PDA

View Full Version : C&D vs GT THUNDER vs JET vs DERISI

ltothaj1
04-01-2010, 07:01 AM
i am going to stock conversions instead of aftermarket because of the difference in price, and these are the 4companies i have narrowed it down to...looks like GT thunder is the cheapest, but i was looking for triple rate fronts and dual rate backs and they only offer a dual/single set up, and jet is the most expensive but i dont know that much about them, and i have heard nothing but good things about C&D and Derisi and they are close in price, which ever i decide on i am looking to get there best setup available, with the rear link, i was just looking for a little more info, and figured there are some people on here that havce used this companies and just want a little info, and i run XC, long travel

thanks, any info greatly appreciated

Pappy
04-01-2010, 07:10 AM
Honestly, there isnt a clear winner. All mentioned (except Jet, never heard of them or seen feedback) will do a good job. My advice is to add up what you get for your dollar frome ach, make a call to each and base your choice on who handles your needs the best. None of them are huge salesman, all are honest and will tell you straight.

If I had a 3 sided coin, I would be happy with whoever won:p

ltothaj1
04-01-2010, 07:53 AM
yeah, you are right, i figured i would be gettin a good setup with any of these, thats why i narrowed it down to them but i really wasnt askin for whos best, i just wanted to get some feedback on all of them, see what kind of service and results everybody had and ask a few more questions along the way...

thanks alot pappy

keep em' comin guys, really appreciate it

m0t0xk1d
04-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by ltothaj1
i run XC, long travel

you cant run stock shocks with long travel a arms.... you will need long travel shocks

Scro
04-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by m0t0xk1d
you cant run stock shocks with long travel a arms.... you will need long travel shocks

Jet can now make the stock shocks LT shocks. They have definitely upped the bar on the other companies, in my opinion.

tscracing
04-05-2010, 11:17 PM
CHeck out Hygear suspension. com. I love my shocks that they worked on. Ross is a great guy to work with!

04-05-2010, 11:34 PM
damn Jet is a new one on me! I'm more of a proven type of person, what setup has been proven to work great time and time again. Hygear is another option. I mean theres plenty of people out there that do this type of thing, even peopl elocally (for me atleast). Its all who you feel really knows what they are doing and who you are comfortable with.

mxduner
04-08-2010, 12:57 AM
c&d treated me very well;)

trx416m
04-10-2010, 08:34 PM
I run stock shocks on my quad all redone by hygear and they can make you any kind of spring kit you want with their 'twisted' springs and i had them put high/low compresion adjustments on mine. Couldnt be happier with the result.