PDA

View Full Version : hill climbing info

THORrider350
04-01-2010, 05:21 AM
hey i spent the morning searching this thread and just kinda wondering a little bit more. i cam from a yfz that was built pretty good never had any issues climbing hills once i took it down one tooth in the front. wondering if i do the same on my ltr if that is enough, truely just want it to be setup for climbing. going super fast on straight aways isnt needed.

any ideas?

i have 22s in front, 20s in rear, cherry bomb, weisco piston, hot cams, pro armour skids, stock sprockets

LTandRaptorider
04-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by THORrider350
hey i spent the morning searching this thread and just kinda wondering a little bit more. i cam from a yfz that was built pretty good never had any issues climbing hills once i took it down one tooth in the front. wondering if i do the same on my ltr if that is enough, truely just want it to be setup for climbing. going super fast on straight aways isnt needed.

any ideas?

i have 22s in front, 20s in rear, cherry bomb, weisco piston, hot cams, pro armour skids, stock sprockets

Yes, go down 1 tooth on the front sprocket and you'll be good. I have the same tire size as you, cherry bomb, airbox lid off and have never felt the need for more power in hill-climbing.

THORrider350
04-02-2010, 06:50 AM
thanks man i appreciate it.