PDA

View Full Version : Modding my 250r

livetoride249
04-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Hey, I just recently got a 250r. I was wondering what i should do to it, but i want a topend to continue to last me. Right now i replace every other summer. I'd like it to stay that way.. I ride hard, But i'm a woods/pit rider. I've been on the ESR, CT, and DRI websites. I really like the fatboy and PTR exhaust set up.. That is the exhaust i am dead set on buying unless convinced other wise. How much reliability would i be cutting down if i went to a 310 or 330? but just tell me if you could, without a budget, spend any amount on a 250r, what would you do to it, performance/cosmetics wise.

Derrick Adams
04-03-2010, 06:56 AM
I think ESR's combo deal is one of the best "bang for the buck" deals out there. In my opinion you won't lose any reliability and you will gain power everywhere. From the type of riding you described, I would go with the TRX7 cylinder and pipe set-up. Phase 2 would be a nice port job from C- Neil or Jason Hall and a new 36-38mm carb along with a V-Force reed cage.

That's where I would stop with the engine and then invest in shocks. Actually shocks is the first place to spend money, but it sounds like you want to do engine mods.

2-330s
04-03-2010, 07:11 AM
i raced my sparks 330 motor for two seasons 210 comp,klotz supertecnoplate 40:1,110 sunco,39pwk,sparks tt pipe,wiseco piston. i ran almost every weekend. flat track,ice racing,drag race,tt and some trail riding.i checked the compression regularly and it never dropped,so i rebuilt it to make sure the piston didn't fatigue and crack(piece of mind)

250rPRIDE
04-03-2010, 07:18 AM
i think that a p-turner pipe is about the best, i have used every pipe they make and they all work awsome depending on your app. but if you just rip in the woods and want to be reliable and your not pressed for cash, go for the dri turner pc 2000 set-up's you cant go with the 265 or 275 up to a 340< not necessary.. this set-up in a 265 will be a great set-up for what you want and it will last, being a woods rider you will lover the power valve. and you shouldnt have to touch your stock trans, and your crank will last longer vs. big bore's. but ask steve 321r1 he has one on his bike..

livetoride249
04-03-2010, 08:44 PM
yeah suspension and tires is a big key thing. I was thinking of just doing a bore to a 265. putting on the PTR exhaust with fatboy2 silencer. then getting the woods port job/polish. putting on coolhead, unless it's a gimmick? and vforce 3 reeds.

Atlanta
04-04-2010, 11:21 PM
I run mine in the woods a good bit.

I run a cr250r HPP head ported with a 39mm carb.

I do not remember which reed cage is in there currently,I have about 50 of them.

but I run a Paul Turner exhaust with the silencer or my Answer Silencer.

The power valves help a ton,while it's no 4 stroke it is better.

It is no scrub either.I raced a big bore 250r yesterday.

Now mine is not std either but no 330.

I could not leave him but had him by a half of bike.

I also agree that suspension is where its at.

I run fox shocks,but elka or pep,there are a ton of good shock out there,check eBay or a part out on here for a good deal used.

Not trying to plug in,if you need a good top end pm me,I have my parts listed on here and eBay.

I have over 20 pistons,5 cylinders,2cranks with fresh bearings,spare cases,spare hub/gen

I will let some of it go at a good buy.

Best of luck.

livetoride249
04-05-2010, 05:40 AM
Yeah i'm thinking of some works shocks with rezzies something cheap that will get me by. that ESR powervalve sounds nasty, with a .15 over bore. and the vforce, pipe etc. should i get something to help the flow of coolant?