeeze out another hp or two. I'll see Monday if we gained or lost anything on it. We're surely making progress in the right direction and I hope you guys are ready to hop on board... This is gonna be a nice enjoyable ride :muscle: . More to come in the near future ;) .

sand45
04-04-2010, 12:53 AM
These guys are with in 100 mile range for me ......mmaybe ill should go pay them a visit!!!!

:D

leager-n-ky
04-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by fastrnrik

X-3 Jam's the man!!! Those are sweet.

CRF420
04-06-2010, 09:43 PM
I was looking at the arms and well would it not be better if the mounts were on top of the arms instead of on the bottom?

Ride1Rob
04-07-2010, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by CRF420
I was looking at the arms and well would it not be better if the mounts were on top of the arms instead of on the bottom?

No it wouldn't... The problem with the stock arm mounts being on the bottom are the sorry welds not the mounting point. Over time if jumped (like stated above) those welds crack/break. That can be a disaster if not caught! ChassisInc's arms are Chromolly steel and the welds are 100x better than the stock setup. If they were to put the mounts on the top of the arm Typhoon owners would have to use a shorter shock which means LESS travel. Either that or the bend would have to be more radical which would have brought that area of the arm closer to the ground. That means more of the arm having a possibility of dragging in ruts. The bend of these arms are designed to raise the Typhoons front end higher as it sits way to low to the ground on the stock arms. THESE CURE ALL OF THE TYPHOONS FRONT END PROBLEMS! I spoke with Lew last night and he's going make some slight changes to the welds. He's going to make the tube welds to support the mounts rather than the flat welds on ours. This is merely for looks as we both thought that setup would be more appealing and look more in place.

CRF420
04-07-2010, 05:01 PM
would these arms lift the front end up higher than the arms that have the mounts on top the reason i ask is because i am 5'6 tall 170Lbs and i am building this atv up for my self and i am wanting to get more ground clearance what would you do to set this atv up for some one my size I would like to jump it a lil bit i know i need to reinforce the frame well just let know what your guys thoughts are thanks all so i am going to try to make a mono style swing arm for it with a longer shock i build pit bikes and race them but this is my first atv i really like it because its like a pit bike mixed with an atv i got the atv for $300 and i had a 140cc engine doing nothing so i put it in the typhoon and man it rips but i jumped it a lil bit and it would just bottom out so please let me know what you guys think thanks again

Ride1Rob
04-08-2010, 04:00 AM
The top mounted arms will not work with 13inch shocks. Not sure if they lift the bike higher/lower as ours didn't match up to our Elkas. With the combination of a 13inch shock and the arms I'd say it should be higher than the top mounted arms.

lilman
04-10-2010, 12:16 PM
i wish my son hadent out grown his they look great i still have a soft spot for these quads, i may just have to build a pit quad for myself lol we still have one left to play with <cr 85 motor> would be a nice touch

Ride1Rob
04-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Here's a quick pick. At the races....

CRF420
04-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Man the arms look nice lets get some better pics and how much taller is the front now?

sand45
04-10-2010, 09:48 PM
swingarms coming.........;)

greenmachine70
04-11-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by CRF420
Man the arms look nice lets get some better pics and how much taller is the front now?
watched them on the track last night and it was like he was riding on airwhen he landed.
Also definitely gives a LOT of front end clearance.
These arms are first class and built very well.
ChassisInc is clearly a serious company that is trying to get into the mini market and these arms will get them there.

Ride1Rob
04-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Definitely a night and day difference in handling. There was a nice double that Jam was afraid to hit and would rather case into it. The front suspension was soaking it up with no problem and there was no head jolting anytime he cased it. We got ALOT more clearance on the front but I can't say it's a certain number because I'm not sure of a precise number. Definitely top notch arms and we were getting compliments all nite on the setup. There will be some slight changes to make these perform even better. Also, ChassisInc will be making a better bracket where the tierod mounts to the spindle and a new swinger design is in the process that will accept both 10inch and 15inch rear shocks. With the parts being designed by ChassisInc the Typhoon is going to be a COMPLETELY solid bike all around.

Better pics....

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww35/ride1rob/2-4.jpg

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww35/ride1rob/3-4.jpg

hwf-racing
04-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Watching Jam last night was a big difference .He was flying higher and farther then I've seen and the little jumps on the corners were being absorb very well. The arms change the whole charecter of the quad from cornering to the straights and of course jumping. Rob, great edition!!! Derek

CRF420
04-11-2010, 11:40 PM
Man again the arms are sweet looking who do I go through to get a set and the new swing arm is it going to be a big bike style one or still like the stock crf 50 one will it be any longer? thanks all so do you know where to get a skid plate for these if not ill just make one but it would be nice just to find one to buy

Ride1Rob
04-12-2010, 08:24 AM
They can do + or - swingers. They have Sand45's complete Typhoon in house now and will be making parts for the problematic areas on the bike. Sand has them looking at an aftermarket +1 Stem for the Typhoon as well.

Ride1Rob
04-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Some asked for a side view. These are with full size 18x8x9 rear tires. Same size as LTR450 so it brought the rear up quite a bit. We have 8inches of ground clearance the way it sits ;)

CRF420
04-17-2010, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
The top mounted arms will not work with 13inch shocks. Not sure if they lift the bike higher/lower as ours didn't match up to our Elkas. With the combination of a 13inch shock and the arms I'd say it should be higher than the top mounted arms.

I got the 13in shocks mounted with the top mount A-arms LOL :D

Ride1Rob
04-17-2010, 08:02 AM
I had to compress the shock to get it to fit. By compressing the shock you're automatically losing travel and on a real hard landing that could cause coil/spring binding or bending/breaking your shaft. (Ouch and goodbye Elka shock). Even with the stock shocks I found the upper mount arms to be a tight fit. So I chose to go back to the crappy stock arms at the time because I knew the bike wouldn't handle properly and it could cause us a set of shocks in the long run.

leager-n-ky
04-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
I had to compress the shock to get it to fit. By compressing the shock you're automatically losing travel and on a real hard landing that could cause coil/spring binding or bending/breaking your shaft. (Ouch and goodbye Elka shock). Even with the stock shocks I found the upper mount arms to be a tight fit. So I chose to go back to the crappy stock arms at the time because I knew the bike wouldn't handle properly and it could cause us a set of shocks in the long run.

X 2...