PDA

View Full Version : Which tire?? ITP Holeshot HDs vs MudLite SPs

redneck2725
03-31-2010, 08:04 PM
I'm torn 50/50. I really like the HDs, and have never heard a bad thing about them whatsoever. I do ride in alot of areas the have mud, rocks, creeks, etc.
I also always had Mud Lites on my utility quads, and they have not let me done once so I cannot decide which way to go. Mud Lites are approx. $50 cheaper per set. Looking for any opinions on this situation. BTW, these will be going on a 07 Predator

http://www.jcmotors.com/images/PRODUCT/large/JCM-MudliteSP.jpg

http://www.itptires.com/images/08products/holeshot_hd_lg.jpg

PaRedneckRiders
04-01-2010, 09:22 AM
i have mudlites on the rear of my 400ex and persoally dont like them
Ive had holeshots on every other quad i had i really like them
but thats juz my opinion
i do alot of trail riding some messing around on the mx track and whatever else but
idk its personal preference if your in more deep mud going slow i would go with the mud lites
it your going fast and flying through little mudd holes id go with the holeshots

Shawthy33
04-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Mudlights just don't look right to me on a sport wheeler.....complete opinion based on looks but they look funny

Trxman300
04-07-2010, 10:39 AM
i have the mud lights on my 300ex. they are awesome for the wet days and towing a buddy home. but i want to take them off for summer. i have some itp gncc's 20' waiting for me brand new. i think the mudlights take fun away because its harder to slide around and whatnot... but its all about wether your a slow rider or a speed deamon

levonskinator
04-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Shawthy33
Mudlights just don't look right to me on a sport wheeler.....complete opinion based on looks but they look funny

^^ I agree they look a lil funny. For a sport quad, the cons seem to outweigh the pros. Yes, they are great through mud and such, but they will not handle nearly as well as the HD's. If you are going through deep mud, you might want to consider a 4x4.

IcutMetl
04-10-2010, 08:11 AM
I know you didn't mention Razr's, but I have Razr2's on my 250R and they do REDICULOUSLY good, especially in the soupy stuff. I have crawled thru frame deep swampy sections in first gear kneeling on the seat. I thought the Holeshot XCR's I had on my 400ex were awesome for all-around (and they are) until I got these. Just a thought...I have also heard LOTS of good things about the HD's, but I would go with the GNCC's if you're a Holeshot guy...lugs are definitely spaced out more and I'm pretty sure they're lighter as well.

wild250rman
04-10-2010, 08:33 AM
Had HD's on my 450r went with 21" gncc this season and am loving them. My son liked them real well also and we put them on his atv.

juiced418
04-10-2010, 09:16 PM
I have both for my built (460) 400ex. We ride in pittsfeild ma. and the riding is a lot of rock and mud. I like the mudlites for that type of riding. When I go out localy in tobacco field and woods the HD are top notch. The mudlites I run ae 22" and they hook on everything but frozen ground. In the winter the quad just spins as it has to much torque and brakes loose. The HD's are 20" and are better formx/xc racing than mudlites. I also agree mudlites look funny on a sport quad. They were new on the quad when I bought it and was like those are coming off asap.I rode it for one ride and was totally amazed at how they hook. My wife has a set on her built LTZ and we swear by them for the trails we ride. That my 2 cents.

Trxman300
04-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by juiced418
I have both for my built (460) 400ex. We ride in pittsfeild ma. and the riding is a lot of rock and mud. I like the mudlites for that type of riding. When I go out localy in tobacco field and woods the HD are top notch. The mudlites I run ae 22" and they hook on everything but frozen ground. In the winter the quad just spins as it has to much torque and brakes loose. The HD's are 20" and are better formx/xc racing than mudlites. I also agree mudlites look funny on a sport quad. They were new on the quad when I bought it and was like those are coming off asap.I rode it for one ride and was totally amazed at how they hook. My wife has a set on her built LTZ and we swear by them for the trails we ride. That my 2 cents.

how are the trails in pittsfield? are they legal? i ride in Groveland and some of the trails are illegal so the cops like to watch those areas. our trail system is getting boring after about 6 years on them.....

juiced418
04-12-2010, 01:00 PM
The trails are all aproved for riding. There is like 40+ miles of trails for atv's. There is a few walking trails but no probs there. The police are asses if you ride on the actual road and not trails. I have not once last summer saw the police on the trails and we go every weekend. The trails are the better of the ones that are in western ma. We park at balance rock and ride from there. There is a very well kept out house there, a huge plus when you are riding all day. We come back at around noon and cook out on a grill we bring and then go back out riding after. There is camping area's in the park also. It is a huge area. Most of the trails are hard packed wood trails, but there is there portion of mud and rock. There is about 12 steams/brooks that you cross, some with bridges (most). We use to go to october mountain, but very rocky same as bear mountain. We live in the springfield area and it is a 1 hr ride. Not bad at all. We also ride in enfield on tobacoo feilds that my wifes parents neighbor owns about 300+ acres. It is fun for a quick ride.

Trxman300
04-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by juiced418
The trails are all aproved for riding. There is like 40+ miles of trails for atv's. There is a few walking trails but no probs there. The police are asses if you ride on the actual road and not trails. I have not once last summer saw the police on the trails and we go every weekend. The trails are the better of the ones that are in western ma. We park at balance rock and ride from there. There is a very well kept out house there, a huge plus when you are riding all day. We come back at around noon and cook out on a grill we bring and then go back out riding after. There is camping area's in the park also. It is a huge area. Most of the trails are hard packed wood trails, but there is there portion of mud and rock. There is about 12 steams/brooks that you cross, some with bridges (most). We use to go to october mountain, but very rocky same as bear mountain. We live in the springfield area and it is a 1 hr ride. Not bad at all. We also ride in enfield on tobacoo feilds that my wifes parents neighbor owns about 300+ acres. It is fun for a quick ride.

o thats sweet. ill need to cheak that place out when i get my licence. i like in georgetown and have a camp in royalston near wincendon and gardner.. it would be a long trip to come from georgetown so i would need to go when i am at mycamp or something... thanks for all the info, i appreciate it alot.