PDA

View Full Version : EX riders Glamis trip

Dune Surfer
01-27-2003, 09:08 PM
I really wish we could get a trip together this year. It would be a lot of fun. Who wants the job of setting it up?

Str8Wicked
01-28-2003, 09:10 AM
When you planning it for... who is interested since it isn't worth the effort if no one is even interested in going...?

own2424
01-28-2003, 10:58 AM
Im not sure when Ill be back in AZ again. HOw far is GLAMIS from SanDiego? Because my Uncle might be moving from Yuma, Az to San Diego! Make it a BIG weekend and I might be able to make it!

Str8Wicked
01-28-2003, 12:07 PM
Actually glamis is closer to SD.. I think a 2 - 2 1/2 hour drive... I make it in 3 hours now that the highway is open all the way there... That's doing about 80 thou pulling a trailer.

TheChknhwk
01-29-2003, 08:57 AM
I can make it in 36hrs, what day is it?

Hawk

Str8Wicked
02-18-2003, 12:04 PM
so whats the plans.. anyone else interested...

rhandw69
02-18-2003, 01:05 PM
I would try and make the trip from washington here, but yeah id be interested.

SobeAHonda
02-18-2003, 05:32 PM
I would be interested just tell me a date and I might have my own truck by then...if not my dad'll have to come.

Dune Surfer
02-18-2003, 05:40 PM
The next time we'll be out is March 8th.

generalg
02-19-2003, 08:34 PM
I'm planning a trip for next fall/winter. It's going to take about 26HRS to get to Glamis. Trying to get a bunch of guys around the Kansas/Oklahoma area to go!

Big - D Racing
02-20-2003, 01:42 PM
I may be open to go. We should agree on a date.

MikEXtreme
02-20-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
The next time we'll be out is March 8th.

Did you get your 426 complete......I might be going out there on the 8th. Let me know.

Str8Wicked
02-20-2003, 02:33 PM
The 8th seems like a good weekend... Maybe I can roll too...

Dune Surfer
02-20-2003, 05:22 PM
I got all the parts back from the machine shop today ( Had to have oversized studs installed ) I'm going to start on it tonight. It should be ready by this weekend, I'll try to get it broken in this weekend also.
I'm going the 28th of this month and I'll go the 8th too. By the 8th I should have my quad dialed in.....LETS GO:D

Str8Wicked
02-21-2003, 08:43 AM
I might be down tor oll next weekend as well. If you you see the Avi just give me a hollar....

Dune Surfer
02-21-2003, 11:25 PM
I'll be looking for you. I got my quad back together today. We will be at roadrunner campground. Look for a gold Ford ranger with plates tha say (dune atv). Lets go for a ride.

Str8Wicked
02-26-2003, 03:46 PM
I was going this weekend but my back is kinda still sore from the accident in the Avi.... Think I'm rolling out next weekend thou for the 8th as long as my back is feeling better...

roostu
02-26-2003, 04:53 PM
I live in Tucson, I don't think i can make it to the 8th but mabey a week or two after that. I know in the group i go with 3 of them are members of this forum, so we would all go together.

~Roost-U

Str8Wicked
02-26-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by roostu
I live in Tucson, I don't think i can make it to the 8th but mabey a week or two after that. I know in the group i go with 3 of them are members of this forum, so we would all go together.

~Roost-U

I know most of the guys down here roll quite often. From what I here Aftermarket say, he goes almost every week. i usually go every couple weeks..... Just throw a new post on here the week before you go and most of the guys will reply if they will be going or not...

300exTJjeeper
02-27-2003, 12:54 AM
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO,

I'm down for Glamis about 3 hours away no problem, Just got a new stem, pipe, and air filter, rejetting this weekened, And Glamis would be just the spot to hang out after it's dialed.

I'll see if I can get soem of mine friends to go to, It's been like like 2 years since I went there, Used to go there and party with my Jeepers CLub but since I bought me a quad this year, it'a a whole new sport,

whooooooohooooooooooooo

300exTJjeeper
02-27-2003, 12:59 AM
In speaking of Dunes, What paddles are good out there and are cheap to get, I need to get rims and paddles, looking at the skates, but would like some info from the Duners out there,

Thanks in Advance for the info and suggestion.

