PDA

View Full Version : Dont wanna get ripped off!!

juice420
04-02-2010, 07:27 PM
So here's the deal...
Ive had my 06 KFX for a bout 2 1/2 years now and I'm thinking of taking it to the stealer I mean dealer to have the valves checked. Well, I really don't want to get ripped off by taking it in to them and having them do absolutely nothing and then tell me its fixed. I would check them myself but I really don't trust my mechanical skills, (even with a manual). So, any ideas how I can be sure they actually do the work?

2muchquad
04-03-2010, 03:33 PM
get a manual and look around on you tube im sure theres a video of it being done,its not bad dont let valve adjustment scare you;)

juice420
04-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by 2muchquad
get a manual and look around on you tube im sure theres a video of it being done,its not bad dont let valve adjustment scare you;)

I've already got a manual like i said in my post....but anyway I got some good info over at KawieRiders.com

6988june
04-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Hey man, dont be frightened with valves. Just pull the valve cover off (three bolts) and you will see the cams, just use a feeler gauges to ensure they are shimmed correctly. Not too bad at all

YOURADHERE
04-06-2010, 07:59 AM
Its really not hard. In the words of my buddy, if you can read, you can do mechanic work as long as you follow the manual.