PDA

View Full Version : any suggestions??

2001warriorman
03-31-2010, 07:52 PM
Alright so for those who have read my previous post you know that im in a crap boat thats sinking in the middle of nowhere.. I have the oppritunity to get a banshee motor with ported cylinders and cases but he said it was low on compression so needs bored and new pistons. Im thinking of getting it and throwing new rings in it and using my cool head since it doesnt come with a head and running it in my bike. OR!!!! I can get an 03 with an extended swing arm, vf3 reeds, extended swing arm, and supposadly "ported cylinders" the guy seems pretty shady thats the only reason I haven't already picked it up. It needs pistons and rings.

2001warriorman
03-31-2010, 07:55 PM
I just noticed I put extended swingarm twice lol. I have enough money to buy either and its burning a hole in my pocket lol. I sold the j arm roller and some spare parts I had laying around. It doesn't help I bought some stuff for my rm and a -2 swing arm for the banshee :devil:

justout
04-05-2010, 11:23 AM
I have found out that banshees are sooooooooo easy to work on there is not a whole lot to them. I say if he will give you a good deal on the bike and that is all that is wrong with it GET IT I bought mine with bad pistons and rings, and had it running two weeks later.(and most of that time was waiting for the parts to come in) I was able to just hone out the cylinders and then put new wisco pistons and rings in it and it runs very good. i tink i was into it about 200.00 I mean it is up to you, I just wanted to let you know that the top end is simple but you might want to check if it has been board before because if it has too many times than you will need new cylinders and then you’re talking more money.

2001warriorman
04-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Ya I know there very easy to work on bottem end works a brease as well. But what I dont understand is why he'd sell AN 05 for 550 if all it needs is pistons. Boring isn't insanely expensive he said its .20 over which isnt bad my last one was on the end of its days. He also said its ported, it has an extended swing arm looked like +2, full dgs, and v force 3s