PDA

View Full Version : Next time you drive...

TM426
03-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Every person who gets a drivers license should watch this video prior. Its sad but next time your in a hurry think about what could happen.

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/e70_1269960841"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/e70_1269960841" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" width="450" height="370"></embed></object

Robin Hood
04-01-2010, 10:39 AM
I got chills down my spine in every single clip. Good post.

younggun95
04-01-2010, 11:28 AM
There is a program going through some of the high schools right now called Every 15 minutes. Every 15 minutes someone in the U.S.is injured or killed by a drunk driver.

They stage a mock accident at their school where a student gets killed, the driver lives and actually has to go to court and jail for a small amount of time.
A number of students in the school are also killed by alcohol related accidents and cops actually go to the parents house to inform them.

Its an extremely eye-opening program for the students involved and their friends and families. I have participated and was actually one of the ones who died. I had to read a letter that my parents wrote to me after they were informed, and it was one of the hardest things Ive ever had to do. I don't think any of us who were involved got through without crying.

KXRida
04-01-2010, 10:10 PM
I see 95% of the aftermath of crashes like that with my job. I can tell you it's not pretty. Drive safely.... Most of all where you're helmets on the quads.

04-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Great post. When I took drivers ED they showed us a bunch of videos like this.

gcart2
04-02-2010, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by younggun95
There is a program going through some of the high schools right now called Every 15 minutes. Every 15 minutes someone in the U.S.is injured or killed by a drunk driver.

They stage a mock accident at their school where a student gets killed, the driver lives and actually has to go to court and jail for a small amount of time.
A number of students in the school are also killed by alcohol related accidents and cops actually go to the parents house to inform them.

Its an extremely eye-opening program for the students involved and their friends and families. I have participated and was actually one of the ones who died. I had to read a letter that my parents wrote to me after they were informed, and it was one of the hardest things Ive ever had to do. I don't think any of us who were involved got through without crying.

Prom Promise. they do this at our high school. and yes it is VERY eye opening. its amazing how much money our school puts into it to make it realistic. they do a couple movies, talk to people and they finish a movie with a play which has a car crash in our school parking lot. very crazy indeed.

aDviSol2y
04-02-2010, 08:30 AM
All I have to say is WOW!

416exfreak
04-02-2010, 08:43 AM
Im not gonna lie.. that video is moving. Very moving.

I usually drive 5 under the speed limit anyways. Gas is to expensive and my truck likes it.. alot.

The saddest part was all of the people that hit women and children.. :(

qballd50
04-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Man That Is Crazy!
Really good Post!
You Guys/Gals Drive Safe!

bert400
04-02-2010, 02:20 PM
wow man...very very good post!

BlaineKaiser450
04-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Most people don't realize how dangerous driving really is. You can be the best driver in the world and still get into a bad crash, because 98% of the people on the road with you, have NO idea what they are doing. At all. I just got my permit 2 weeks ago, and I have already encountered about 5 people that would have hit me pretty good if I wasn't playing attention closely. Most were either on cell phones, blasting music, or just flat out not paying attention. I take driving even more seriously than when I'm racing my quad, and I wish more people felt that way.

They do that Every 15 Minutes program at my school every 2 years also. I'm only a freshman so I have not had a chance to experience it yet, but I have heard good things about it and I look forward to it.

k4f5x0r
04-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
Most people don't realize how dangerous driving really is. You can be the best driver in the world and still get into a bad crash, because 98% of the people on the road with you, have NO idea what they are doing. At all. I just got my permit 2 weeks ago, and I have already encountered about 5 people that would have hit me pretty good if I wasn't playing attention closely. Most were either on cell phones, blasting music, or just flat out not paying attention. I take driving even more seriously than when I'm racing my quad, and I wish more people felt that way.

They do that Every 15 Minutes program at my school every 2 years also. I'm only a freshman so I have not had a chance to experience it yet, but I have heard good things about it and I look forward to it.

I just got my permit about a month ago and the amount of idiots i see on the road is ridiculous. Maybe It's just me because i grew up on things with motors, but operating a car is litterally 2nd nature to me. I really dont have to think while driving. What i do have to do is watch these other morons on the road to make sure they know what they are doing(which is never)

QuadJunkies
04-04-2010, 12:31 AM
IVe been driving on the wk ends with my Daughter and she scares the **** out of me each time as a passenger. lol

She seriously races better than she drives . :o

I will be the mean parent and make her ride with her permit abit longer than maybe her freinds are ,but Im not prepared to just let her go until I feel shes ready .

chances of getting in a wreck are very high at least once in your life. IVe been in two when I was younger and was very lucky