PDA

View Full Version : who makes 08-09- adjustable needle

DnB_racing
04-02-2010, 09:05 PM
has any body put an adjustable needle jet in there 16100-hp1-a02 or 08 09 quad if so who makes it I checked dyno and moose the type is diff from my carb any help please

atv fan 28
04-02-2010, 10:45 PM
i ordered a LTE slip on for my R, and they sent me one of their needles. i used the HRC one instead.

DnB_racing
04-02-2010, 10:50 PM
what style was it? -did the throttle body have a set screw on top of the needle or was it the hex head with washer underneath to hold the needle from moving

atv fan 28
04-02-2010, 10:55 PM
it was just a regular needle with 7 notches

DnB_racing
04-02-2010, 11:40 PM
thats not what I mean how was it secured to the throttle body did it have a allen head set screw and spring on the top of the needle or did it hane a hex head with the sprin under the hex head between the circlip Its kind hard to describe but do what you can to describe the top of throttle body the way the needle is supported to it thank you for ansering

cwr~413
04-04-2010, 08:29 AM
when you say throttle body are you talking about the slide? as far as i know all the needles are adjustable.

they way the needle is retained in the slide depends on which arb you have i think. i would have to look at the micro fiche too be sure.

DnB_racing
04-04-2010, 08:42 AM
you call it the throttle slide its the part that does actually open and close the throttle. its a throttle valve or throttle body thats what i have allways called it but the needle in that the carb that I just bought has a complete diff one in it than.all of the jet kits have Im sure there is someone that sells this style but I cant find them

DnB_racing
04-04-2010, 08:52 AM
the needle with adjustable circlip cant find this style have checked dyno and moose thay have the 06 07 style there have been sevaral slite changes that the carb has gone through thruot the years and Im looking for someone that has this style of needle not with SET SCREW on top with spring under set screwbut the one I need has a HEX HEAD on top that has to be removed then the spring is under that they are completly diff and the jet kits that my parst guy has dont work

cwr~413
04-04-2010, 10:11 AM
shoot me a pm with a phone number and i do some research for you and call.

cwr~413
04-04-2010, 01:09 PM
after some checking there is only really 2 different jet needle holders. you have the round slide ( 04-05 ) with 1 arm on the throttle shaft arm anf the flat slide 06 and up with 2 arms on the throttle shaft arm. the 06 jet needle holder is a little different than the 07 and up.

the 07 and up has a nut (the nut is bigger than 06), a spring and a spring seat above the jet needle where the 06 has just has a nut. so there is really only 3e "different" carbs. well from 04- 09 anyway.

cwr~413
04-04-2010, 01:27 PM
after rereading your post only the 04-05 jet needle has an adjustable clip position. the 06 and 07 and up needlesdo not have different positions. well from the factory anyway. i think the 04-05 needle is shorter than the 06 and up needles.

i can check next week at work to see if there is any aftermarket or hrc adjustable needles for the 06 and up.

DnB_racing
04-04-2010, 02:11 PM
actually there have been several sligt modificationsthat have been done to tweek the hot start even though this carb doesnt have hot start they use same componets. this carb has a short manufaction run and it looks like I could use the hole throttle body so I can use the needle with the adjustable groves. the needle is different than the 06 I have them both in my hand. and its different than the jet kits that i have looked at Im looking for someone that has jetted this carb and what manufacture make the needle and a part number if possible

DnB_racing
04-04-2010, 02:20 PM
this carb is a 08 but the number is actually 09 it is - 16100-hp1-ao2-- has any body jetted a 09 carb, if so what manufacture did you use, i think I can get this jet fron sudco they specialize in KEHIN carbs, but Id like to find a whole jet kit. Im sure dyno makes one but i cant it, the one I found fits the other style with the set screw on top of throttle body not this typemy parst guy only found one jet kit the fits 06-09 and its the wrong one for this carb

cwr~413
04-04-2010, 02:54 PM
if it doesn't have a hot start it is an er carb. only the r had hot start. i'm going by the 09 fsm . maybe honda doesn't show the short manufacturing run carbs in the factory manual.;) . by the manual ( which as i said honda may have not put a short production run carb in there) the only adjustable needle was for an 04-05.if that is the case you can't use the slide because it is round and the one you have is flat. the hrc needle may bbe adjustable. its been a long time since i have had one of those kits in my hand. i can look at the micro fiche when i get to work tuesday and see. i can also look and see how many part numbers they list for the hot start.

also 06 and 07s had a 120 main and 08 and 09s had 122. the air screw turns out wasw also a little different.

DnB_racing
04-04-2010, 03:07 PM
ya this is frustrating i thought I could get a dyno jet kit and be done with it but thats not the case, like I said I will probly have to call sudco they can get me what I need, But I do think I can use the throttle valve from my 06 in this carb the only diierence looks like the needle, every thing esle looks the same on the throttle valve I dont realy need a jet kit but it would have been easier I have to rejet the carb anyways with a 170 main and a 48 pilot but I like the adjustable needle for when I ride near the ocean then the next day in the mountains

R3Concepts
04-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Use the NCVQ needle.

DnB_racing
04-04-2010, 08:09 PM
thank you R3 Ill google that to find info I appreciate it I knew there was an answer somewhere

R3Concepts
04-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
thank you R3 Ill google that to find info I appreciate it I knew there was an answer somewhere

Try your local Yamaha dealer first. Sudco will have them for sure if your dealer does not. Start in the middle clip.

quad71
04-07-2010, 11:11 PM
I have 06 hrc jet in my 09 the only thing differnt on the 06 jet is at the very top there is no (fixed washer) so now when i want to adjust clip i losen set nut and grab the jet with neddle nose . with the 09 jet you dont have to do that because of the fixed washer pulls the jet out with set nut so you can use 06 and up jet if you want the best jet kit contact baldwin. or the NCVQ my jetting baldwin recomended fuel screw 1 1/2 turn out 42 pilot hrc neddle 162 main. i have slip on pipe no air box lid uni filter hotcams stage 2 green wire mod before i talked to baldwin i was running a 170 main.

Z-135
04-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Woodward has a kit with the HRC needle, leak jet and main jet. $32