Str8Wicked
02-27-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by 300exTJjeeper
In speaking of Dunes, What paddles are good out there and are cheap to get, I need to get rims and paddles, looking at the skates, but would like some info from the Duners out there,

Thanks in Advance for the info and suggestion.

I run skat traks and you can't beat them for the price. You can get the cheapest rims and tire combo at Rockymountainatv.com

I'm in Los Angeles and even when paying shipping it was cheaper than anyone around here. Haulers will be quicker for your 300 but the V paddle will be more rider friendly... What type of Jeep you got. I always roll t Glamis with my friends who have nothing but Jeeps.... There always at Azuza Canyon on Sundays....

300exTJjeeper
02-27-2003, 03:34 PM
THanks for the Info,
Mine is a Rock Crawler and daiy driver, 98 TJ, lifted 5", 4.56 gears, 8000I winch, skid plates galore, on board air, I could go on, but it'll take forever and everything else that to do with rock crawling. Been doing that for about 4 years now and just bought me a quad so it's new sport and crazy one in fact

Where at in LA you from I'm over here in Lakewood it is right next door to Long Beach???????

I'll check out Rocky Mountain and get some paddles.

WHOoooooohoooooooo

Str8Wicked
02-27-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by 300exTJjeeper
THanks for the Info,
Mine is a Rock Crawler and daiy driver, 98 TJ, lifted 5", 4.56 gears, 8000I winch, skid plates galore, on board air, I could go on, but it'll take forever and everything else that to do with rock crawling. Been doing that for about 4 years now and just bought me a quad so it's new sport and crazy one in fact

Where at in LA you from I'm over here in Lakewood it is right next door to Long Beach???????

I'll check out Rocky Mountain and get some paddles.

WHOoooooohoooooooo

I work in downtown LA, live in La Puente...

Well we are rolling out next week so I'll let you know where we will camp before... If not just look for my Avi like I tell everyone...

D-4our
03-01-2003, 12:52 AM
I'm up for the trip. ive been wanting to got there for the longest time and im only about 7 hours away. I just gotta wait till my dad gets back from the middle east and hopefully hell take me.:macho

oldnumberseven
03-01-2003, 06:26 AM
I may be able to make the March 8th trip if my ribs heal up by then (Took a nasty spill on my xr50 on monday) I am dying to ride....have not been out since the week after t-giving. Last year I went every week from Halloween to Easter.....stayed for ten days over t-giving.....best season yet! I am hoping next year will beat it.

300exTJjeeper
03-02-2003, 02:34 AM
Hey wicked,

When you heading out, It's been like 2 maybe 3 years since I been there and I'm pretty such it changed alot. I might head out like Friday morning ot something, I got 2 weeks off from school so I can jet anytime I want. Maybe we can meet up there on the 10 like at the Dinsours or something if not that's cool.

Might get a map or soemthing.

Str8Wicked
03-05-2003, 08:49 AM
I'm heading out about 2pm most likely. I figure I'm leaving work at 12 and by the time I get the grub and my trailer hooked up it will be about 2 pm.....

Let me know..

ride4life521
01-24-2011, 07:05 PM
o glamis sometime in mid february...i have a 15 year old son and 12 year old daughter..... my concern with the kids is all the partying that i read about and saw online. i mean is it like that all the time that girls are flasihng and doing all kinds of wild stuff or is that only on holiday? is it like an x rated party every night?

thanks!

dariusld
01-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by ride4life521
my concern with the kids is all the partying that i read about and saw online. i mean is it like that all the time that girls are flasihng and doing all kinds of wild stuff or is that only on holiday? is it like an x rated party every night?

thanks!

Man, I go to Glamis all the time and have never seen this party your talking about. Could you give me directions?

Seriously though, I would be more concerned for their safety while they are riding around, especially around the popular hills. Some of those big buggy drivers are crazy. Just make sure they pay attention and have their heads on a swivel.

ride4life521
01-25-2011, 12:27 AM
i appreciate your response...thank you so much!

i guess the internet is over doing it with that....

just google glamis sand sluts or glamis gone wild an du will see what im talking about....

ok now i feel much better about going there with the fam...
tnx for the advice as well.