PDA

View Full Version : PRO X cylinder cooling issues?

Honda 250r 001
04-02-2010, 08:34 AM
What temp does your pro x 310 cylinder run at? Mine runs at a steady 205 when im moving good in the open. And god only knows how hot when im in the trails. Ive looked down multiple times though and its been 225 when im in the tight technical trails. Do the pro x cylinders have a cooling problem? Is the stock 250r radiator that small? Hell, its HUGE compared to the raptor!

could my water pump possibly be bad?

Oh and by the way, the readings im getting is from my ESR temp guage. On the top hose, which means that the radiator has not cooled the coolant by that time.

morse250r
04-02-2010, 08:39 PM
mine runs 180-190 with engine ice

Aceman
04-02-2010, 08:50 PM
I used to run 180 with just antifreeze/water. I also have scoops.

Does your bumper have a big screen across it blocking airflow?

When was the last time you blew out your radiator fins so you could see daylight all the way through it?

Honda 250r 001
04-03-2010, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Aceman
I used to run 180 with just antifreeze/water. I also have scoops.

Does your bumper have a big screen across it blocking airflow?

When was the last time you blew out your radiator fins so you could see daylight all the way through it?

radiator is completely clean, in great shape too not many bent fins. And i have scoops.

C-LEIGH RACING
04-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Get you some new pump gaskets & pull the cover off that pump & see if the impeller is worn on the end.

Lot of times when the bearing goes out on the pump shaft, it will let the shaft wobble & wear the end of the impeller blades from it rubbing aginst the defuser tin.
Most people when they pull the pump down, they never notice the wearing on the end thinking its suppose to look like that if they have never bought a brand new impeller.
If its worn, its not pumping coolant like its suppose to.
Neil

Honda 250r 001
04-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
Get you some new pump gaskets & pull the cover off that pump & see if the impeller is worn on the end.

Lot of times when the bearing goes out on the pump shaft, it will let the shaft wobble & wear the end of the impeller blades from it rubbing aginst the defuser tin.
Most people when they pull the pump down, they never notice the wearing on the end thinking its suppose to look like that if they have never bought a brand new impeller.
If its worn, its not pumping coolant like its suppose to.
Neil

I noticed that my water pump bearing was a little loose last time I took it off. (About 20 hours ago) So ill replace the bearing, and the impellar if there affordable at bikebandit.
Thanks!