PDA

View Full Version : jets

honda400ex2003
04-02-2010, 03:19 PM
does anyone have a stock needle, some jets from 175-190 and a couple of pilots that are a 52 and a 54 for the 450 carb that they would like to get rid of. I think that my dynojet needle is messing with me lol. I just cant get it exactly how i want it with the needle that is in there. let me know a price if you have any of them. thanks steve

honda400ex2003
04-02-2010, 03:35 PM
or at least the number for the stock needle on the jets r us site if you know what it is? thanks steve

honda400ex2003
04-02-2010, 03:52 PM
I am giving up on the dyno jets lol time to convert it back to the stock stuff and see how it goes. It was running great with a slight studder just at around 1/8 when it would start to lift the needle then it would run great after that. I was at a 160, 4th clip position, and around 3 turns out with a slight pop on decel. I would go to the 3rd clip and lose the studder but it would not pull as nice as it would on the 4th. I think it is just too lean on the pilot and it was burning up the gas too fast and studdering but am not sure. I know that the tip white and the bottom was black, that is how i came to the conclusion of the pilot being too lean. lol. I know the main is good and the needle feels like it should be on the 4th clip but i think the dj needle is just a bit messed up on me. lol. I plan to get a jets r us kit with a 165-190, 50 and 52 pilot, and a needle to start again with it. I plan to put in the 180 and it should be good with that, a 50 pilot at around 2.5 turns out, and the stock needle on the 4th position and see how it goes. Also i will have a dyno jet kit for my 400 for sale if anyone is interested. It is a complete kit with the directions, a dj sticker, the adaptor, 400 needle and all of the jets. I have an extra adaptor and i will throw in the 175 dj that was in the 450 carb when i got it too. I wont send the needle from the 450 carb though since i am not sure what it is. I would like to get $20 for the kit since it is a complete 400ex kit. Steve

bkelley
04-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Good luck, dude. You might just want to just pick up one of the kits from Jets R Us. I'm hoping I don't run into any troubles running the DJ needle with the Keihin jets in mine. I think I'm so close I might be able to get where I need with adjusting the f/a screw. I'd have to drop from a 168 to a 165 if I changed the main and I think that would be too much. I finally tracked down a plug wrench, though, so I'll be able to see where I'm really at. Just need to get out to a place where I can do a chop at. Don't think My neighborhood is the best place haha.

honda400ex2003
04-04-2010, 08:30 AM
thanks for the luck, lol. I need it, I am going to get a 450 kit from jets r us this week, and try to find a needle for it in the mean time. I have to get a couple of pilots also and then i think i will be good. I need to put in a 50 at least and try it since it is too lean and makes the plug look lean on the tip but the rest of it is a bit on the rich side till i can get a pilot. lol. I didnt want to have it all dialed and then have the pilot lean so i moved the needle clip down to make it rich enough to compensate once it hits the needle. good luck with yours this weekend. lol. it is raining here today, steve